Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 05:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa
Is it too difficult for you to answer the phone like a grownup and say I'm no longer interested, please stop contacting me.

I mean really? You needed to consult the Internet on how to get them to stop calling when you haven't even told them to stop calling.

Be an adult and tell them to leave you alone.
Is it too difficult for you to read the entire thread like a grownup and read the follow up comments?

I mean really? You need to insult somebody over the Internet to feel important?

Be an adult and apologize for your snarky remark.

Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/autom...#ixzz4goZG9MTX

Guess what WeHa? When it comes to dealing with car salesman, polite doesn't work. Ever since I've had my new Honda, I've been hounded by salespeople from the dealership where I bought it trying to get me to upgrade or trade it in, we're going on 3 years now. I have repeatedly told them I am not interested, and don't want a new car but they won't give up. They've gone from e-mail to snail mail and now they are calling my cell. I finally wrote a letter to American Honda Customer Service and complained. Reporting them to the manager does no good, the manager is the one pressuring them to do what it takes to meet their sales quota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 10:09 PM

1,668 posts, read 1,485,287 times
Don't get mad, just be in control.

They can't make you answer the phone. See the call ID and just let it ring.

They can't keep you on the phone. Say "Sorry, I'm not interested, Goodbye". They may accept that and you can end the call. If they try to engage you in further conversation, ignore their words, say "sorry" and "goodbye" again and end the call.

Don't give them the time it takes to make up some excuse for your lack of interest. You don't owe them a reason.

Or you can just end the call without a word while they are speaking.

Or you pick up the phone. open the call, or whatever, but do not speak, just listen for a few seconds, They may speak, don't respond, they may be confused, don't speak, end the call.

I wasn't always this way. I got old and that's what happened.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:29 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times
I bought X, which is something other than what they're selling.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:48 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,979,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmcd472 View Post
Quote:
Is it too difficult for you to answer the phone like a grownup and say I'm no longer interested, please stop contacting me.

I mean really? You needed to consult the Internet on how to get them to stop calling when you haven't even told them to stop calling.
PLEASE come to my house and show me HOW to get these off shore automated :

"You credit is great but how would you like to get a better rate".

THEY are OFF SHORE phone calls and then transferred to an on shore boiler room. The people working at these boiler rooms have no idea where the calls come from.

Every day. Similar calls. Randomly use different phone numbers.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:55 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Quote:

Be an adult and tell them to leave you alone.
Is it too difficult for you to read the entire thread like a grownup and read the follow up comments?

I mean really? You need to insult somebody over the Internet to feel important?

Be an adult and apologize for your snarky remark.

Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/autom...#ixzz4goZG9MTX

Guess what WeHa? When it comes to dealing with car salesman, polite doesn't work. Ever since I've had my new Honda, I've been hounded by salespeople from the dealership where I bought it trying to get me to upgrade or trade it in, we're going on 3 years now. I have repeatedly told them I am not interested, and don't want a new car but they won't give up. They've gone from e-mail to snail mail and now they are calling my cell. I finally wrote a letter to American Honda Customer Service and complained. Reporting them to the manager does no good, the manager is the one pressuring them to do what it takes to meet their sales quota.
Hello., welcome to 2 years ago.

I surely hope by now they stopped calling.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,237 times
No they haven't stopped calling. It started when my car was 6 months old and now it's almost 3 years later. I know this thread started 2 years ago but it's still timely. If you don't want replies after a certain date, close the discussion.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:18 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
No they haven't stopped calling. It started when my car was 6 months old and now it's almost 3 years later. I know this thread started 2 years ago but it's still timely. If you don't want replies after a certain date, close the discussion.
Ok do this.

Get the biggest posterboard you can find and write on it, Please stop calling me.

Park your car next to their lot and walk back and forth in front of the dealership (but not on their property).

I'm sure that'll get their attention to stop calling.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:50 PM

21,827 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
Yeah but surely they will attempt to convince me otherwise.

The main question is this: is this a normal practice for dealers to get your personal info right away? He wouldn't even show me any cars, saying that they need this info to do business.
They're not going to waste time on it. I shopped about four or five dealers when I bought my car. I just answered the phone or returned the call and said thank you for your time but I've already purchased a car. Pretty standard to get contact information to follow-up in any kind of business you do. When I do multi-party litigation and there's 10 attorneys representing 15 defendants and cross claimants/defendants and I don't get a service list we spend ten minutes going over who everyone is and who they represent. That's ten attorneys billing $200 an hour or more plus an expert witness sitting around while I get everyone's information. Nothing happens until I know who everyone is as I'm not trying to chase down contact information once they're out of the room.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:52 PM

797 posts, read 751,615 times
"SIR,I bought not one,not two ,but three cars from another dealer. "

Or you can stick with I bought a car already. That should it.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:14 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
I went to a dealer last week to look at a car that was advertised. I sent their internet rep an email and she said they just received the car and it's in the shop as they get it ready. I go in the evening and the car is on the lot but it's a different color than what they advertised.

While I was there, I test drove a couple of cars but was not interested in either (one had too many miles and the other was the wrong color).

So now they apparently have the same color car that was advertised on their site. The salesperson has called me three days in a row and left a message.

First question, do dealers normally gather your personal info as soon as you hit the lot? When I arrived, the salesman couldn't wait to get me inside to get my name, number, address, etc. Unfortunately I didn't have my Google voice number memorized so I gave him my regular #. Next question, I changed my mind and want a different model vehicle so I am not interested in the vehicle he is calling about. Should I call him back or just let him keep leaving messages until he gets tired of it?
Haven't fun with it. Like this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=-7OgWcwgB50
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive