Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 07:17 AM

6,122 posts, read 5,092,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
Your point being what? Are you implying that what I witnessed has no merit? It seems you are trying to portray minorities as being held back in achieving the same goals as whites, which is nonsense. In fact, in my travels, more blacks are being employed to good paying occupations than white people. Examples being the airlines, medical field, dentists, and hotel industry. Not only are the minorities being employed but in a case like a dental office I used to go to, the white dentists aren't working there anymore. This office is in a predominantly white upper middle class area. These black dentists came at the same time and the white dentists were never seen again.

It is also a well known fact that black students don't require as many credits as white students to graduate and become doctors. You may find that fine and dainty but it is not only unfair to the students but dangerous for patients.

Do you find that to be the equality you are striving for?
^^Where are you getting your information?

And as for the rest of it, you were the one who responded first, trying to discredit my experience--while I was not questioning yours, merely stating mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2023, 07:30 AM

12,820 posts, read 22,009,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
It is also a well known fact that black students don't require as many credits as white students to graduate and become doctors. You may find that fine and dainty but it is not only unfair to the students but dangerous for patients.
Do you have a source for this? This is the first time I've ever heard anything like this and would be very surprised if it was true.

Old 12-21-2023, 07:53 AM

851 posts, read 416,948 times
It's more defensible for learning institutions to cater to Black academic underperformance by lowering the standards for all. In the abstract, dumbing down, or replacing merit, qualification and excellence with diversity, equity and inclusion is a sure path for a society toward second rate status in an ever more competitive world.

Last edited by TunedIn; 12-21-2023 at 08:53 AM..

Old 12-21-2023, 09:11 AM

959 posts, read 535,528 times
This is funny. Sad, but funny.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C09c-...Z3aDJodHRjeA==

Old 12-21-2023, 09:52 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,344,964 times
The city council voting to allow undocumented residents to vote in addition to Wu's No Whites policy are bound to have an effect on her future electability.
Normally I wouldn't think Mass Democrats could do anything to hurt their election chances but, I was surprised at how the younger people in my family feel about it. They are a pretty diverse group, liberal and progressive leaning. None of them support what is going on.
Personally, I think it comes down to money. Most of them are paying high rent and or medical insurance. None of them feel any responsibility for what their grandparent's generation did so, why should they be discriminated against (at least the white ones.) They do not support undocumented immigrants getting free healthcare when they are paying for HDLP plans. I think that younger group used to be solidly Democratic. Not sure the Dems can count on them as much anymore.

Old 12-22-2023, 04:46 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,276,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Do you have a source for this? This is the first time I've ever heard anything like this and would be very surprised if it was true.
I have read about it more than one time and I might have read it first in a book about Obama called "The Great Destroyer", which everyone should read because you would be surprised at how racist this president was and what he did like forcing the banks to deny white people mortgages but give mortgages to blacks that didn't qualify.

I will go back and skim over the book to see if the information is in it about the college credits but I am positive I read it more than one time. Give me a few days, please.

Old 12-22-2023, 08:45 PM

16,325 posts, read 8,150,917 times
It's absurd to have a party and exclude anyone based on race. It wasn't even a oh oops no white people are invited, it was a premeditated thing where that was the plan. No White people allowed. If this had been any other race not invited Wu would have resigned. How a mayor could think that was ok is just odd.

Old 12-23-2023, 06:57 AM

35,034 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It's absurd to have a party and exclude anyone based on race. It wasn't even a oh oops no white people are invited, it was a premeditated thing where that was the plan. No White people allowed. If this had been any other race not invited Wu would have resigned. How a mayor could think that was ok is just odd.
I don't know about that.

Old 12-23-2023, 09:14 AM

6,122 posts, read 5,092,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
As it's been reported, this party has been a thing for years. The error, as I understand it, was doing it under the auspices of the Mayor's office. And yes, I do agree the invitation should have been extended to all, even if the "electeds of colors" were the ones being feted.

Old 12-24-2023, 07:35 AM

959 posts, read 535,528 times
Well.. this reel is funny…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C09c-...JodHRjeA%3D%3D

There is no point in having an exclusive party if everybody else doesn’t know how exclusive it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston