Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Entertainment
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Interviewing

Posted 06-07-2016 at 03:41 AM by ginasantiago
Updated 07-02-2016 at 10:06 PM by ginasantiago

I sat in on a couple of interviews today. I am amazed applicants take little care in preparing for such a big step. Not only are these individuals judged on their academic achievements but also the care in which they present themselves. The competition for the two jobs available garnered 78 applicants. That is a lot of competition even though this is a civilian job with limited access to the lab. After the applicant tracking system weeded out some candidates, there were still 22 who met qualifications....
Posted in Entertainment
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Graduation

Posted 05-21-2016 at 05:46 AM by ginasantiago

It's that time of year to sit through all the graduation speeches. I've been listening to how everyone is now educated enough to go out and be a big dog because they (and their parents) suffered through years of schooling. Unfortunately, big dogs do get bit. (This is my third ceremony..I need chocolate).
But you know, graduating in this day and age is wonderful. I remember in my day when white out was a big deal. There was no spell check, had a flip phone and computers were mammoth. No Facebook,...
Posted in Entertainment
Old

Walmart

Posted 05-16-2016 at 05:47 PM by ginasantiago
Updated 06-22-2016 at 03:05 AM by ginasantiago

I ran out of milk this morning and thought I'd stop by Walmart and pick up a gallon. After checking expiration dates, I went directly to the self-checkout which is located directly next to the Walmart greeter.
As I was leaving the checkout area I noticed a woman with a cart filled with groceries and misc. items (none of the items in her cart were in bags) pushing her cart next to me heading for the exit.
All of a sudden the Walmart greeter approaches me and asks to see my receipt....
Posted in Entertainment
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Too many angry people

Posted 05-15-2016 at 09:06 PM by ginasantiago

Is it just me or does there seem to be a growing number of angry people? Have there always been so many nasty people? Do they realize that they are being mean? If adults act this way, what values are they teaching their children?

I'm not fluent in the language of violence or bullying, but I know enough to get around in places where it is spoken. Unfortunately, it is spoken everywhere, especially on the internet. Everyone has an opinion and if your opinion isn't the same as theirs--God...
Posted in Entertainment
Old

This is my blog

Posted 05-14-2016 at 08:56 PM by ginasantiago

So I learned somethings today.

1). You can only be young once but you can stay immature for a life time. Believe me it's not a choice.

2). That when it comes to Faith vs. Reason, a lot of people will go with faith.
Posted in Entertainment