Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 01:48 PM

5,126 posts, read 2,705,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne999 View Post
Boston is 25% black. I live here.”. Up until current mayor I don’t know how you’d know that if you didn’t purposefully Google it. It’s not celebrated. The cultures aren’t embraced or advertised. You’d know Boston is a city that loves ipas, loves Paul revere and sings sweet Caroline. The perception needs change
Define "celebrated" and who is responsible for it? By the way, there are numerous cultures in this city that are not "embraced" or advertised including Irish culture the reality of which is not even remotely represented. How do you know what people perceive and whose perception needs to change?

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 04-10-2021 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 02:03 PM

12,194 posts, read 8,088,045 times
Boston is portrayed as a city that is
80% White, 10% Asian, 5% Black, 5% Hispanic

Old 04-10-2021, 02:08 PM

24,573 posts, read 18,341,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
Neither believe it or not - not a fan of bible-thumping cultists and baseball is about as exciting as watching paint dry. What about you - would that be a purple manbun and a BLM tshirt or a blue ponytail and a Che shirt? Inquiring minds want to know.

Me? Nope. I'm preppie all the way. Top Siders. Nantucket reds. Oxford shirt. My prized red hat says Mount Gay Rum and Figawi Race on it. My hair has always been a corporate "boy's regular". I watched Liverpool beat Aston Villa in extra time this morning. I have no idea who is in the outfield for the Red Sox but I know it was Yaz, Reggie Smith, and Tony C in 1967 until Conigliaro got HBP to end his career.

Old 04-10-2021, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Boston is portrayed as a city that is
80% White, 10% Asian, 5% Black, 5% Hispanic
Okay, where did these numbers come from?

Old 04-10-2021, 02:19 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,067,827 times
You didn't know until now? Let me guess, a tireless crusader for social justice whose heart bleeds from a safe distance and who has not been south of Brodway on the red line?

Quote:
Boston is 25% black. I live here.”. Up until current mayor I don’t know how you’d know that if you didn’t purposefully Google it. It’s not celebrated. The cultures aren’t embraced or advertised. You’d know Boston is a city that loves ipas, loves Paul revere and sings sweet Caroline. The perception needs change

Old 04-10-2021, 02:32 PM

1,397 posts, read 866,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
You didn't know until now? Let me guess, a tireless crusader for social justice whose heart bleeds from a safe distance and who has not been south of Brodway on the red line?
I am well aware of the cultures here. I explore everywhere. Been to plenty of cities. I’m talking about people that aren’t from here genius. The national perception including those who visit downtown is not that Boston is Caribbean, Cape Verdean, African American, Brazilian etc...the perception is Boston is white, drinks 20 dollar beers, and sings sweet Caroline. It’s time Bostons leaders embrace the entire city...they are starting to.. Get over yourself

Last edited by Ne999; 04-10-2021 at 02:54 PM..

Old 04-10-2021, 03:30 PM

Then maybe the people you're referencing need to dig below the surface of the world and stop waiting for information to be fed to them like a baby bird waiting for food in a nest. Otherwise, I think most people are quite capable of getting information...if they really want it. Unfortunately too many go through life glued to their phones. And maybe some of the people in this town need to do more than just sing platitudes and virtue-signal about non-issues.

Old 04-10-2021, 03:54 PM

17,864 posts, read 9,304,638 times
Quote:
I am well aware of the cultures here. I explore everywhere. Been to plenty of cities. I’m talking about people that aren’t from here genius. The national perception including those who visit downtown is not that Boston is Caribbean, Cape Verdean, African American, Brazilian etc...the perception is Boston is white, drinks 20 dollar beers, and sings sweet Caroline. It’s time Bostons leaders embrace the entire city...they are starting to.. Get over yourself
Have you ever actually been to Boston? I ask because you post a lot of inaccurate stuff.

Old 04-10-2021, 03:57 PM

We just wasted millions of taxpayer dollars and will waste tens of millions more on a silly video sending people to places best known for crime and violence. People actually do their research and know what they are getting into, unelected heronner could buy out all of Super Bowl ad time and there still won’t be any more visitors to Mattapan and Roxbury than there are now until the first page of google hits is no longer about crime and nonstop shootings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Then maybe the people you're referencing need to dig below the surface of the world and stop waiting for information to be fed to them like a baby bird waiting for food in a nest. Otherwise, I think most people are quite capable of getting information...if they really want it. Unfortunately too many go through life glued to their phones. And maybe some of the people in this town need to do more than just sing platitudes and virtue-signal about non-issues.

Old 04-10-2021, 05:11 PM

https://universalhub.com/crime/20210...e-drive-stolen - look like #NubianNight started bright and early on Friday! And according to Stacos Twitter #NubianNight is already in full effect today, started with a bang (and a headshot) on Olney St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston