Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 03:31 PM

9,788 posts, read 7,509,813 times

Advertisements

And I see the Hawks won in Portland last night! Maybe we should officially start to take them seriously??

Today: Cleveland loses again....this time to Dallas and they are now officially closer to OUT of the playoffs (6 games up on 9th place Indiana) than first place (6.5 back of the Hawks). Still a lot of game and lots of season left to play, but both the Hawks & Cavs are going in completely different directions this year than I thought they would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 07:45 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,006,245 times
FBJ,

what were you saying about the Hawks again?

Old 01-04-2015, 10:09 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,096,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
FBJ,

what were you saying about the Hawks again?
I gave them credit last night and came here and posted after the game

Old 01-05-2015, 05:53 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,489,370 times
Any takers on the Pistons making the playoffs?

Old 01-05-2015, 06:35 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,006,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I am starting to believe it especially with how poorly Miami is playing. I want to see how long they sustain their play, but it's looking like getting rid of Josh Smith was addition by subtraction like Toronto did last year with Rudy Gay.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
You have Toronto, Washington, Atlanta & Chicago as stone cold locks. No matter what happens the rest of the way, those 4 teams will definitely be in the playoff field, most likely the top 4 in some order but at the least (Atlanta's most likely to drop probably) no worse than 5th/6th.
Then we have Cleveland who's about as close of a lock as possible without actually being a lock. I'll give them a couple more weeks before I add them into the "lock" category. Remember, they now are as close to out of the playoffs as they are to the #1 in the East (6.5 behind Atlanta for first, and 6.5 in front of Indy for 9th). So that's 5 of the 8 playoff teams right there. Then we subtract 2 teams (the Knicks and Sixers) who will likely both be officially eliminated by the All Star Break, but both teams are already pretty much eliminated. So, that should leave us with 8 teams: Miami, Brooklyn, Miami, Indy, Boston, Orlando, Charlotte, & Detroit battling it for the last 3 spots to become fodder for one of the top 3. As of now I'd say Brooklyn is looking pretty good for one of those 3, so realistically you have 7 teams for 2 spots, and realistically any of those 7 could take it. If it was a bet between the Pistons vs. the field I'd definitely take the field because I have more options, but if it's between either Detroit or Miami or Detroit vs. Charlotte I'd probably take the Pistons on that bet.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:48 PM
FBJ

Can't believe the Pistons are 5-0 since getting rid of Josh Smith and now only 5 games behind Miami for the last spot in the playoffs

Old 01-05-2015, 08:27 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,105,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Can't believe the Pistons are 5-0 since getting rid of Josh Smith and now only 5 games behind Miami for the last spot in the playoffs
Houston is 2-5 since acquiring Smith too, lol

Old 01-05-2015, 08:43 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Houston is 2-5 since acquiring Smith too, lol

Smith about to be out of the league

Old 01-05-2015, 10:43 PM

Interesting developments tonight:

First of all, the Cavs implosion continues as the Sixers (the Sixers!!!!!!!!!!!) beat them for Philly's first home win of the season!!!!!!!!!!! The Sixers previous 4 wins all came away from home.
Second of all, the Cavs finally got rid of Waiters but acquired J.R. "brick-layer" Smith in return (also got Iman Shumpert; Waiters went to OKC and a bunch of expirings are going to the Knicks as Phil has finally raised the white flag), so I'm not sure they actually got better in regards to Waiters vs. Smith. The one redeeming quality Waiters had over Smith was at least he came cheap. Shumpert will be a nice addition off the bench as he can give them defense on the wing and the permiter, but I have a feeling Smith will cause more headaches than usefulness.
I feel sorry for any Knicks fan that paid top dollar for tickets between now and April 15. They'll basically be seeing the Westchester Knicks (the Knicks new NBDL team) for NBA prices, Carmelo laughing all the way to bank as he shoots 5-35 every game (and will shoot enough bricks that he can actually build a new MSG with all of them) until the All Star game when he calls it quits....and then laughs it up on the bench when the team loses for the 40th time in 43 games and finished 10-72 this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball