Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 07:57 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Israel, Afghanistan and big supporters of terrorism in various European countries like GB, Netherlands, Germany and France, and in the US, not to mention piracy on the high seas....Any other questions to fill in your information deficits?
saying that all these countries are "big supporters of terrorism" is just what the US government likes to tell us because amazingly people just buy it unquestioningly. do you have actual examples of terrorism that these countries are responsible for? are you aware of the fact that their "support for terrorism" pales in comparison to the support the US gives to terrorism? your country is absolutely the worst when it comes to arming, funding and supporting terrorist groups in addition to actually committing acts of terrorism itself.

so instead of saying "these countries support terrorism" how about a few examples of this supposed terrorism. good luck.

ill mention something that was funny that i saw on facebook this morning. a friend posted an article about a female kurdish politician that was executed by "Turkish backed group" in northern syria. the funny thing is (which of course Americanists conveniently dont notice) is that this "Turkish backed group" is the free syrian army which is the exact group that the US has been arming, funding and supporting to fight the Assad regime. so now, they are "terrorists" it seems but very recently they were groups that the US government was directly supporting. i guess they are only terrorists when other countries support them, when the US supports them they are freedom fighters.

and btw, some of you may have noticed that the media generally refers to these fighters as "Turkish backed forces" and not by the name of their group. i wonder why. maybe because they are protecting the US government's evil actions. enough people would probably realize that the "Free Syrian Army" is the group that the US has been supporting for about the last 8 years and probably say "WTF." so instead they just refer to them as "Turkish backed forces."

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 10-18-2019 at 08:32 AM..

Old 10-18-2019, 12:52 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,954,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
saying that all these countries are "big supporters of terrorism" is just what the US government likes to tell us because amazingly people just buy it unquestioningly. do you have actual examples of terrorism that these countries are responsible for? are you aware of the fact that their "support for terrorism" pales in comparison to the support the US gives to terrorism? your country is absolutely the worst when it comes to arming, funding and supporting terrorist groups in addition to actually committing acts of terrorism itself.

so instead of saying "these countries support terrorism" how about a few examples of this supposed terrorism. good luck.

ill mention something that was funny that i saw on facebook this morning. a friend posted an article about a female kurdish politician that was executed by "Turkish backed group" in northern syria. the funny thing is (which of course Americanists conveniently dont notice) is that this "Turkish backed group" is the free syrian army which is the exact group that the US has been arming, funding and supporting to fight the Assad regime. so now, they are "terrorists" it seems but very recently they were groups that the US government was directly supporting. i guess they are only terrorists when other countries support them, when the US supports them they are freedom fighters.

and btw, some of you may have noticed that the media generally refers to these fighters as "Turkish backed forces" and not by the name of their group. i wonder why. maybe because they are protecting the US government's evil actions. enough people would probably realize that the "Free Syrian Army" is the group that the US has been supporting for about the last 8 years and probably say "WTF." so instead they just refer to them as "Turkish backed forces."
Not that this has anything to do with cars, but I’ve long thought we were backing the wrong horse in Syria. The Russians and SAA seemed to have done most of the grunt work in killing off ISIS.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:11 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Not that this has anything to do with cars, but I’ve long thought we were backing the wrong horse in Syria. The Russians and SAA seemed to have done most of the grunt work in killing off ISIS.
look at you, agreeing with me. i knew this from the beginning and so did the US government. assad was always going to win this war. the US government knew that but they wanted to get involved in another war so they intentionally created a situation which could likely require a US invasion. they didnt get it but they did get over 500,000 dead people who didnt need to die.

ISIL was also never as much of an issue as they were made out to be. for one thing, they were a key group that the US armed, funded and supported to fight the Assad regime. in iraq, ISIL was only really successful in overtaking sunni terrotory and that is because sunnis are sympathetic to them (they are just a local sunni militia group at the end of the day). they never had the ability to take over the shiite territory in southern iraq, they wouldnt have been able to finish off the assad regime and take the shiite west in syria. if they did get too successful, ultimately iran would have ended them because iran is shiite. so they never had any chance of getting much out of sunni territory in central and northern iraq and eastern syria.

everything i am saying is stuff most americans didnt bother learning but i assure you the US government knew full well. they intentionally created these situations of mass death in the hopes that they can get another large scale war. the US government is by far the greatest evil on earth today.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:39 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,757,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post
I'm sorry but you lost credibility with me when you started the thread about resale values for ICE cars then disappeared when you were challenged about your opinion on the timeframe.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:55 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
That’s because you can’t find anything.

Prove those reports are false. Was there a conspiracy all around the world of people lighting their Tesla’s on fire?
You didn’t provide data. You provided statistics that reinforced what you wanted to hear, then you put your head back in the sand. I simply rephrased those reports to get you to take a more accurate look and you failed.

I understand if you want to bow out again as you usually do. I know when you throw your hands up and yell “troll”, it’s because you can’t defend your position and don’t know what else to say.
i would think that if there is an argument that the ICE camp will eventually lose very big on it is fires. Just inherent in the two technologies. For anyone driving around with 15 or 20 gallons of gasoline to suggest a vehicle with a big pile of batteries is less fire safe is ludicrous. There may well be fires in the development of the EV but as it matures they will become vanishingly small. In fact the best sounding of the new battery technology will not burn at all. Here is a piece from Business Insider...

https://www.businessinsider.com/17-c...the-us-2013-11

Old 10-18-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
i would think that if there is an argument that the ICE camp will eventually lose very big on it is fires. Just inherent in the two technologies. For anyone driving around with 15 or 20 gallons of gasoline to suggest a vehicle with a big pile of batteries is less fire safe is ludicrous. There may well be fires in the development of the EV but as it matures they will become vanishingly small. In fact the best sounding of the new battery technology will not burn at all. Here is a piece from Business Insider...

https://www.businessinsider.com/17-c...the-us-2013-11
It’s not quite that simple. With fuels, the fire triangle applies. We know what causes them, how to put them out and how to mitigate them. They’re very predictable. Recalls are performed because any design flaws are easily rectified.
With lithium things get a bit more complicated. In a rush to build very dense batteries, sometimes at the molecular level an anode ends up too close to a cathode and a small but indetectable thermal runaway starts and gradually but exponentially gets worse over time. It start fires months of years later. An accident can happen and a fire breaks out month later. You can drive the car and park it in your garage and now your house is on fire. Fires are difficult to put out. Nothing is safe until the battery pack is completely destroyed.

Boeing learned this on the 787. Batteries caught fire for no reason. The cause was never fully determined but the batteries are now in a steel box with insulation around it. The wings are full of tens of thousands of pounds of fuel, but the batteries no bigger than a carry on suitcase have to be in a steel case before the FAA will even let them stay on the plane.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:26 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
It’s not quite that simple. With fuels, the fire triangle applies. We know what causes them, how to put them out and how to mitigate them. They’re very predictable. Recalls are performed because any design flaws are easily rectified.
With lithium things get a bit more complicated. In a rush to build very dense batteries, sometimes at the molecular level an anode ends up too close to a cathode and a small but indetectable thermal runaway starts and gradually but exponentially gets worse over time. It start fires months of years later. An accident can happen and a fire breaks out month later. You can drive the car and park it in your garage and now your house is on fire. Fires are difficult to put out. Nothing is safe until the battery pack is completely destroyed.

Boeing learned this on the 787. Batteries caught fire for no reason. The cause was never fully determined but the batteries are now in a steel box with insulation around it. The wings are full of tens of thousands of pounds of fuel, but the batteries no bigger than a carry on suitcase have to be in a steel case before the FAA will even let them stay on the plane.
Read the BI article. 17 fires every hour of every day. That is the ICE standard. At least 3 or 4 times the rate of Tesla. And Tesla is not very good yet.

You are in over your head. There are technology solutions coming which simply involve lithium ion batteries that are not flammable. And even the present technology can be packaged so a battery fire is a non problem. Compare this with a 20 gallon tank of gasoline in a vehicle that hits a solid object with a differential speed of 70 mph or more.

There may be a minor fire problem for a while as all this shakes out. But in the end game the EV will not have a fire problem. And that will be one of the reasons for getting rid of ICE vehicles. Why deal with system that love to burn when you do not need to?

Old 10-18-2019, 09:44 PM

1,740 posts, read 1,270,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
I'm sorry but you lost credibility with me when you started the thread about resale values for ICE cars then disappeared when you were challenged about your opinion on the timeframe.
Pretty sure I responded multiple times...

//www.city-data.com/forum/autom...values-10.html

Old 10-19-2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Read the BI article. 17 fires every hour of every day. That is the ICE standard. At least 3 or 4 times the rate of Tesla. And Tesla is not very good yet.

You are in over your head. There are technology solutions coming which simply involve lithium ion batteries that are not flammable. And even the present technology can be packaged so a battery fire is a non problem. Compare this with a 20 gallon tank of gasoline in a vehicle that hits a solid object with a differential speed of 70 mph or more.

There may be a minor fire problem for a while as all this shakes out. But in the end game the EV will not have a fire problem. And that will be one of the reasons for getting rid of ICE vehicles. Why deal with system that love to burn when you do not need to?
How am I possibly in over my head? A car catching fire because some drunk teenager drove it into a tree is equal to a parked electric car catching fire that otherwise had nothing wrong with it?

I’ll give you the same assignment I gave ddeemo. Name 3 late model ICE cars that caught fire while parked within the last 7 years. They can’t be older than 2012 and have to be the same model. Bonus if a recall was never performed.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:04 AM

44,370 posts, read 20,073,157 times
Hijacking, bickering, baiting and personal attacks are all infractible offenses. This thread is closed for cleanup. IF I find the time to read nearly 300 posts and clean up the entire thread, it will be reopened. Don't hold your breath.

ETA: I've just deleted about a dozen inappropriate posts. At this point, I feel the thread has run its course and is not worth salvaging. It will remain closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-19-2019 at 09:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive