Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2019, 04:30 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times

Advertisements

Anyone doing All-Star voting this year? I know it's fluff, but we have a variety of players doing well this season so I thought I'd share:

West: AD/Durant/George/Curry/Lilliard
East: Walker/Simmons/Giannis/Embiid/Leonard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 11:12 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
A thrilling game between Houston and GS tonite.

TMH, too much Harden, the MVP!

Take that Dubs.

Old 01-03-2019, 11:17 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
Oh my!! Harden with the go ahead dagger!

Old 01-03-2019, 11:22 PM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
And definitely should have been a 4-point-play.
Refs did their best to save Golden State, also previous possession Durant had both feet out of bounds and the ref was standing in the perfect position to see
Harden must win the MVP again, only injury can take him down.
Houston-Golden State is like the late80s/early90s Bulls-Pistons, Houston fighting like crazy to narrow the gap and will probably surpass Golden State eventually.

Old 01-03-2019, 11:36 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Probably the biggest win of Harden's career.

Glad they won after the refs missed Durant out of bounds.

Capella with 29p, 21r...

Old 01-04-2019, 01:30 AM

5,828 posts, read 5,635,141 times
I gotta say, I'm a Houston hater, but I hate the Warriors most, so I'm a fan of anyone they play. Go Rockets!

That game catapulted Harden to the top of the MVP list, at this point it's his to lose...

Old 01-04-2019, 12:46 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
And definitely should have been a 4-point-play.
Refs did their best to save Golden State, also previous possession Durant had both feet out of bounds and the ref was standing in the perfect position to see
Harden must win the MVP again, only injury can take him down.
Houston-Golden State is like the late80s/early90s Bulls-Pistons, Houston fighting like crazy to narrow the gap and will probably surpass Golden State eventually.

A lot to enjoy watching that game. If Houston gets to a top 2 seed and Harden keeps up production in this vicinity, then yes--he is MVP this year.

Houston's defense is bad, and that was evident most of the night. The Warriors didn't play very well and they still should have won. I'm not seeing Houston anywhere near GS. The gap has grown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Probably the biggest win of Harden's career.

Glad they won after the refs missed Durant out of bounds.

Capella with 29p, 21r...

Exciting game, but Harden's biggest win is definitely not in January. Capela was really good on the offensive end, but uncharacteristically poor on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I gotta say, I'm a Houston hater, but I hate the Warriors most, so I'm a fan of anyone they play. Go Rockets!

That game catapulted Harden to the top of the MVP list, at this point it's his to lose...

Haven't we learned not to give MVPs to players that aren't on the winningest teams? An MVP bounced out of the 1st round is an embarrassment. Let's see the Rockets prove they are in the West's top 2, first.

Old 01-04-2019, 01:51 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
A lot to enjoy watching that game. If Houston gets to a top 2 seed and Harden keeps up production in this vicinity, then yes--he is MVP this year.

Houston's defense is bad, and that was evident most of the night. The Warriors didn't play very well and they still should have won. I'm not seeing Houston anywhere near GS. The gap has grown.

Exciting game, but Harden's biggest win is definitely not in January. Capela was really good on the offensive end, but uncharacteristically poor on defense.
Rockets are 2-0 against GSW this year (with one win without Paul and Gordon) and you say the gap has grown...

Give me a bigger win where HE played a major factor.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:15 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Rockets are 2-0 against GSW this year (with one win without Paul and Gordon) and you say the gap has grown...

Give me a bigger win where HE played a major factor.

I do say the gap has grown. Houston was an elite defensive team last year. They have been a bad defensive team this year and you would expect them to be bad with the personnel changes. The Rockets are not the Warriors: they can't turn on the defense when they are ready. They have a lot of poor defenders, plus Capela and Tucker. The Warriors made them pay in the first half, even though the Warriors weren't playing terribly well then, either. In the playoffs, that kind of defense will not get Houston to the WCF.

Harden's biggest games, imo, have been in the 14-15 playoffs, and the 17-18 playoffs. Plenty of those games were much bigger wins than this January game.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Despite my clawed-ball tattoo, I was happy to see DeMar DeRozan have such a terrific game in the Spurs' thrashing of the Raptors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball