Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 06:45 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I’m not ideological, so your interpretation fails there. How in the world could you possibly come to a conclusion based off posts that my wife came off condescending to the interviewers? You do not know what you are even talking about. No one knows why she wasn’t hired. Could of been a formality. Could of been she wasn’t qualified as other candidates, could of been her philosophy of teaching didn’t fit with their curriculum, could of been because she is an outsider, and on and on, yet you come to the most rude conclusion. No one knows except for the people who interviewed her. Let’s not forget all this happened while in the middle of a pandemic. The timing could of been bad. Through the use of deductive reasoning one should conclude the simplest of answers. Occam's razor would suggest Covid played a roll. I have told you also that there was a special Ed teacher who I was in contact with who had the same issues. She did 11 interviews and wasn’t hired. Special Ed is the most difficult teachers to find. You’re too goofy for my liking. No offense, people on here are all bent out of shape because I compared Ken’s to IHOP and diner food. I can come to conclusions of posters here based off their posts, but I’m confident of meeting them in person, I would be way off. I don’t know of any animals who give off signals on the internet through a forum. Ugh.

What does a poster taking about bringing growth to the natives and locals rolling their eyes have to do with the above? I had an apprehension and this Puerto Rican female from the mainland was going on how I targeted her because of her race and my boss who is a loca said to her “this is Hawaii, we don’t play that **** here.” What does that have to do with anything? Nothing, but since we are sharing, why not.
Roflmao … sorry officer … gee, wonder what in your past postings got me misunderstanding you so much … lol.

C’mon, man. You have expressed your (rather extreme) ideologies more than all other posters to this forum combined. Look, I didn’t get into the right or wrong of it. And I’m not trying to now. I am merely pointing out that people give off signals they don’t realize … while others read signals also sometimes without realizing what they are forming their reactions based on. It’s simple psychological fact that this occurs.

I’m “too goofy for [your] liking?” … heh … How could you know what I’m really like just based on my postings, officer? Lmao. No contradiction of yourself there, eh?

“What does a poster talking about bringing growth to the natives and locals rolling their eyes” have to do with your wife not getting hired? …. Well, possibly … everything.

And how does any of this relate to the thread topic? Well, attitudes projected - intentionally or unintentionally - is something to ponder when considering a move to any unique community.

Have a nice day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 08:21 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Sorry, but this isn't about me. You keep trying to walk back what you said about how great NJ diners were compared to Ken's. Nothing is "lost in translation" and you are just pizzed that I called you out on it. That clearly offends you, but need to just get over it.

"New York's finest" indeed....
Get off it. “Walking back” a comment about a food spot. You sound like a twit. I Didn’t think anything special of Ken’s and people of the forum got hurt. Holy drama! Get a life.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 06-13-2021 at 08:44 AM..

Old 06-13-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Roflmao … sorry officer … gee, wonder what in your past postings got me misunderstanding you so much … lol.

C’mon, man. You have expressed your (rather extreme) ideologies more than all other posters to this forum combined. Look, I didn’t get into the right or wrong of it. And I’m not trying to now. I am merely pointing out that people give off signals they don’t realize … while others read signals also sometimes without realizing what they are forming their reactions based on. It’s simple psychological fact that this occurs.

I’m “too goofy for [your] liking?” … heh … How could you know what I’m really like just based on my postings, officer? Lmao. No contradiction of yourself there, eh?

“What does a poster talking about bringing growth to the natives and locals rolling their eyes” have to do with your wife not getting hired? …. Well, possibly … everything.

And how does any of this relate to the thread topic? Well, attitudes projected - intentionally or unintentionally - is something to ponder when considering a move to any unique community.

Have a nice day
It’s an anonymous forum. You know nothing of my philosophical view of the world. A forum is a vague picture of what you can possibly perceive unless you have some supernatural ability. So yes, you’re goofy going by your standard.

You fail to connect a poster bringing growth to the natives and locals rolling their eyes. You are making things up as you go along to make it sound like you know something of worth. You don’t. You’re daft and borderline a droob. I’m moving on bud. I’m done with this circus.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:52 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
Get off it. “Walking back” a comment about a food spot. You sound like a twit. I Didn’t think anything special of Ken’s and people of the forum got hurt. Holy drama! Get a life.
lol - Again, this isn't about me. You are the one who was compelled to make a point of your disdain for Ken's, and make a point of how great NJ diners were, and then a few posts later you totally walked back about the NJ diners, and now you are just butt hurt because it was pointed out.

I'll let you have the last word, since little people like you always, always need to.....

Old 06-13-2021, 09:49 AM

451 posts, read 412,343 times
Quote:
..... I’m moving on bud. I’m done with this circus.

Mahalo nui loa

Old 06-13-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
Mahalo nui loa
A hui hou!

Old 06-20-2021, 12:57 AM

16 posts, read 15,613 times
Best of luck to you and your family Nyfinestbxtf. Planning to visit home state NJ soon

Old 06-20-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy1 View Post
Best of luck to you and your family Nyfinestbxtf. Planning to visit home state NJ soon
As a Christian, I believe we are where we are meant to be. Nothing is by accident. God opens and closes doors and man most definitely can’t open a door God has closed.

Old 06-30-2021, 12:53 PM

441 posts, read 440,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Comparing Ken's to IHOP is a joke! Starting with the waitresses who have been at Ken's for what seems like 50 years, and then considering the 10 page menu that includes every local dish you can imagine. Nyfinestbxtf, does your NJ diner have lilikoi milkshakes???
this sounds like my kind of place!!

Old 07-01-2021, 05:38 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARas2020 View Post
this sounds like my kind of place!!
And the next time you are in Hilo, try it and Cronies, a great little sports bar.

Cronies Bar & Grill - Cronies Bar & Grill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island