Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Humor
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

The Liberal Ox Cart Builder

Posted 10-24-2013 at 03:34 PM by Fortoggie

Did you hear about the liberal ox cart builder? It happened in Germany in 1450. The little village was made up of ox cart makers and this one who came to be called a liberal got his wife pregnant. [ yes liberals can do that ] but she was having difficulties and so he put some straw in a cart and took her to a midwife. The ride was still excruciating and he lay awake at night and figured out what to do. It came to him how to put leaf springs under the cart and cushion the ride. When the conservatives...
Old

test

Posted 10-17-2013 at 02:53 PM by prakashpcs

just testing
Not a member
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Problem solving skills

Posted 10-10-2013 at 02:54 PM by Fortoggie

My friend Gene and I meet at the BK, four times per week to solve world problems. We devote a full half hour each session; but here lately I have noticed that the problems have gained on us. I blame Gene, he's getting old and his problem solving skills have slowed down. He blames the coffee, says it gets more bitter by the week.
Posted in Entertainment, Humor
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

I found a magic bullet

Posted 10-10-2013 at 02:50 PM by Fortoggie

Who says there is no magic bullet? Come sit on the back porch with me, look up in that blue sky. See that silver bullet? It's so high you can't see the wings, so fast you can't hear a sound. I close my eyes and think; there might be 300 people up there on their way to Chicago. Some eating pretzels, some reading a book or watching a movie. Is that magic or what?
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

My Assuming Friend

Posted 09-26-2013 at 01:08 PM by Fortoggie

Bet you have a friend are too like this, maybe more. Have you noticed how many people assume things? That means that they accept without verification, they jump to conclusions, usually because they work on the premise that they understand things quicker and better than anybody else.
We were having coffee the other morning and after hearing his stories I said that I was watching this documentary last night and it was saying... that's about as far I got before he jumped in, assuming that he...