Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2022, 12:24 PM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
You can do that. Just have the City Council and Licensing Boards require all night clubs to hire a contingent of police into the wee hours of the morning. Let's see how many of the anti-police "Boston is overpoliced" crackpots vote for it, and let's see how many club owners are willing to do it. Most of the people you support seem to think Boston is already over-policed. The other part of this is that if you want police present, you can't complain when they arrest people. You were on another thread here last week bellowing about Boston's crime rate and implying it had nothing to do with Police and here you are saying it's underpoliced. lol. Too funny.
Post the bolded here please? Not sure when this was.

Is there anyone I support that says Boston needs fewer police officers? Or did they say Boston needs fewer police officers doing construction detail?

Stop being a hater for 5 seconds and go get those examples. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2022, 12:26 PM

5,126 posts, read 2,705,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
You don't have t do it because another city is doing it but ti does make you more attractive to young people. Boston for instance retains fewer of its college graduates than some of our rival cities.

If another city can do it- 9 timee out of 10 there's really no reason Boston cant do it.
Of course we do. It's insanely expensive. Albany not only has more areas to locate night clubs, it's very affordable and attractive to live in a place like Rensselaer. Despite all that, Boston attracts more than our fair share of young people. And the young people who want to engage in violence or tear up the streets at 0400 are not who we need.

Old 12-21-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Post the bolded here please? Not sure when this was.

Is there anyone I support that says Boston needs fewer police officers? Or did they say Boston needs fewer police officers doing construction detail?

Stop being a hater for 5 seconds and go get those examples. Thank you in advance.
You can go look for it yourself. You've made similar comments all over this board and you are constantly bashing police in general. If you don't know then I guess it's because you stand on zero principles and forget the general theme of what you say here because of that. You seem to go with whatever is most convenient for your given argument at any given time. Oh, and if you're supporting BLM candidates you are saying you support defunding the police. Not road details. If you are supporting candidates who think Boston is "over policed" that speaks for itself. If police have little or nothing to do with crime reduction in the city then why do they matter when it comes to your late night clubs?

Old 12-21-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
You can go look for it yourself. You've made similar comments all over this board and you are constantly bashing police in general. If you don't know then I guess it's because you stand on zero principles and forget the general theme of what you say here because of that. Oh, and if you're supporting BLM candidates you are saying you support defunding the police. Not road details.
My take away from this is

1) I never said that. Lol on brand because you tell lies.

2) Police are too lazy to do actual police work at 2-4am but are good to sit in their cars outside a manhole cover and/or rack up DV charges. Figures.

Old 12-21-2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
My take away from this is

1) I never said that. Lol on brand because you tell lies.

2) Police are too lazy to do actual police work at 2-4am but are good to sit in their cars outside a manhole cover and/or rack up DV charges. Figures.
My take from this is:

1) You don't like cops and don't think they are an essential element of keeping crime in check.

2) In this instance you want late night clubs and would rather use cops as a scapegoat for the problems that come from them than blame the actual behavior of those who cause those problems.

3) I'm (not) shocked.

Old 12-21-2022, 01:03 PM

16,643 posts, read 8,369,674 times
His hate for cops is obvious. He would like Boston to be all black. That about sums it up.

Old 12-21-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
His hate for cops is obvious. He would like Boston to be all black. That about sums it up.
Miss, just what the hell are you talking about?

I live in BALTIMORE and would rather move back to Boston. I lived in Prince Georges County and prefer Boston.

I don’t want Boston demographics to change and I don’t *hate* cops but I don’t trust them and am skeptical of them. And the two are not correlated.

This dude BGJ acting like we don’t have a police force from 2AM to 8 am makes no sense. Him saying I don’t think cops are effective in reducing crime doesn’t make sense either. If there were no cops it’s be chaos. Boston has a decent number of cops, they should just spend there time doing more active patrolling and less sitting in a car or forging overtime cards because they take their own attendance. I know real life Boston police officers, I knew Willie gross I don’t hate these people. But they’re on some bull**** sometimes. We all know that.

You all love how cop boot tastes, I don’t. That’s not hate.

Old 12-21-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Miss, just what the hell are you talking about?

I live in BALTIMORE and would rather move back to Boston. I lived in Prince Georges County and prefer Boston.

I don’t want Boston demographics to change and I don’t *hate* cops but I don’t trust them and am skeptical of them. And the two are not correlated.

This dude BGJ acting like we don’t have a police force from 2AM to 8 am makes no sense. Him saying I don’t think cops are effective in reducing crime doesn’t make sense either. If there were no cops it’s be chaos. Boston has a decent number of cops, they should just spend there time doing more active patrolling and less sitting in a car or forging overtime cards because they take their own attendance. I know real life Boston police officers, I knew Willie gross I don’t hate these people. But they’re on some bull**** sometimes. We all know that.

You all love how cop boot tastes, I don’t. That’s not hate.
I certainly don't dispute that there are bad and, in some cases, lazy Boston cops. Frankly, I think the BPD culture needs improvement in a number of ways which I think would improve the attitudes of some not bad cops who are tainted by the inherent nature of the culture. But the bad/lazy cops are the minority from what I see and your constant negative generalizations are not supported. I think it's pretty clear based on all your posts here that you have a bias against police in general. But I can see the same bias being played out against other groups too, so it's a theme. You also don't have clue one as to what its like to do the job of Boston Police Officer, yet you speak with absolutely certainly about what you think it entails while displaying absolutely zero empathy for those wearing the uniform.

Old 12-21-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I certainly don't dispute that there are bad and, in some cases, lazy Boston cops. Frankly, I think the BPD culture needs improvement in a number of ways which I think would improve the attitudes of some not bad cops who are tainted by the inherent nature of the culture. But the bad/lazy cops are the minority from what I see and your constant negative generalizations are not supported. I think it's pretty clear based on all your posts here that you have a bias against police in general. But I can see the same bias being played out against other groups too, so it's a theme. You also don't have clue one as to what its like to do the job of Boston Police Officer, yet you speak with absolutely certainly about what you think it entails while displaying absolutely zero empathy for those wearing the uniform.
But I reallly do. For 3 years every summer I met with Boston police officers- weekly, from C11 and B2 and B3 occasionally E18 I gave them their own crime stats, they asked me for information and asked me questions in general i ws the one who dealt with the hostage situation in Egypt of a Haitian pastor and His minsitry, I called the police and the state department. I was the one talking to the store owner at 4 Corners market after he kept getting robbed by teens- one of whom I played BNBL with. I was sitting in on the meetings at 439 Washington street. I was there. I was the one talking with Larry Ellison of MAMLEO, I ate ribs with him at Juneteenth. I know Boston Police officers- I am from Boston after all.

Call it a bias or whatever but cops do bad things with impunity and i don’t accept it as okay. I’ve also had cops display interest in helping me pay for college when I didn’t think I’d be able to return my sophomore year.
But you know what? I also know there are lazy cops and cops have been infiltrated by white supremacist all over the nation. Both things can be true.

In reality it is you who displays the bias towards groups- not me.

Old 12-21-2022, 02:07 PM

16,643 posts, read 8,369,674 times
It's funny because cops will get called lazy for doing nothing except sitting in a car at 3 am but then if they actually do something like address the public or give someone a ticket they're rogue and trying to make things not fun for people and if it's a white cop giving a non white person a ticket or something it's racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston