Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 06:44 PM

171 posts, read 142,167 times

Advertisements

I would recommend the S5. Pricier than the other coupes but worth it. I own an S5 cabriolet myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 07:01 PM

469 posts, read 576,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Seems like there are a few more coupes you could go drive?

Infiniti? Mercedes? Audi?
These. Also might be worth it to give Jaguar a look with the XF. If you can wait until a little later this year, the brand new XE model has done very, very well in road test reviews and comparison tests so far.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:34 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Forester XT Turbo is the sportiest SUV at the price with one of best full-time AWD systems that's geared for performance and slippery conditions. Very few AWD cars are really designed from the ground up, most are just 2WD drive with added AWD system.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:45 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,090,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Forester XT Turbo is the sportiest SUV at the price with one of best full-time AWD systems that's geared for performance and slippery conditions. Very few AWD cars are really designed from the ground up, most are just 2WD drive with added AWD system.

Yeah, 'cause a Forester SUV is exactly the same as a performance coupe.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:59 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
As a huge Subaru fan It's not close to being a luxury coupe or even a sports coupe. The only model that would be considered to be what the OP wants is the Legacy & even then would have to get the 3.6 Liter R Limited. The WRX is more boy racer then anything else. Even that engine is no where close to the Audi, Bmw in power. I believe it's like 256hp.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:02 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,733,097 times
Forester is neither sporty or luxury. But it was never designed to be that way. We love our Forester.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:13 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,090,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Forester is neither sporty or luxury. But it was never designed to be that way. We love our Forester.

And I love my Suburban for it's utility and towing capacity, but I'd never suggest it to someone looking for a sports coupe...lol.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:37 AM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
You have no choice, OP. Bentley.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:38 AM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
And btw. As I said before, Cadillac ATS was the worst rental I ever drove. I hated it for 1600 miles.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:57 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I have been test driving the current crop of luxury coupes on the market. Primarily, I am drawn to them as I am looking for something which a sports car leaning driving experience, while being able to equip it with all wheel drive (Makes life easier in a Buffalo winter), and having a decent back seat where I can transport my daughter, who turns 7 next month, reasonably well. (This is not the family car, but it needs to be able to have the family in it).

So, everyone raves about the the cars in the luxury coupe class. I have driven the BMW 428i X-Drive, Cadillac ATS4 coupe, and Lexus RC300 AWD.

With all the magazine and individual raves of these cars, what a disappointing trio.

The BMW felt the sportiest and most fun to drive so long as it was in sport mode, but I never got past the howl of the run flat tires. Overall, I think it is probably the best option in class, but the amount of tire noise that came into the cabin, really did not make it feel like a $50K luxury car.

After the BMW, things fell off fast. The Lexus RC 300 AWD may have been the next best. It felt very eager to rotate around the middle axis of the car. That was fun, but the lack of any feel through the steering was not. So although I am sure it would grip turns well, the lack of road feel would kill off any confidence the driver would have in the chassis. Thats not a deal breaker necessarily either, but the lack of push was. It just never felt quick, even at WOT. Maybe it is because the 428 and ATS have turbos that give you a healthy kick, where as the V6 is more linear. Still, it did not feel like a lively powertrain. The interior was pretty busy too, with disjointed shelves, creases, levels, etc, to the dash and controls. It at least felt worth that $50K sticker price in build quality. Now, if it had a little more kick like the BMW and ATS's entry/mid engine options.

The Cadillac ATS4. If I could put this nicely I would. I cannot. It felt cheap. Unrefined. I cannot fathom how magazines think this may be the to sit in, and had a lot of kick from the turbo 4. The car moved fast and felt eager to be given a lot of power. It just did not feel like a premium or well refined car overall.

Ultimately, I guess I felt disappointed that these cars did not provide more of a wow factor considering their price tags.
Get an Audi S5 or A5. Audi is ahead of the bunch these days. You missed the best car available. Enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive