Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:55 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,058,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Mama View Post
...is a conservative someone who is fiscally responsible or narrow-minded or just anyone who is a Republican...
Because, obviously, nobody who declares themselves a Democrat could be fiscally responsible!

BTW, I realize that you are just parroting someone else's post, Market Mama, and I agree wholeheartedly that the current definitions of conservative and liberal are too constraining.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:25 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,290,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
People in Evergreen tend to be very educated. I know CO isnt great when it comes to school funding, etc.

For population 25 years and over in Evergreen

High school or higher: 97.5%
Bachelor's degree or higher: 62.8%
Graduate or professional degree: 23.5%
Unemployed: 3.8%
Mean travel time to work: 35.4 minutes

And my Alabama suggestion was referring to the OPs general attitude of hatred for any one not like him, because in the south there are still so many ignorant people like that. How disgusting coming from a doctor of all people! Wouldnt want to be caught in his office with a peace sign on my shirt!
i hear what you're saying. though i would also add that because someone went to school doesn't mean they got any or much education. you can pass while being drunk half the time and recovering from tailgating the other half, depending on the school and the people. you can have a town of 100% with bachelors and MBAs - all gainfully employed and spending half their days at work on fantasy football, and driving like hell-bats in their behemoth vehicles for 35 or 40 minutes to get back home to the tube - that know little more than who their alma matter's playing that saturday and where to watch them... not that that describes evergreen; more of a hypothetical and not necessarily unusual situation.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:35 PM

638 posts, read 2,281,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
i hear what you're saying. though i would also add that because someone went to school doesn't mean they got any or much education. you can pass while being drunk half the time and recovering from tailgating the other half, depending on the school and the people. you can have a town of 100% with bachelors and MBAs - all gainfully employed and spending half their days at work on fantasy football, and driving like hell-bats in their behemoth vehicles for 35 or 40 minutes to get back home to the tube - that know little more than who their alma matter's playing that saturday and where to watch them... not that that describes evergreen; more of a hypothetical and not necessarily unusual situation.
Well that is all soooo true! I know of a certain doofus who supposedly went to Yale while drunk and doing other such things.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
Well that is all soooo true! I know of a certain doofus who supposedly went to Yale while drunk and doing other such things.
OH yeah. harvard too, i might guess. so very "well educated".

Old 09-27-2007, 03:12 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
all gainfully employed and spending half their days at work on fantasy football, and driving like hell-bats in their behemoth vehicles for 35 or 40 minutes to get back home to the tube - that know little more than who their alma matter's playing that saturday and where to watch them...
Oh my Gawd! Sounds like heaven!

Old 09-27-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Oh my Gawd! Sounds like heaven!
heaven on earth. and roughly the life of many if not most of the hoards you see dodging bumpers on many american freeways, no?

Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,841 times
Default Not so liberal

I love Evergreen. I came here after living in Boston suburbs for six years and it was a breath of fresh air. Politics in general is not so liberal as it was in Taxaschusetts nor goofy-liberal as Boulder. I have many friends of both 'persuasions' and for the most part we just agree to disagree. There are definitely pockets of ultra-this and ultra-that, but for the most part nobody imposes their views on others.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 PM

4 posts, read 15,498 times
Default i'm confused...

I was just wondering who "Darmin" is??

HAHAHAHHAA

wow this thread just gave me a laugh on a wednesday night. such bitterness all around! i've lived in boulder since september and i like it. lots of hippies and freaks, but compared to any major cities in the US this place is, like has been said before, apple-pie america. there are also lots of suit-types and executives around too.... i would say a good mix. not the most racially diverse, but seems pretty accepting in general.

hahaha... darmin. that is great. and, the word "too" should be used in a similar manner as the word "also." Not to be confused with the word "to." I can't handle that.... i guess i'm a liberal hippie! ahhhhahaha. this was fun, goodnight all

Old 01-08-2008, 09:23 PM

42 posts, read 178,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Since when does drinking wine, driving a hybrid or riding a bicycle make one a liberal? And, what's wrong with any of those qualities (excluding fart sniffing, of course)? I guess I need someone to clarify for me what being "liberal like Boulder" really means.
Intolerant or opennly hostile to conservite viewpoints and values, I would presume, and deriding the people who hold them.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:09 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,245,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Black View Post
Boulder is the most liberal town in Colorado. I would compare it too San Fran. Anways, just wanted too make sure that Evergreen wasn't full of liberals that think humans evolved as Darmin believes. We are wine drinkers and love our beers too. Love to ride bikes but enjoy our Range Rover on snowy days. We are Republicans and don't want too be overcome by faithless liberals.

Alabama might be more your cup of beer then!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area