Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 02:55 PM

84 posts, read 206,804 times

Advertisements

It's been some time since I've been out and about in Boston. Can anyone recommend the best gay bar in the city?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 04:58 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
Even with the greatly reduced number of bars in town it's still a matter of taste. My personal faves are the Eagle, Paradise, and The Alley. Attitude is a given at any gay hangout in this city, but there's less of it at these three places. The strippers and film clips at Paradise can be, um, entertaining too. Mostly because of the terrible music I rarely go to any of these spots or any others though.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Even with the greatly reduced number of bars in town it's still a matter of taste. My personal faves are the Eagle, Paradise, and The Alley. Attitude is a given at any gay hangout in this city, but there's less of it at these three places. The strippers and film clips at Paradise can be, um, entertaining too. Mostly because of the terrible music I rarely go to any of these spots or any others though.
When I was a college student there was a great place called STYX. Looks like it's no longer there. You and I like the same sort of ummmmm "entertainment". Thanks for the help.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,670,559 times
It really depends on what you're looking for: Paradise is great if you like dancers; Fritz is good (not great) if you like a local neighborhood place; D-Bar [in the dreaded Dorchester - at least as it's portrayed on this forum ] is a guppy center; the Alley has a good old-fashioned kind of edge, Ramrod and Eagle are really variable, Club Cafe is ... well ... something (let me know if you figure it out), etc... You'll need to give more info. for people to advise.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 AM

59 posts, read 143,388 times
My favorites are Club Cafe, Machine, Paradise, Estate (only gay on Thursdays) and Underbar (only gay on Sundays).

Old 06-20-2011, 01:20 PM

24 posts, read 38,629 times
Estate on Thursdays, Paradise on Saturdays and Underbar on Sundays would be my suggestion. Not sure about the rest of the week. Paradise was rehabbed and is pretty great now. The downstairs no longer looks like a dungeon.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:18 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,193,788 times
It's gay Latino night on Wednesdays at a Warrenton St. club next to W Hotel...is it called Vapor, or is it Liquid?

Mondays at Machine seem popular for drag shows...seems straight females enjoy the scene with their gay male friends.

House of Blues has a gay Saturday night, I believe, for the past couple of years.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
It's gay Latino night on Wednesdays at a Warrenton St. club next to W Hotel...is it called Vapor, or is it Liquid?
I'm THERE! Whatever the name I'll find it.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:07 PM

1,126 posts, read 4,563,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post

Mondays at Machine seem popular for drag shows...seems straight females enjoy the scene with their gay male friends.

House of Blues has a gay Saturday night, I believe, for the past couple of years.

here is the break down...

for circuit events check out chrisharrispresents.com its got everything. also check edgeboston.com/nightlife

latin wednesdays @ venu/rumor
Thurs - Estate - Fun, lots of big drag queens from rupauls drag race perform
Fri - Club Cafe
- Machine
Sat - Epic at HOB/Roxy
- Paradise - Cheap cover, drinks tons of fun. Bring my out of town friends here.
Sund - Underbar

for bears - The Alley - Happy Hour on fridays after work is the best crowd, also bear-eoke on sunday. group hug is one sunday a month in cambridge,
For Leather - Ramrod - not like it was in the 90s though apperently.
For Sports guys - The Fritz - gay sports bar.
For Lesbians - Machine on every other Saturday, Milkyway Lounge in JP is big too, does Pure still do something I think? i'm out of my element here.
for gay hipsters - fur and gold @ the alley on fridays, also Foxy events in cambridge

dbar is good in in Dorchester, they do some tdances and fun nights.

then the Eagle late if want. its nothing like the NY one. kinda sad.

also, if in boston for the summer, Get to PTOWN!!!!

for the record...boston has the bars. but i've found its more about going to bbqs and house parties for most part. and then go to ptown for 4th july weeks or bearweek or carnival.

just my opinion.

Last edited by nate14ri; 06-22-2011 at 02:16 PM..

Old 06-22-2011, 02:47 PM

10,750 posts, read 23,828,256 times
Get a time a machine and go back to the 1990's. Avalon, Axis, Man-Ray, Buzz. What the hell happend to Boston nightlife? It use to be so much more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
also, if in boston for the summer, Get to PTOWN!!!!
Indeed, summer in P-Town is always fun. I love it there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iMAlNcxs9A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston