Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 05:24 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,921,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineville0493 View Post
Would people leave you alone if you wore a Yankees hat in Boston nowadays? Or do people still try to pick fights about it (or possibly physical violence)

Seems like one can wear a Red Sox hat in NYC and no one bats an eye. Is it like this in Boston (or MA for that matter)
No one will care. Just don't approach obnoxious drunk people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 05:34 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineville0493 View Post
Would people leave you alone if you wore a Yankees hat in Boston nowadays? Or do people still try to pick fights about it (or possibly physical violence)

Seems like one can wear a Red Sox hat in NYC and no one bats an eye. Is it like this in Boston (or MA for that matter)
Hopefully just a little good natured kidding around from either side

Old 05-11-2020, 10:25 AM

12,162 posts, read 8,002,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Curious, where do these numbers come from?
Go look at the NYT Fan Map or vivid seats fan map as well. Its pretty easy to go fact check those numbers, dont know why you have to ask where they come from... MLB Fan Base stats are pretty public.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:58 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,021,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Go look at the NYT Fan Map or vivid seats fan map as well. Its pretty easy to go fact check those numbers, dont know why you have to ask where they come from... MLB Fan Base stats are pretty public.
Was just asking a direct question, no need to get triggered.

Not really a sports fan to the extent I care where other cities' fans live...so those resources would be invisible to me.

Old 05-11-2020, 11:18 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,119,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
If you're young and/or have a certain look about you, I wouldn't recommend wearing a red or blue hat anywhere (unless it's the local team) because you could get mistaken for a rival gang member.
I have been wearing a blue hat in Boston for many many years, In some of the tougher neighborhoods. Never got messed with.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Was just asking a direct question, no need to get triggered.

Not really a sports fan to the extent I care where other cities' fans live...so those resources would be invisible to me.
Sorry im an aggressive person.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
I have been wearing a blue hat in Boston for many many years, In some of the tougher neighborhoods. Never got messed with.
Blue Hat? Cubs? NY Giants? Dodgers?

Old 05-12-2020, 05:25 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,522,377 times
I don't think the people living in the downtown or college areas of Boston nowadays would even notice or care much about non college sports rivalries. If someone gives you trouble for it, they're probably from the suburbs.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:32 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,722,770 times
My husband and son wear Yankees hats and shirts all the time. No one has ever said anything. The only place where my husband ever felt threatened by wearing a non-hometown team hat or piece of clothing was Philadelphia. It's never been an issue in Boston.

I've worn Cubs stuff to Fenway and if anything people are supportive. A lot of Red Sox fans feel a certain camaraderie with Cubs fans.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
My husband and son wear Yankees hats and shirts all the time. No one has ever said anything. The only place where my husband ever felt threatened by wearing a non-hometown team hat or piece of clothing was Philadelphia. It's never been an issue in Boston.

I've worn Cubs stuff to Fenway and if anything people are supportive. A lot of Red Sox fans feel a certain camaraderie with Cubs fans.
^ Yeah as a diehard Red Sox fan, I love the Cubs. Despise Yankees fans. But I love Cubs, their Fans and their stadium. If you walk into a bar in Boston with a Cubs hat you will more than likely get a positive reaction over negative.

But you are from Chicago, and your husband New York.. and settled in Boston? How do you guys like it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston