Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 08:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Nope, people with electric cars got out. Heck people on mopeds and bicycles probably got out as well.

Doesn't change my stance stance that as of today in an emergency situation I would take my ICE over any other method.
Which is absolutely fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 09:24 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,738,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Which is absolutely fine.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:01 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,671,988 times
Quote:
Nope. You seem to not like the idea that people with electric cars were as able to get out just like anyone else.

I really don't care one way or another. I'm pretty sure that I acknowledged that some EV owners got out. Are we arguing for the sake or argument? My point has moved beyond if anyone got out. My point in the discussion that is now going on is that in an emergency, the ICE vehicle would be my preferred vehicle of choice because I can plan ahead and accordingly. If the evacuation warning is presented and I know that I still need to board up windows or prep my home before leaving I can wait the extra day or two to leave while I finish up those things. Since my fuel is already with me, I have a little more flexibility on when I can leave regardless of whether or not a gas station is available.

Kind of hard to do with an EV right now. I also said that I hope that changes in the future. I don't know why you think I don't like them. I've admitted a few times that I do.

Quote:
People don't prep in advance or they wouldn't have turned around and went home.
Please, show me those stats. Not ALL people prep in advance, and those people got stuck waiting in long lines or just stuck there to ride out the storm. But a lot of people DO prep. Especially those who are familiar with what happens during an evacuation. It only takes one bad experience to learn what not to do in the future.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
I really don't care one way or another. I'm pretty sure that I acknowledged that some EV owners got out. Are we arguing for the sake or argument? My point has moved beyond if anyone got out. My point in the discussion that is now going on is that in an emergency, the ICE vehicle would be my preferred vehicle of choice because I can plan ahead and accordingly. If the evacuation warning is presented and I know that I still need to board up windows or prep my home before leaving I can wait the extra day or two to leave while I finish up those things. Since my fuel is already with me, I have a little more flexibility on when I can leave regardless of whether or not a gas station is available.
As I note, I do not care which you choose. Whatever makes you happy is good with me. Others should be able to do the same without people condemning their choices.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:30 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,671,988 times
Quote:
As I note, I do not care which you choose. Whatever makes you happy is good with me. Others should be able to do the same without people condemning their choices.
And I agree with that. I don't see where I condemned anyone's choices. I merely stated that >>I<< don't think an EV is the safest bet in an evacuation based on first hand experience of what it entails. Other's mileage may vary.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,738,816 times
I think this thread has run it's course (no pun intended)

Old 09-21-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
And I agree with that. I don't see where I condemned anyone's choices. I merely stated that >>I<< don't think an EV is the safest bet in an evacuation based on first hand experience of what it entails. Other's mileage may vary.
I was just speaking in generalities, not to you directly. If you took it that way, I did not mean it to be. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive