Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 02:54 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cadillac_Lawyer View Post
Oh so it's just in the "hood" where welfare fraud is prevalent? Dang, I learn something everyday on the internet from random people who have no clue what they're talking about.
Says the sleazy lawyer lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 04:44 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,392,303 times
Kind of related:

Buy a $60k BMW and everyone thinks you're some rich big-shot.

Buy a $60k Suburban LTZ and no one even notices.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:05 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
Kind of related:

Buy a $60k BMW and everyone thinks you're some rich big-shot.

Buy a $60k Suburban LTZ and no one even notices.
I don't know whether it's still true, but a few years back I saw something on which which brand had the largest number of "true luxury" sales... that is sales of vehicles above $40K.

The brand with the most... Chevrolet.

Makes sense if you think about it. They sell an awful lot of expensive trucks, full size SUVs and Corvettes.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:51 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
What if you want a new Benz. You save well for the job you have but its a little more than you want to spend.

Anyways how do people get to own luxury vehicles if they are a little more than they want to spend?
It's funny. I can afford to buy a new Benz outright, but don't want it. I'll stick to my 2005 Honda Accord.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:24 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
It's funny. I can afford to buy a new Benz outright, but don't want it. I'll stick to my 2005 Honda Accord.
ha ha...I said I'd stick with my PAID FOR '06 minivan, too!

I once looked at a Porsche 944 Turbo {1986 model in 1986} and could have bought one for nearly what I paid for my 1986 "luxury packaged" 4x4 pickup truck....but the truck won out! I am a truck/van person.

I MIGHT like a Cadillac SRX all wheel drive "wagon", though..one of these days, or do i really want an Escalade? They'll stop making them by the time I decide....

Old 07-08-2015, 11:50 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
If you ever go to the hood you have people on welfare driving Mercedes S Class and talking on I Phone 6 living off the taxes of the working class, gotta love America where the working classes support the lower classes, little help from the super rich and the dirt poor please. No wonder the world thinks we are screwed up country.
Hmmm,

Here where I live, in my county, many many accusations were made of the sort you just did.

ExpensiveSmart Cell phones for the welfare/public assistance people, and the driving cars like {predominantly here} Caddies.

SO, a study/test was done to prove this theory. IT WAS DISPROVED! DEBUNKED!

First the cell phones: the FEDERAL government GIVES out "Emergency cell phones" {OR Land Lines}, to those who meet certain requirements...like getting food stamps, HEAP or other help. It comes with calling/texting capabilities. It is so they have emergency contact capabilities IF/WHEN they need it. They are NO secret, they are advertised on the regular TV, in LOTS of commercials..only they don't say "If you are on welfare, come get your free phone!"... THAT accusation {about affording expensive smart phones on welfare public dollars}was DEBUNKED. NO ONE EVER thought they'd have regular land lines IF smart phones weren't on the market....DUH!

Second, the cars. SURE they may have driven caddies, SOME of them, BUT FIRST: NOT ALL WELFARE RECIPIENTS HAD A CAR, period!
And the ones with caddies?? No one paid attention to them being at least 10, 12 15 years old and not worth much!!! had it/they been Chevys, NO ONE would have noticed!!! and where do the used caddies come from?? From those who have jobs, like health care, who DO make big bucks, who trade them in after 4 years. Then after the guys who bought the 4 year old caddy, and kept it for 6 years. Then it was sold cheaply to perhaps another person who kept it a few years.....THEN the welfare people got it, as an OLD car.

That is all they found...

OH. BTW...since CLINTON was so forceful....and states have joined, the welfare programs have changed. Many people can only be on it for just 2 years, before their benefits wear out, and many are required to WORK or VOLUNTEER in order to get the benefits, NOT just "sit around while the working class support them"....Women/mothers of small children may get a break, but not the average joe-blow or jane-blow.

Food for thought.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:12 AM

837 posts, read 2,335,110 times
galazyhi, facts are useless to most people on CD that post that kind of rhetoric, they interpret the truth by how they feel, not facts.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
What if you want a new Benz. You save well for the job you have but its a little more than you want to spend.

Anyways how do people get to own luxury vehicles if they are a little more than they want to spend?
Also remember cost to maintain and insure .

Old 07-10-2015, 06:49 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Or you can lease for the first 3yrs then once the lease is up finance the balance. Sure you may pay more in the long run depending on how well you negotiate and your credit, but your monthly payments will sting less.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:10 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Or you can lease for the first 3yrs then once the lease is up finance the balance. Sure you may pay more in the long run depending on how well you negotiate and your credit, but your monthly payments will sting less.
The only problem is the OP would have an out of warranty German car that is not inexpensive to keep on the road, not a good situation in which to have a car payment on a limited budget.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive