Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 09:01 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times

Advertisements

No. Honda makes cars.

All automakers are about the same. They all make cars. Most cars have their areas of "best-ness" whether it be performance, comfort, utility, towing, longevity, MPG, technology, ride, handling, noise, appearance. . .. Well except the Jeep Compass, it is not even good in any category, just a giant mediochre/bad mess. However most cars you can find something they excel at above all others. I might be nothing more than how easy it is to pump gas into it, but ever vehicle has its own "best" All cars also have their downsides. Most have some category where they are the worst. Usually however, you cannot generalize about an entire brand. That seems a bit silly.

I will agree with you, Honda makes the best Accords. No other manufacturer makes a better Honda Accord than Honda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 09:08 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
Here is Honda's model lineup:
Accord
Civic
Fit
HRV
CRV
Pilot
Ridgeline
Odyssey

Then you have some hybrid vehicles, Si, Type R models etc.
What do all these vehicles have in common? Reliabilty, Good Fuel Economy, Good resale value, good reviews, sales etc

Now there will be some bad vehicles, lemons, recalls etc. But I would take this lineup against any other manufacturers (Ford, Toyota, Chevy etc)

Old 07-14-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
No. Honda makes cars.

All automakers are about the same. They all make cars. Most cars have their areas of "best-ness" whether it be performance, comfort, utility, towing, longevity, MPG, technology, ride, handling, noise, appearance. . .. Well except the Jeep Compass, it is not even good in any category, just a giant mediochre/bad mess. However most cars you can find something they excel at above all others. I might be nothing more than how easy it is to pump gas into it, but ever vehicle has its own "best" All cars also have their downsides. Most have some category where they are the worst. Usually however, you cannot generalize about an entire brand. That seems a bit silly.

I will agree with you, Honda makes the best Accords. No other manufacturer makes a better Honda Accord than Honda.
They make, cars, motorcycles, jets, generators, lawn mowers too. But that's another discussion.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Honda makes a great all around vehicle but I would never own one. Best automaker? really? Not even close.
Who is the best automaker to you?

Old 07-14-2017, 09:29 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Who is the best automaker to you?
I am not saying Honda doesn't make great automobile but given the choice of similar type vehicles I would choose Toyota as the best.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:30 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
If you take in account reliability, diversity, fun to drive, technological and cost it would seem to me like Honda would be considered the best automaker. Toyota's seem too boring, Mazda's not enough diversity, BMW are too expensive etc.

Plus it seems like all of their models sell very well. Not always the top in sales within their class but usually top 3 or 4. Anyone agree?
Except for fun to drive. My Accord is OK. Owning and driving it after owning a Mustang GT, it's not nearly as fun to drive as an American muscle car.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:05 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
What do you mean by "more fun to drive?"

I'm looking for a new car and the mazda is near the top of the list. I've heard other posters say this but I don't know what it means. I want something that looks nice/sleek, drives smoothly, has excellent/fast acceleration. But many cars fit this bill. I'm not looking to do a pop a wheelie around tight corners .
I test drove 4 CUV's before I bought the Mazda. It's a CUV. How fun could it possibly be to drive? I turns out it was quite a bit more fun to drive then the CRV, Crosstrek and the Jeep Cherokee.

In the end, to me, it came down to the Cherokee vs. the CX-5. The Cherokee was a few dollars cheaper and had more options. The CX-5 (to me) looked better... and was a LOT more fun to drive. They have very similar motors. Very similar HP and torque numbers. I couldn't stop thinking I wanted the Mazda.
The CX-5 has MUCH better throttle response. The CX-5 has an easy to activate SPORT mode, not a dial like the Jeep that you shouldn't really try to change unless you're stopped. It would have been a little more practical to buy the Jeep. But in the end, fun to drive (and zero % interest) won me over. Drive a few... you'll understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Mazda is fun to drive, but Subaru overpowers Mazda due to safety and fun to drive factor combined with AWD.
I am going to have to disagree there. But that's a personal thing. We are all different. But I've not heard anyone say any Subaru CUV\SUV was MORE fun to drive than any Mazda. Maybe an Impreza?

Old 07-14-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I test drove 4 CUV's before I bought the Mazda. It's a CUV. How fun could it possibly be to drive? I turns out it was quite a bit more fun to drive then the CRV, Crosstrek and the Jeep Cherokee.

In the end, to me, it came down to the Cherokee vs. the CX-5. The Cherokee was a few dollars cheaper and had more options. The CX-5 (to me) looked better... and was a LOT more fun to drive. They have very similar motors. Very similar HP and torque numbers. I couldn't stop thinking I wanted the Mazda.
The CX-5 has MUCH better throttle response. The CX-5 has an easy to activate SPORT mode, not a dial like the Jeep that you shouldn't really try to change unless you're stopped. It would have been a little more practical to buy the Jeep. But in the end, fun to drive (and zero % interest) won me over. Drive a few... you'll understand.

I am going to have to disagree there. But that's a personal thing. We are all different. But I've not heard anyone say any Subaru CUV\SUV was MORE fun to drive than any Mazda. Maybe an Impreza?
There is no way that Mazda could be or would be considered the best automaker. Which is what this thread is about. They may be fun to drive or even sporty but they are not in the same league as Honda, Toyota etc.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Except for fun to drive. My Accord is OK. Owning and driving it after owning a Mustang GT, it's not nearly as fun to drive as an American muscle car.
Of course a muscle car would be more fun to drive than an Accord. Apples and oranges lol

The only Honda that would be comparable to a Mustang would be the Accord Coupe V6 or the Civic Type R.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I am not saying Honda doesn't make great automobile but given the choice of similar type vehicles I would choose Toyota as the best.
I would rank Toyota 2nd. They have a good lineup but they are considered very boring and have questionable styling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive