Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2022, 10:04 AM

21,745 posts, read 12,880,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
BPD allegedly gearing up to hire lateral recruits:

https://liveboston617.org/2022/12/12...e-departments/
"Facing all time low morale, staffing shortages, extended tours of duty, and unfilled assignments, leadership within the department is at its wit's end according to numerous Command Staff and Department Leaders we spoke with. "

"With the department facing record high attrition rates and the looming threat of the hundreds of members who could retire at any given time, and a continued attack from social groups and elected officials the Department has been teetering on a full blown crisis for a while now."

Man.... these guys really never stop whining. If you all are just so sad, throw a pizza party, get some water balloons and a clown. Watch Power Rangers. Whatever you gotta do- just give me a break.

No one "attacked" you, tough guys. "Tours of Duty" They really think they're the military lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2022, 10:17 AM

16,636 posts, read 8,354,811 times
'Man.... these guys really never stop whining. If you all are just so sad, throw a pizza party, get some water balloons and a clown. Watch Power Rangers. Whatever you gotta do- just give me a break.'

See, this is just ignorant. Would that make you happy at work?

The problem is that there is no incentive to work at BPD anymore really. It used to be that people felt proud to work at BPD. It would be a step up if you were a Braintree cop and were able to move into a job as a Boston cop. Not anymore. I don't think there's even much difference in pay.

I probably wouldn't feel great either if people kept wanting to strip me of pay and benefits.

Old 12-13-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
'Man.... these guys really never stop whining. If you all are just so sad, throw a pizza party, get some water balloons and a clown. Watch Power Rangers. Whatever you gotta do- just give me a break.'

See, this is just ignorant. Would that make you happy at work?

The problem is that there is no incentive to work at BPD anymore really. It used to be that people felt proud to work at BPD. It would be a step up if you were a Braintree cop and were able to move into a job as a Boston cop. Not anymore. I don't think there's even much difference in pay.

I probably wouldn't feel great either if people kept wanting to strip me of pay and benefits.
Okay- ill shoot what was the incentive? Paid details or what?

You're not being proud of what you do isn't City Council or Social Activists' fault. Maybe you're just a bum who doesn't take pride in their work??

Crime is at an all-time low. Shouldn't you be proud and have high morale as a department?

Or are you depressed we've found out it doesn't take 2500 paid officers to get there and you're not AS important as you think you are? What is the boohoo about this time? I'd love to know.

What pay and what benefits are being cut - if I know that maybe I'd see their point. Probably not- but maybe.

Old 12-13-2022, 10:27 AM

You don't think there's a little more prestige in being a boston cop than a quincy cop? I'd say there is, especially after the marathon bombings. Maybe you dont see it that way or care, but people do.

I get it, you hate the po po. Not everyone else does.

I'm not depressed about anything having to do with the police. I'm more depressed about what we spend to help illegals.

Old 12-13-2022, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
You don't think there's a little more prestige in being a boston cop than a quincy cop? I'd say there is, especially after the marathon bombings. Maybe you dont see it that way or care, but people do.

I get it, you hate the po po. Not everyone else does.

I'm not depressed about anything having to do with the police. I'm more depressed about what we spend to help illegals.
What does that have to do with anything Live Boston or I are talking about?

I said why are they crying and whining, again. You said there's more prestige in being a cop in Boston than Quincy.

...Make that make sense? Or follow some sort of logical argument.

Old 12-13-2022, 12:31 PM

5,126 posts, read 2,702,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
"Facing all time low morale, staffing shortages, extended tours of duty, and unfilled assignments, leadership within the department is at its wit's end according to numerous Command Staff and Department Leaders we spoke with. "

"With the department facing record high attrition rates and the looming threat of the hundreds of members who could retire at any given time, and a continued attack from social groups and elected officials the Department has been teetering on a full blown crisis for a while now."

Man.... these guys really never stop whining. If you all are just so sad, throw a pizza party, get some water balloons and a clown. Watch Power Rangers. Whatever you gotta do- just give me a break.

No one "attacked" you, tough guys. "Tours of Duty" They really think they're the military lol.
Says the keyboard warrior. Someday you may develop some empathy. Doubt it, but it might happen. They aren't all "guys" by the way....tough guy.

Old 12-13-2022, 12:50 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Says the keyboard warrior. Someday you may develop some empathy. Doubt it, but it might happen. They aren't all "guys" by the way....tough guy.
True that:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/first-w...%20early%20age.

Old 12-14-2022, 06:32 PM

Wow so it sounds like it wasn't this dude's first time jumping out of a window to escape the police :

https://www.necn.com/news/local/mass...ee-cops/25599/

https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/sus...arges/42239202

Old 12-14-2022, 06:39 PM

5,126 posts, read 2,702,853 times
And he particularly likes South End buildings, apparently. Real life Spiderman?

Old 12-14-2022, 07:18 PM

Very bizarre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston