Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 12:37 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I feel sorry for the kid's family, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for the kid. This is just one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Sorry if that sounds harsh.
I feel the same way, and I don't care if it sounds harsh.

Kid is the odds on favorite for this year's Darwin Award.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:38 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,689 times
yep, suicide by stupidity. The people claiming Tony aimed for him or could have avoided him have no understanding of how sprint cars work.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:58 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,703,968 times
The type of car could have played a part in whether or not Tony saw him in time. That wing could impact or restrict visibility. I believe it's possible Tony intended to clip, not kill the driver. But the driver is an idiot to walk out onto a race track, especially a dirt track that offers very little traction.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The type of car could have played a part in whether or not Tony saw him in time. That wing could impact or restrict visibility. I believe it's possible Tony intended to clip, not kill the driver. But the driver is an idiot to walk out onto a race track, especially a dirt track that offers very little traction.
I'm sorry but no professional driver, even an ill-tempered one like Stewart supposedly is, ever believes you can "clip" someone even at caution or pit speeds without high risk of killing them. Why the hell would he even try to clip the guy anyway?

Honestly, some of you people are seriously sick.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
They were under caution, so they were not at racing speed. I read that Tony was probably going 30 to 45 mph when he hit Ward.
really so you can tell what the pace car speed was from the video? sorry but there isnt enough evidence to do that. and pace lap speeds are NOT universal. world of outlaws does not follow nascar rules, and vice versa. but even still, at 45mph in a car with limited visibility, at night, and an idiot in a dark suit coming from behind another car, with mud on the visor, and you expect tony to see this idiot? what you think tony is some kind of jedi master using the force? stop with the blind rage against tony stewart and start thinking clearly, and perhaps you might see things differently.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:06 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,280,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
There's another video, reportedly, and I hope that video shows that he did in on purpose because that would be awesome.
Here, fixed this for you.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'm sorry but no professional driver, even an ill-tempered one like Stewart supposedly is, ever believes you can "clip" someone even at caution or pit speeds without high risk of killing them. Why the hell would he even try to clip the guy anyway?

Honestly, some of you people are seriously sick.
When calm, no, he wouldn't. However some people are very angry and irrational in their decision making g while in such a rage. Not saying he did this intentionally, but I do believe it is possible. The police in the area also feel it's possible because they're continuing their investigation.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:15 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,299,576 times
"From what I saw, Tony did everything in his power to turn down away from Kevin to avoid him," said sprint car driver Cory Sparks.
Sparks was just a few cars behind Stewart during Saturday's race. He said videos that have been posted online do not give an accurate picture of what happened.

"People say that they heard the engine rev up and he gassed it. In a sprint car, the only way to steer is you steer with the rear wheels as much as you do the steering wheel. In my opinion, what he did was he gassed it to turn down away from him," said Sparks.

Sparks also said drivers are very limited with the amount they can see out of the right side of the car.

"Kevin was wearing all-black. A black fire suit, a black helmet, which in normal situations isn't a big deal, they are to go with the colors of your car. It was tragic accident and a mistake was made," said Sparks.

Witness to Tony Stewart Crash Says Driver Could Not Have Avoided Hitting Other Driver - Time Warner Cable News

Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,299,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
When calm, no, he wouldn't. However some people are very angry and irrational in their decision making g while in such a rage.
What would Tony have been angry about? No one tried to wreck him, he most likely didn't even know that the car spun behind him. Seriously why do you think Tony would be in a rage?

According to a driver right behind him, Tony tried to avoid Ward, who appeared basically out of nowhere darting towards him!

Old 08-12-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
What would Tony have been angry about? No one tried to wreck him, he most likely didn't even know that the car spun behind him. Seriously why do you think Tony would be in a rage?

According to a driver right behind him, Tony tried to avoid Ward, who appeared basically out of nowhere darting towards him!
Competition can bring out the worst in some people. Also, Tony has made threats in the past to run down another driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive