Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 06:06 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times

Advertisements

Just saw a Bigfoot copy cat F150 crush a Toyota Prius on AGT very cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 09:27 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,742,113 times
I could careless what others drive as long as they can actually drive it, park it and back out!

Old 06-05-2018, 09:39 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,742 posts, read 58,090,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Just saw a Bigfoot copy cat F150 crush a Toyota Prius on AGT very cool.
a F-150 is a toy / pretend truck... just saying...

Light, lightly built, economically built, can haul about the same as my VW pickup at 4x the fuel use!

SUVs... +/- can get some hate by the economy crowd who frowns at waste. I get the same from Prius drivers when they read my bumper sticker... "50 mpg since 1976, where have you been?"

Old 06-06-2018, 12:33 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Absolutely on point about the way SUVS block visibility of the road ahead, the same.way that trucks do. This compromises the safety of other cars on the road.

Also, SUVs have a higher center of gravity than sedans and are more likely to turn over, if control is lost. Our local police dept. has switched completely to large SUVs, replacing the small, low-slung sedans they used before. This is puzzling, because they need as much dependable maneuverability as possible and the SUVs use a lot more gas. I see other police agencies making this same switch.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:38 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Also, SUVs have a higher center of gravity than sedans and are more likely to turn over, if control is lost. Our local police dept. has switched completely to large SUVs, replacing the small, low-slung sedans they used before. This is puzzling, because they need as much dependable maneuverability as possible and the SUVs use a lot more gas. I see other police agencies making this same switch.
It's bc the Crown Vic is dead. Those were tough, body on frame (like a truck), could take a pounding, were huge inside and out, and basically indestructible.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
It's bc the Crown Vic is dead. Those were tough, body on frame (like a truck), could take a pounding, were huge inside and out, and basically indestructible.
And before the crown Vic it was the Chevrolet Caprice witch was way better than the crown Vic many police departments were rebuilding their caprices until they could not be rebuilt anymore. And before the Chevrolet they used the Plymouth fury police interceptor. But those vehicles are not made anymore so the police hav switch they need bigger vehicles to carry all the equipment they need.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
a F-150 is a toy / pretend truck... just saying...

Light, lightly built, economically built, can haul about the same as my VW pickup at 4x the fuel use!

SUVs... +/- can get some hate by the economy crowd who frowns at waste. I get the same from Prius drivers when they read my bumper sticker... "50 mpg since 1976, where have you been?"
Well that pretend truck the F150 is the best selling vehicle in the USA for over 40 years in fact it’s the best selling vehicle in the world, VW would love to have a vehicle like that.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:25 AM

7,190 posts, read 9,327,431 times
Quote:
Well that pretend truck the F150 is the best selling vehicle in the USA for over 40 years in fact it’s the best selling vehicle in the world, VW would love to have a vehicle like that.
Actually, they do. It's called the VW Golf.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Actually, they do. It's called the VW Golf.
You can’t haul with a little car like that let’s go 4 wheeling in your golf. VW wishes they had a pickup that could compete with the American pickups. I’ve seen many Ford pickups towing your little clown car.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/08/...-in-world.html

Care to correct yourself the F150 beats the golf in sales.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:26 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,051 times
Quote:
And before the crown Vic it was the Chevrolet Caprice witch was way better than the crown Vic many police departments were rebuilding their caprices until they could not be rebuilt anymore. And before the Chevrolet they used the Plymouth fury police interceptor. But those vehicles are not made anymore so the police hav switch they need bigger vehicles to carry all the equipment they need.
Agree, a Caprice cop car would blow the doors off any Crown Vic, too, as they had the LT1 V8s. Also, a GM B-body from that era (BOF too) was every bit as tough and robust as the Fords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive