Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:13 PM

60 posts, read 164,092 times
That was about all I was concerned with If anyone else has an informed opinion about the area, that is appreciated.

Annie_himself, you did relieve a bit of my fears with your comment about your aunt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 08:48 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPuppy View Post
That was about all I was concerned with If anyone else has an informed opinion about the area, that is appreciated.

Annie_himself, you did relieve a bit of my fears with your comment about your aunt
I've spent alot of time there. Quiet and well kept.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:07 PM

305 posts, read 750,246 times
I think the area is probably ok- never can tell what will or won't happen. My only concern about long-term investment would be that the architecture in that area is bland, boring, and hasn't/won't age well.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3dw View Post
I think the area is probably ok- never can tell what will or won't happen. My only concern about long-term investment would be that the architecture in that area is bland, boring, and hasn't/won't age well.
The senators(?) house on Sheraton and Ashbourne sure has aged well.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:47 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,686,652 times
Good area. Not as good as it once was, but white flight isn't as much of a problem it was in past decades. I expect to see reinvestment in the area, as has been seen in Broadmore and Melrose.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 AM

423 posts, read 1,248,263 times
It has always been amazing to me how strong the Florida Avenue divide is in BR. The south side of Florida has a few rough neighborhoods and things are hit-or-miss north of Government Street until around Foster Drive, but all in all is prosperous and growing. And the older neighborhoods are usually on the upswing. The only stable neighborhood north of Florida that comes to mind is Spanish Town, at least until you get all the way up to Baker or Zachary.

When I was last there, Broadmoor looked like a wonderful neighborhood at the intersection of Airline Hwy and Florida Blvd: great older tree cover, well maintained yards and homes. And just a quarter mile to the north, you're in some pretty rough areas, as well as one struggling strip mall after another. And what's the scoop on Cortana these days? Over 50% vacant? Yet I would suspect that Broadmoor will continue to do just fine, since everything to the south is stable, and that's where those middle/upper-middle income folks would choose to shop.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:33 AM

Well I have been living in Sherwood Forest for a month now and I gotta say it's a lovely neighborhood with lovely neighbors and I love my location!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:57 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,686,652 times
Fantastic news Ash! Hopefully your glowing review will go a little ways to ease people's irrational anxiety of Sherwood Forest.

You heard it from the horse's mouth, folks. Sherwood Forest = lovely neighborhood with lovely neighbors

Old 10-24-2012, 12:29 PM

I'm really happy with how well most of the homeowners keep their property even though there's no HOA to enforce any guidelines. I walk my dogs almost every day and there are lots of elderly folks so it's really quiet, but then I see some little kids and parents walking their babies in strollers too. Aw man the longer I live here the more I like it

Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 PM

I told you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge