Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2021, 10:59 AM

12,194 posts, read 8,088,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Did you report any of this stuff?
This was like late 90s/00s when I was a kid.

Actually one of the police officers who said this.. is dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 10:59 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,067,827 times
So what? There's also a guy who happens to be best buddies with fine folks such as Cornel West saying he hates all those crackas and h*nkeys and calling for murder of white babies, right on video. Sh*t comes in all color and you're covered in it head to toe from grabbing all the lighter turds and putting them on display while frantically tossing all the darker ones under the rug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
I heard a State trooper friend of a friend say that when he was doing a protective service in France for some US diplomat (or something)
Fahkin Europe is a bunch of F@gits that deserve to be shot.
Classy, well versed in poetry, and current events was my assumption of this buzzcut hero.

Old 04-23-2021, 11:13 AM

3,239 posts, read 2,142,262 times
Its little different when you are paid to protect the public with that attitude

Old 04-23-2021, 11:31 AM

How is that different from a racist employer, or a racist DA, or a racist leading anti-racism expert, or a racist passer-by with a short fuse and fists the size of a large cantaloupe? Racists who hate others solely for skin color are sh*t regardless of their own color or occupation, simple as that. Start calling out all of them equally, not just the ones of your less preferred shade, and a whole lot more people will start agreeing with you.

Quote:
Its little different when you are paid to protect the public with that attitude

Old 04-23-2021, 11:47 AM

12,934 posts, read 22,104,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
How is that different from a racist employer, or a racist DA, or a racist leading anti-racism expert, or a racist passer-by with a short fuse and fists the size of a large cantaloupe? Racists who hate others solely for skin color are sh*t regardless of their own color or occupation, simple as that. Start calling out all of them equally, not just the ones of your less preferred shade, and a whole lot more people will start agreeing with you.
Of course hate, racism, and bigotry are all bad no matter who is slinging it. But it's not equal, and that's the point that seems to be lost on so many. Black people make up some 13% of the population in the U.S. What's more is that they make up a disproportionately smaller segment of the people in positions that have an impact on our daily lives.

As a white guy, it doesn't matter nearly as much if a large contingent of the black population is "racist" towards white people. It's highly unlikely that that sentiment towards whites will impact my ability to get a job, a good education, get a mortgage, find a home, get top notch healthcare access, or have an influence on my interactions with the criminal justice system, etc. Because the vast majority of those institutions that provide those opportunities are run by people who look, sound, and think like me.

Again, being bigoted is bad. That's stating the obvious. But let's not pretend it black on white bigotry has an equal impact to white on black bigotry.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:22 PM

3,239 posts, read 2,142,262 times
My post had said not one thing about race though

Old 04-23-2021, 12:49 PM

12,934 posts, read 22,104,360 times
Quote:
My post had said not one thing about race though
Fair point. bigfatdude is... err... passionate about the topic.

Old 04-23-2021, 12:57 PM

And that, my friend, is why there's always going to be mistrust and division. You yourself admitted there's a farrakhan out there for every duke but you're kicking and screaming about the dukes while refusing to hold any of the farrakhans accountable, and until that changes you'll have nearly half of the country voting for a nutjob who belongs in a padded room.

Also you might want to re-think that whole "black racists don't affect me because I'm white" silliness - take a look at our DA, our city council, and based on the recent rhetoric our unelected heronner. Think they can't affect you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Of course hate, racism, and bigotry are all bad no matter who is slinging it. But it's not equal, and that's the point that seems to be lost on so many. Black people make up some 13% of the population in the U.S. What's more is that they make up a disproportionately smaller segment of the people in positions that have an impact on our daily lives.

As a white guy, it doesn't matter nearly as much if a large contingent of the black population is "racist" towards white people. It's highly unlikely that that sentiment towards whites will impact my ability to get a job, a good education, get a mortgage, find a home, get top notch healthcare access, or have an influence on my interactions with the criminal justice system, etc. Because the vast majority of those institutions that provide those opportunities are run by people who look, sound, and think like me.

Again, being bigoted is bad. That's stating the obvious. But let's not pretend it black on white bigotry has an equal impact to white on black bigotry.

Last edited by bigfatdude; 04-23-2021 at 01:07 PM..

Old 04-23-2021, 01:13 PM

23,738 posts, read 18,855,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
This was like late 90s/00s when I was a kid.

Actually one of the police officers who said this.. is dead.
If he is dead, then why does it even matter?

Old 04-23-2021, 01:13 PM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times
BFD is scared of black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston