Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 04:21 PM

8,242 posts, read 13,360,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHaze1100 View Post
Philly is definately a mixture of Baltimore and New York all in one.

New York screwed Philly and had a bastard child name Baltimore......

If sports radio is a barometer of the essence of a City.. Philadelphians hate Baltimore simply because they are so similar and Philadelphians love to hate somebody or something and thus look down on Baltimore because they feel whatever we have they have more of it because its a larger city with a similiar past/history.. both the good and the bad....Its like they feel Baltimore is an imitation Philly and detest us for it.. I have relatives in Philly and I get hazed everytime I go up there.. and I just LIVE in Baltimore not from here...... I wish the Ravens were in the NFC East instead of the Cowboys.. we could have some nice east coast rivalries.. though riots and street fights would breakout in the Gameday Warehouse, Pickles, Mother's, Max's etc and along Pratt Street when the Eagles come to town...Ravens fans are pretty easy going but can only take some much sheet talking an Eagles fans are relentless...I once saw an Eagles fan get into a brawl in a bar in Charlotte with PANTHER fans... The most genteel fans on the east coast.. he was drunk and outnumbered 10 to 1 .. but no that didnt stop him...I repeat an Eagle FANah (1) vs PANTHER FANZZZ (about 12)....I guess they love a challenge.

All we need to do to really **** them off is to get a Rocky(Stallone) type movie icon based on a native baltimorean and play the theme song before ravens games.....

Last edited by Woodlands; 12-19-2014 at 04:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 07:02 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
New York screwed Philly and had a bastard child name Baltimore......

If sports radio is a barometer of the essence of a City.. Philadelphians hate Baltimore simply because they are so similar and Philadelphians love to hate somebody or something and thus look down on Baltimore because they feel whatever we have they have more of it because its a larger city with a similiar past/history.. both the good and the bad....Its like they feel Baltimore is an imitation Philly and detest us for it.. I have relatives in Philly and I get hazed everytime I go up there.. and I just LIVE in Baltimore not from here...... I wish the Ravens were in the NFC East instead of the Cowboys.. we could have some nice east coast rivalries.. though riots and street fights would breakout in the Gameday Warehouse, Pickles, Mother's, Max's etc and along Pratt Street when the Eagles come to town...Ravens fans are pretty easy going but can only take some much sheet talking an Eagles fans are relentless...I once saw an Eagles fan get into a brawl in a bar in Charlotte with PANTHER fans... The most genteel fans on the east coast.. he was drunk and outnumbered 10 to 1 .. but no that didnt stop him...I repeat an Eagle FANah (1) vs PANTHER FANZZZ (about 12)....I guess they love a challenge.

All we need to do to really **** them off is to get a Rocky(Stallone) type movie icon based on a native baltimorean and play the theme song before ravens games.....
When it comes to MLB, the Orioles have traditionally been the Phillies main interleague rival. Of course that rivalry cooled down when the Nationals moved to Washington DC. When it comes to the NFL, it would be interesting if the Ravens were relocated to the NFC East division. I could definitely see a great rivalry between the Ravens and Eagles.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:17 PM

673 posts, read 1,187,665 times
Baltimore is a smaller Philly, and Wilmington is a Smaller Baltimore

Old 12-21-2014, 05:04 PM

675 posts, read 723,948 times
Underrated no ! Crime ridden yes !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore