Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2015, 10:11 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,992,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I was definitely expecting more from him but the whole fitting together\meshing thing is a work in progress.

So far, I'm wrong though.

I remember Bosh's numbers tanking when they all got together in Miami.
It's too much that has to be meshed. At least when he went to Miami, they had an established system that really him and Bosh had to adjust to. Now, you are talking about a new offense that the whole team has to learn, new players, not to mention your key players have to all adjust their games to one another. It's just a lot tougher. And the thing is, the Princeton offense is predicated on ball movement. Teams that do not have good chemistry struggle with it in the long run because it focuses on taking a lot of jumpers. They really aren't taking advantage of Love's post game, which I think is a bigger advantage for him than his jumper. It's a mess, but I don't see them winning a championship with that core. They would have to give up more of their depth to get someone to sure up their defense, but at this point their bench is already bad, so at what cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 11:51 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
I see Rondo put on a show in Boston with 29 pts which is always the norm for any professional athlete going back to play their former team in their house.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:03 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,481,580 times
Hawks are now officially in first........................................by themselves...............................in the Eastern Conference after the Hawks held on to win @ Utah and the Raptors got smoked in Oakland by the Warriors. I doubt it lasts much longer: they are in Portland Saturday, Monday in LA vs. the Clippers and than next Wednesday at home vs. the Grizz while the Raps are in Phoenix on Sunday night and then have a couple days off before playing the Hornets on Thursday.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:25 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,484,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Looks like Josh Smith may have been the problem since they are 4-0 after his exit. I never thought he was star material since he is only able to score on the fast break and no jumpshot at all. His offensive style is not suited for organized basketball.
Josh Smith the Pistons' poor-man Carmelo Anthony!! And you're right about his offensive game, or any of his game fro that matter, being suited for organized basketball.

Houston has him on a short leash; was pulled from game in third quarter and benched entire rest of game for making another bone-headed play. Good luck Houston!

Old 01-03-2015, 01:39 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Josh Smith the Pistons' poor-man Carmelo Anthony!! And you're right about his offensive game, or any of his game fro that matter, being suited for organized basketball.

Houston has him on a short leash; was pulled from game in third quarter and benched entire rest of game for making another bone-headed play. Good luck Houston!
He looks very close to being out of the league in 2 years

Old 01-04-2015, 12:23 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Hawks are now officially in first........................................by themselves...............................in the Eastern Conference after the Hawks held on to win @ Utah and the Raptors got smoked in Oakland by the Warriors. I doubt it lasts much longer: they are in Portland Saturday, Monday in LA vs. the Clippers and than next Wednesday at home vs. the Grizz while the Raps are in Phoenix on Sunday night and then have a couple days off before playing the Hornets on Thursday.
Well the hawks went to Portland tonight and won so maybe they are to be taken seriously

Old 01-04-2015, 12:24 AM
FBJ

Melo is about to shut it down for the rest of the season?

Carmelo Anthony could shut it down for season due to knee, Derek Fisher says - ESPN New York

Old 01-04-2015, 08:04 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,997 times
Anthony is a gutless stiff just cashing his check in every two weeks. Dude has no class.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:11 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,042,856 times
Hey Melo how about you throw me a couple grand if your gonna sit out the rest of the season, i have you in multiple fantasy leagues

Old 01-04-2015, 03:27 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,481,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
With the All Star game I would think he would play until the game THAN shut it down afterwards. That seems to be the kinda guy he is: only cares about himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball