Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 09:22 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyva View Post
And..... just to clarify. I don't get upset because people don't answer my questions the way I want them to. People completely dodge the question and focus on something completely different and that does get on my nerves.
First rule of Internet: Don't take it personally. People do what they're going to do. Your participation is not even required.

Another interpretation of what you observed, at least equally valid, is that people don't directly answer your questions when they don't know the answers. In this case, since apparently nobody here lives in Hawaiian Acres, that would be quite a plausible reason.

Then they contribute something else than what you asked about? Relevant... irrelevant... totally random... whatever! So? Take what resonates for you, leave the rest. When in doubt, refer back to the First Rule. That's just the way it works.

Quote:
It's because I disagree about having to set foot on the property before buying it you have wrote me off and everything I now ask is overshadowed by that fact no matter what it is.
Actually, there's more to it than that.

Quote:
I also don't care about the minor things (to me) that some here perceive as HUGE THINGS!!!! frogs and albiza being those. I'm sorry if I don't tuck my tail between my legs and run when I hear about them. That bothers you, because you think I should be concerned, but you are not me lol...
So? If that's how you feel, don't let it bother you that it bothers others.

Quote:
So please consider what was said to me, I didn't agree and now some are throwing a hissy, others are getting in on some mob mentality, others want to add snide and rude comments, and some are just being childish. I'd say I've been pretty mellow wallowing through all that crap.
Notice what happened when you started making personal comments about others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
ok here we go, I would like to address this since your trying to deface me as a poor no job loser.
Quote:
he tried to move to Eugene, Oregon but nobody would rent to him because he had no job
Quote:
the problem were having is no one wants to rent to us as we will be unemployed upon arrival.
Where's the "deface?" All I did was repeat what you said.

Here's my suggestion... treat the posters here with respect and appreciation if you wanted to be treated with respect in return.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 PM

113 posts, read 396,982 times
Quote:
Where's the "deface?" All I did was repeat what you said.

Are you serious? you think people don't see your intent?

wow...

Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 PM

ahhhh!!!! there it is.

Quote:
treat the posters here with respect and appreciation if you wanted to be treated with respect in return.
You feel as though I don't appreciate your advice you have given me. There it is....

sorry, your just going to have to accept that and move on.

Remember:
Quote:
First rule of Internet: Don't take it personally

Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,811,612 times
Quote:
...but I knew my question would be avoided and the thread would be filled with garbage...
It is small statements like that which lead some of us to get the impression that if we've offered up something in addition to the stated topic, that our posts will be regarded as "garbage". Here in the C-D Hawaii forum, it is often that certain themes/opinions are repeated or brought up, since many readers are new and so the information is fresh to them. Most of us do want to help.

Just saying.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCity View Post
It is small statements like that which lead some of us to get the impression that if we've offered up something in addition to the stated topic, that our posts will be regarded as "garbage". Here in the C-D Hawaii forum, it is often that certain themes/opinions are repeated or brought up, since many readers are new and so the information is fresh to them. Most of us do want to help
Yes, exactly.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:11 AM

ohhhhhh ok but this is completely acceptable, from post 7

Quote:
But, wow, in only a day you've gone from having a question about a property, to making an offer on it, to having the offer accepted, all without ever seeing it... I'm not sure anything any of us post here is going to have that much influence on what you decide to do.

But hey, maybe you would be interested in some property down in Kalapana that's for sale cheap... and it's almost cool enough to walk on already !
You took the first stab at me and I've done nothing but defend myself, you imply I've made such a foolish decision I might as well buy flowing lava. That's the crap I call GARBAGE, not the advice that was given previously. I was cordial with you until you took the first stab, am I supposed to just lay down and appreciate that? I don't think so. Anyone reading this thread from start to finish will see I retaliated over and over again but I never insulted anyone over their beliefs, opinions or decisions up front. And I surely didn't try and deface you with information posted out of context, that was your role to fill. Shame on you.

Last edited by Gyva; 04-09-2013 at 08:27 AM..

Old 04-10-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
You took the first stab at me...
Nahhh. I didn't stab you. I didn't insult you. I didn't call you names. I didn't even say you were foolish... maybe it was pure genius?.. but nobody will likely know that for sure for quite a while now.

What I did do was restate the obvious, that your actions seemed quite impetuous. It only took you 26 hours to move from "I'm looking for acreage" to "they've accepted my offer," without ever getting the information you were seeking here, and without actually visiting the property, either of which factors clearly could seriously impact whatever plans you might have for the future.

Strangest of all, to those of us with intimate knowledge of the area, is the mystery of why you would be in such a tumbling rush? Real estate sales in those parts are quite snoozy, with a majority of the available properties having been listed for years. Taking a little while longer to do real due diligence on a possible real estate purchase is prudent, and carries little risk compared to jumping like a monkey on hot lava. It's not like there is a bidding war going on out there.

Last edited by OpenD; 04-10-2013 at 06:07 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 PM

I'm done with this conversation OpenD, onto the next....

Old 04-20-2013, 08:38 PM

39 posts, read 73,733 times
Wasn't this the same OP that bought a lot at Nanawale covered in albizia really cheap a month back or so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island