Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 02:45 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Sorry, I have 2 Tesla's and have yet to pay for anything except tires and have never been stranded or had a significant failure.

Who said anything about 3k oil changes the poster said he changed oil 2x in 23,000 miles and I said I had done 0 in 40k miles. Equivalent mileage on a gas vehicle would have had about 5 or 6 at a cost of about $200.

My Tesla costs about the same to insure as my gas sedan that is a year older even though it was almost double the gas cars price. Many report Insurance going down with a Tesla because they are safer.

The Model 3 is nowhere close to a civic or else you have your head up your ass. That is like saying a Rolls Royce is a very expensive civic.
What the other poster said was it not a big deal to spend a couple bucks on oil changes once a year. They’re a negligible and infrequent cost.

The Model 3 is the size of a Civic but cost that of a far more versatile vehicle. It’s just an expensive commuter. What you’re paying for is range. That money sure didn’t go to the interior. Don’t kid yourself, a Tesla is more than Rolls Royce.

Tesla’s safety is a bit overstated. https://www.apnews.com/be561d432303431695f64b5c158dbf7c
I don’t know what you pay for insurance but it apparently isn’t the cheapest to insure. I can imagine why. Parts are rare and expensive, the car can catch fire days after an accident, and autopilot tends to lend a false sense of security resulting in crashes due to complacency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Look again, that is not correct and clearly beside the point, I don't know anyone who has incurred idle fees.

BTW Degradation is a warranty item.
It’s on Tesla’s website. I don’t know how you can refute this.

Read your warranty again. https://www.tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty
The Model S does not have an unlimited warranty and it does not guarantee your battery will not degrade.
The Model 3 allows 30% degradation before you get a new battery replacement in 120k miles or 8 years .

Old 05-22-2019, 09:50 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Takes a few seconds to Google, but I’ll point out a few Tesla Superchargers near you:
24061 Newhall Ranch Rd, Santa Clarita
899 Americana Way, Glendale
1 Rocket Rd, Hawthorne
811 South Fernando Blvd, Burbank
The closest of those places is a half hour drive. I can get gas at any corner in minutes.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:18 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
It’s on Tesla’s website. I don’t know how you can refute this.

Read your warranty again. https://www.tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty
The Model S does not have an unlimited warranty and it does not guarantee your battery will not degrade.
The Model 3 allows 30% degradation before you get a new battery replacement in 120k miles or 8 years .
From Tesla page you sited:

Quote:
Model S and Model X – 8 years (with the exception of the original 60 kWh battery manufactured before 2015, which is covered for a period of 8 years or 125,000 miles, whichever comes first).
Read it again - Model S and X - 8 Years unlimited - unless you have a 60 Kw from before 2015 (i.e 2014) so a few cars built 5 years or more ago have a limit. And there is a degradation warranty just not explicit.

And you agree that 3 has a degradation warranty.

Quit being a Troll

Old 05-22-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
From Tesla page you sited:

Read it again - Model S and X - 8 Years unlimited - unless you have a 60 Kw from before 2015 (i.e 2014) so a few cars built 5 years or more ago have a limit. And there is a degradation warranty just not explicit.

And you agree that 3 has a degradation warranty.

Quit being a Troll
First off newb, you apparently don’t know what a troll is.

The Tesla with 400k miles is not a Model 3.
And you have to degrade a Model 3 by 30% before you get a new battery under warranty...Damn.

Care to cite what your non explicit warranty covers?

Old 05-22-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
What the other poster said was it not a big deal to spend a couple bucks on oil changes once a year. They’re a negligible and infrequent cost.

The Model 3 is the size of a Civic but cost that of a far more versatile vehicle. It’s just an expensive commuter. What you’re paying for is range. That money sure didn’t go to the interior. Don’t kid yourself, a Tesla is more than Rolls Royce.
The whole point of this post originally was that they were testing more civic type EVs that are primarily commuters and seeing if could support Long Distance Travel and what I was getting to was they excluded the EV that was designed and supported for Long trips that was similar cost but more capable.

The other point was The Rolls is the same size, doesn't make it the same car and show me a civic that can do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds. Most car mags compare the Model 3 to BMW 3 and Audi 4 types which it normally comes out on top, the civic is different type of car just as a Rolls is.

You guys are arguing about oil changes using false info, not me, I was just pointing out that the cost is higher than was stated and that mine has more miles with no maintenance. It is not just oil changes, it is all the other costs of regular maintaining an ICE vehicle that are higher. It may be negligible but it still exists.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
First off newb, you apparently don’t know what a troll is.

The Tesla with 400k miles is not a Model 3.
And you have to degrade a Model 3 by 30% before you get a new battery under warranty...Damn.

Care to cite what your non explicit warranty covers?
I never said that or even implied that Model 3 had 400k.

The cited was warranty, much of what was said was wrong. A troll is person looking to argue, I probably should not have used but you seem to ignore a lot of what is said to make your point and ignore when it is refuted. Also, I might be a newb here but not other places.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:27 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The closest of those places is a half hour drive. I can get gas at any corner in minutes.
The superchargers are typically only used for long distance travel. I “fill up” by connecting my car to an outlet in my garage and I just plug it in and let it charge overnight, so zero waiting....guess I have you beat there

And as I’ve stated, I own both EV and a regular car. I’m not interested in fanboy wars. Each has it’s pros and cons. Based on what I’ve read on here 90% of the concerns raised about EVs and Teslas in particular are unfounded. Overall they are really good cars.

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 05-22-2019 at 11:36 AM..

Old 05-22-2019, 11:41 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
I never said that or even implied that Model 3 had 400k.

The cited was warranty, much of what was said was wrong. A troll is person looking to argue, I probably should not have used but you seem to ignore a lot of what is said to make your point and ignore when it is refuted. Also, I might be a newb here but not other places.
Ziggy isn’t interested in the truth. He is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Based on his activity on this message board I would consider the label “troll” to be accurate.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Ziggy isn’t interested in the truth. He is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Based on his activity on this message board I would consider the label “troll” to be accurate.
You have no room to talk about denial of the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive