Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:55 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
It's not out of the realm of possibility. They will have a lot of cap space next year anyway and since Walton's contract expires next year, they can easily buy it out in the off-season.
the lakers do not have cap room next season. compared to this year, yeah they have a lot less salary BUT they are still over the cap and only slightly under the tax BUT they also only have 8 guys under contract if all options are picked up.

next year they are at 67.6 mil and the year after they are at 61.466 mil but only have 4 guys under contract. waltons contract doesnt come off until after next season, and it is only 6.1 mil so its not clearing up a ton of space anyway.
on top of that, after next season bynum is going to look to grow his 16+mil contract so the lakers are going to be paying him 20+ on top of that 61 mil. this salaries list also doesnt shot mcroberts salary which is about 3 mil per season thus putting the lakers at 70 mil next season (he isnt signed past next season).in addition, i dont see the lakers buying him out, if they where going to do anything they would have amnestied him this year.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Los Angeles Lakers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
I'm curious what people around the country think about some of the Wizards players. A report came out that we would trade anyone except Wall as long as someone is willing to take Andray Blatche. I'm just curious as to what you all think about Blatche and JaVale McGee? How would you all feel if your team decided to trade for one of them?
my spurs dont want anything to do with blatch and if mcgee didnt come with his mom he would be a nice pick up but since she comes with him, i dont want him.

to be honest i think he would fit well in what the spurs do with some coaching but blatch is to much to take on to get mcgee.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:02 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,139,943 times
It would be rough to drop Gasol after losing Odom despite his lackluster performance thus far this year. Really though the Lakers will be fine as they'll either trade for a much needed PG improvement and probably let Fisher be back up till he retires or they get Howard and surely would trade Bynum off for a PG. Although moving Bynum down to Gasol's slot with Howard would be fun.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:03 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
the lakers do not have cap room next season. compared to this year, yeah they have a lot less salary BUT they are still over the cap and only slightly under the tax BUT they also only have 8 guys under contract if all options are picked up.

next year they are at 67.6 mil and the year after they are at 61.466 mil but only have 4 guys under contract. waltons contract doesnt come off until after next season, and it is only 6.1 mil so its not clearing up a ton of space anyway.
on top of that, after next season bynum is going to look to grow his 16+mil contract so the lakers are going to be paying him 20+ on top of that 61 mil. this salaries list also doesnt shot mcroberts salary which is about 3 mil per season thus putting the lakers at 70 mil next season (he isnt signed past next season).in addition, i dont see the lakers buying him out, if they where going to do anything they would have amnestied him this year.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Los Angeles Lakers
I was referring to the Cavaliers, not the Lakers.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
It would be rough to drop Gasol after losing Odom despite his lackluster performance thus far this year. Really though the Lakers will be fine as they'll either trade for a much needed PG improvement and probably let Fisher be back up till he retires or they get Howard and surely would trade Bynum off for a PG. Although moving Bynum down to Gasol's slot with Howard would be fun.
1. Gasol is playing at pretty much the same level as last year, not sure the logic about *lack luster*.

2. I heard the Lakers were getting Dwight, Lebron and Derrik Rose. Dream big if you are going to dream. Just sayin'.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Well since the trade deadline is the same day as the first day of the Tournament, if any team makes a trade it better be a HUGE TRADE because if not it will get overshadowed by the NCAA.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM

Looks like Howard isn't interested in going to the bulls.

Quote:
. The Magic would be willing to trade Dwight Howard to Chicago in exchange for Omer Asik, Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer and a valuable first-round pick from Charlotte, according to a report.

Chicago will not move forward with the trade scenario without assurances that Howard will sign a long-term deal with the Bulls, which he’s given no indication he’ll do.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

Read more: Report Howard Preventing Trade To Bulls - RealGM Wiretap

Old 03-12-2012, 12:25 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Augh, that sucks. I wasn't all for gutting the team to get him, but if you can get rid of boozer AND keep Noah/Taj in the deal, I thought it would be best case scenario. The fact that is on the table and DH's refulsal to sign here being the thing that holds it up stings a little more then just not getting him.

Id trade Boozer and Asik straight up for him even without a long term deal in place Not Lu though.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:43 PM

It seems a bit much for Howard IMO. Yes he is the best big by far but deng is the whole perimeter defense. That 1st rounder is a nice piece to have also. I assume it's a #1 or top 5 protected pick but even at #6 that's nice.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Augh, that sucks. I wasn't all for gutting the team to get him, but if you can get rid of boozer AND keep Noah/Taj in the deal, I thought it would be best case scenario. The fact that is on the table and DH's refulsal to sign here being the thing that holds it up stings a little more then just not getting him.

Id trade Boozer and Asik straight up for him even without a long term deal in place Not Lu though.
I know a lot of Bulls Fans are so fed up with Boozer due to his inconsistency and would be happy to see him go for a more productive and consistent player on the offensive end of the floor. But I think getting Howard would make up for the loss of Boozer and Noah and would be a good trade for the Bulls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball