Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 11:48 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,290,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Then why is KIA also known as Krap In America and Krap in Asia?
Buy American support Americans. America makes average driver cars that are just as good as any asian cars and any European car.. The way a person drives and takes care of their vehicle makes a big difference.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 AM

924 posts, read 2,604,817 times
Quote:
Buy American support Americans. America makes average driver cars that are just as good as any asian cars and any European car.. The way a person drives and takes care of their vehicle makes a big difference.

I have never heard that before and a statement like that doesn't support any kind of argument. I am not a KIA lover but they are producing attractive, fairly priced, and economical vehicles. They are trying to do something different was my point unlike Honda and Toyota who are just resting on their laurels and putting out the same bland 4 wheel appliances every year.

Why buy American and "support" Americans when you can find superior vehicles elsewhere? Americans are closing the gap significantly right now but half the time buying an American car means supporting some other country anyway.

For instance the Camaro is made in Canada and the Camry is made in Kentucky. Who do you support there?

Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 AM

2,341 posts, read 12,048,573 times
Quote:
I'm not a Kia fan, but this is a completely ridiculous, pointless argument.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:03 PM

374 posts, read 721,919 times
Quote:
America makes average driver cars that are just as good as any asian cars and any European car.. The way a person drives and takes care of their vehicle makes a big difference.
lol American cars are piles of crap.

I wouldn't even want to ride in anything built by GM. absolute garbage put together by pothead union workers.

German cars humiliate american cars.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:15 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,980,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel95 View Post
I have never heard that before and a statement like that doesn't support any kind of argument. I am not a KIA lover but they are producing attractive, fairly priced, and economical vehicles. They are trying to do something different was my point unlike Honda and Toyota who are just resting on their laurels and putting out the same bland 4 wheel appliances every year.

Why buy American and "support" Americans when you can find superior vehicles elsewhere? Americans are closing the gap significantly right now but half the time buying an American car means supporting some other country anyway.

For instance the Camaro is made in Canada and the Camry is made in Kentucky. Who do you support there?
A Camry outsells a Camaro 5 to 1. Family sedan vs muscle car. Not a fair comparison. Plus the Camaro factory is in Ontario Canada, literally right across the border from Michigan.

Compare the Camry to the Cruze. Or the Camry to the Fusion. Both of those cars are American made, and GM sells more cars worldwide than Toyota does.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:16 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,704,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenere View Post

I wouldn't even want to ride in anything built by GM. absolute garbage put together by pothead union workers.

Need you forget cars that'll walk over their German competition. Hmmm to name a few...Chevy Corvette, Cadillac CTS-V, Dodge Viper, Shelby GT500, need I go on?

As far as build quality goes...read a recent review of the Cadillac ATS...or better yet, read a comparison of the Cadillac ATS to the BMW 3 Series.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:

The Trabant, et al.

'Nuff said.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:11 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
Just a few of the 1000's of similiar KIA complaints,

Kia Motors Consumer Reviews and Complaints - My3cents.com

Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Just a few of the 1000's of similiar KIA complaints,

Kia Motors Consumer Reviews and Complaints - My3cents.com
Recheck your link, Bubba. It's not what you think it is.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:52 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,980,722 times
Quote:

German cars humiliate American cars in what way? Terms of price? Yes they do, extremely overpriced for what you're getting. In terms of performance? I think not. American muscle and sports cars routinely outperform their German counterparts dollar for dollar.

What could be more humiliating than driving a $95,000 M5 and getting dusted by a $55,000 Camaro ZL1 or a $50,000 Shelby GT500? Those two MUSCLE cars are faster in a straight line and around the Nurburgring than the M5, Germany's ultimate test of a performance car. Case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive