Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 06:56 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times

Advertisements

Our local dealer has a few under that price, in fact one with 3,689 miles on it for $25,248.

https://www.evergreenford.com/search...&md=100&tr=121
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 06:59 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Ford warranty only goes to 36,000 miles, they do not extend for mileage on a demonstrator. The only thing that extends is the warranty end date, which is based upon the in-service date.
That is incorrect. When I was selling cars it was a big deal that we had the exact mileage on the paperwork because Toyota at least would extend the warranty from that period.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a maximum but I sold cars with 500 miles that would have it kicked out to 500 miles. I remember specifically because some people were paranoid about something going out at 36,020 miles.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:10 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
That is incorrect. When I was selling cars it was a big deal that we had the exact mileage on the paperwork because Toyota at least would extend the warranty from that period.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a maximum but I sold cars with 500 miles that would have it kicked out to 500 miles. I remember specifically because some people were paranoid about something going out at 36,020 miles.
All automakers extended the warranty to reflect the mileage on a demo. We’re do people get their information is beyond me why would they sell you a vehicle as new but say you’re warranty is only good for this amount of miles.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:12 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
Few years back, the dealer I was at found the Jeep with the specs I wanted in another dealers inventory a couple hundred miles away. Called them up, found out it was on the train to be delivered so it'd be a bit. I bought it, handed the dealer the keys to my old one and they handed me the keys to a Jeep from their lot for me to drive till mine was delivered to the original dealer and transported to mine. Took a bit, and in the meantime I think I put a thousand or so miles on the loaner (had a trip planned that I wasn't cancelling, they didn't care). It's not hard to rack up miles on a loaner - if I get one for a day or two while mine is in the shop, there might be a hundred or more miles I add before I give it back.
I just learned my dealer has maximum miles they want you not to exceed per day. The dealer is paid for miles due to the drop in value the loaner goes from the manufacturer, thus the manufacturer wants to keep this number below a certain point. Same with warranty claims which mechanics hate. It’s all a money game, like everything.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:32 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,852,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Here is the definition of a demo vehicle.

Definition of a Demo Car. Car dealerships use demo cars for test-drives when popular new models are in short supply, explains Chris Cutright, a former car salesman. Often, the dealership's managers also use demo cars for commuting. However, dealers do not register demo cars, so the vehicles are considered new.

So a demo is never titled or registered.
That's what I was saying. Same with a loaner, which is what my vehicle was.

So it had some scratches in the bed! Big deal! I asked for and received a bed liner so all is good. Got running boards put on as well, because one of the lot vehicles I wanted had them. And a couple grand off so basically a tad over 10 off sticker (25 or so %). I'm happy! Would buy one again like that.

I remember my brother got an F150 demo lariat that was loaded back in 04 for a very good price as well. It had close to 1000 miles. Big deal on a modern truck!

Old 09-27-2018, 03:14 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Ford warranty only goes to 36,000 miles, they do not extend for mileage on a demonstrator. The only thing that extends is the warranty end date, which is based upon the in-service date.
The in service date starts everything as far as warranty is concerned. Time or miles. So if you buy a demo that did not start it’s in service date the warranty period has not started.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:38 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
The in service date starts everything as far as warranty is concerned. Time or miles. So if you buy a demo that did not start it’s in service date the warranty period has not started.
This is incorrect in regards to Ford Motor Company and their warranty procedures. 36,000 is it. I have first-hand knowledge.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:16 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
This is incorrect in regards to Ford Motor Company and their warranty procedures. 36,000 is it. I have first-hand knowledge.
But if you buy a demo with 2,500 the warranty is for 38,500 miles because that’s when the truck went into service because it was sold as a new truck. And the paperwork has to reflect that they can’t sell you a nev vehicle and not give you the full warranty just because it is a demo and never sold to any other people.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:15 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
But if you buy a demo with 2,500 the warranty is for 38,500 miles because that’s when the truck went into service because it was sold as a new truck. And the paperwork has to reflect that they can’t sell you a nev vehicle and not give you the full warranty just because it is a demo and never sold to any other people.

This was the way back in my day and we were capped @ 5,800 miles on demo's
parts trucks were on the floor plan but registered to the dealer.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:25 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Maybe Ford. I never bought a new ford but I know out Sorento was bought with 5,000 miles and the bumper to bumper was in effect to the full 60/100 10 year from purchase date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive