Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 07:33 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Who said I want to roll around in antiques? Nice assumptions rice boy. Go back to blowing the various Japanese brand executives.
Umm, you did actually.

And you'd better slow down so you can take that curve up ahead. 90 degree turns at what, 10, maybe 15 MPH before your tires break loose?

Old 04-14-2013, 07:39 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Umm, you did actually.

And you'd better slow down so you can take that curve up ahead. 90 degree turns at what, 10, maybe 15 MPH before your tires break loose?
No I didn't. Read a flippin' dictionary before you speak. Your second sentence is an even further representation of your idiocy.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:51 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,940 times
This is what is called "doth protesting too much" also known as "hitting a nerve."

Old 04-14-2013, 07:55 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
This is what is called "doth protesting too much" also known as "hitting a nerve."
So you think you hit a nerve because you replied to me with something that makes no sense? What am I protesting about? Even the average troll will make some sense. You are not hence I think you're an idiot. What does antique mean? Let us see you not answer this question.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:38 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,569,957 times
Regardless of what those micromanaging nosy social-engineering busybodies in Sacramento, DC, Albany and elsewhere try to force us to buy at our local new car dealer, the fact remains that hybrids remain overpriced, and are not driven enough by your average new car buyer to make any fiscal or financial sense whatsoever.

The fact remains the the hybrid/electric car market in the USA has been stuck in the 2%-3% range as it pertains to market share for 10+ years; we the people have been voting against them with our wallets for at least that long, & will continue to do so.

If the government is so fixated on folks buying those electric & hybrid cars, make it mandatory that all government employees who drive cars while on government business or get cars as government employees must buy one.

The overwhelming majority of US citizens don't want them, and have no intention of going out to buy them, since most of them are seriously overpriced.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:38 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,018,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Regardless of what those micromanaging nosy social-engineering busybodies in Sacramento, DC, Albany and elsewhere try to force us to buy at our local new car dealer, the fact remains that hybrids remain overpriced, and are not driven enough by your average new car buyer to make any fiscal or financial sense whatsoever.

The fact remains the the hybrid/electric car market in the USA has been stuck in the 2%-3% range as it pertains to market share for 10+ years; we the people have been voting against them with our wallets for at least that long, & will continue to do so.

If the government is so fixated on folks buying those electric & hybrid cars, make it mandatory that all government employees who drive cars while on government business or get cars as government employees must buy one.

The overwhelming majority of US citizens don't want them, and have no intention of going out to buy them, since most of them are seriously overpriced.
Be careful what you ask for. Federal employees who use cars for government business generally are required to drive a government owned car. I would not want to encourage the feds into spending even more tax dollars to stock their fleet with hybrids and such... although I am sure they do!

Old 04-15-2013, 06:46 AM

924 posts, read 2,604,817 times
Since this is 'Murica I beilieve that people should be able to drive whatever they want. I do however, live in an area that is dominated by giant pickup trucks. We are talking big giant pickup trucks that have never seen a speck of dirt in their life. Never towing, Never hauling, just daily driven to work pickup trucks. They take up a ridiculous amount of space in parking lots and on the road.

I just think the gas guzzler tax should apply to trucks and that there should be some kind of advanced licensing system for trucks. I just don't like the idea that some 16 year old kid can take their test in a ford fiesta and then immediately get behind the wheel of a giant dually.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:50 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,499,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post

Clueless or marked agenda ^^^^^^

Yeah.. those $22k Prius are such a ripoff... how overpriced.. theres so many OTHER MIDSIZE, new cars that get 50mpg, free maintance for two years and you can count for 200-400k of trouble free mileage. Lol..

Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,717,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Clueless or marked agenda ^^^^^^

Yeah.. those $22k Prius are such a ripoff... how overpriced.. theres so many OTHER MIDSIZE, new cars that get 50mpg, free maintance for two years and you can count for 200-400k of trouble free mileage. Lol..
The only Prius that starts at $22k or below is the Prius C, which starts at about $19k. The standard Prius, base, is $24,200. The Prius Plug In is $32,000 and the Prius V is $26,650. These are all base prices. Add anything and the price goes up. I've also never met anyone that actually gets the EPA numbers in their Prius. I'm sure there are hyper-milers that can do it, but in everyday driving, not so much. If I'm going to pay $30K or more for a car, I want something bigger than a go-kart. I've ridden in a Prius. I was not impressed at all. Yeah, it's quiet. The backseat is tiny and the car itself feels cramped. I'll keep my Jeep, thanks. Plenty of power, plenty of room inside. Gas mileage is not even remotely a concern for me when I buy a car.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:10 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,851,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
The only Prius that starts at $22k or below is the Prius C, which starts at about $19k. The standard Prius, base, is $24,200. The Prius Plug In is $32,000 and the Prius V is $26,650. These are all base prices. Add anything and the price goes up. I've also never met anyone that actually gets the EPA numbers in their Prius. I'm sure there are hyper-milers that can do it, but in everyday driving, not so much. If I'm going to pay $30K or more for a car, I want something bigger than a go-kart. I've ridden in a Prius. I was not impressed at all. Yeah, it's quiet. The backseat is tiny and the car itself feels cramped. I'll keep my Jeep, thanks. Plenty of power, plenty of room inside. Gas mileage is not even remotely a concern for me when I buy a car.
Hi ReblTeen84--

I don't get the EPA numbers in my '07 (48 in city/45 highway).

This is from just last night:

No, I don't hypermile. I just drive conservatively, keep it under 70, and coast up to lights when possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive