Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Lots of usual suspects on that list. It may as well be the DNC's contributor list. OMG Berkeley and immigration lawyers are against the Arizona law. I'm sure Arizona is so upset about that.
I've tried to stay out of another Zonie thread. However all you saw on that list was Berkeley and Immigration lawyers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 04:06 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I've tried to stay out of another Zonie thread. However all you saw on that list was Berkeley and Immigration lawyers?
Should I have written out the entire list? OK. Boulder, San Francisco, Austin, Santa Monica, Urban League, Gay and Lesbian Center. Better? Like I said, the usual suspects on the left have their panties in a knot over this. The rest of the country appears to approve of the law.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Should I have written out the entire list? OK. Boulder, San Francisco, Austin, Santa Monica, Urban League, Gay and Lesbian Center. Better? Like I said, the usual suspects on the left have their panties in a knot over this. The rest of the country appears to approve of the law.
But it's not just those on the left, that's what I don't understand. Some on the right have also condemned AZ. but, based on what you picked out of that and other posts, it's easy to see that you, and those who think like you are doing exactly what you've been accusing others of doing, picking out only what you want.

Just sayin'

Old 06-24-2010, 05:48 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Because they are Communists.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:19 PM

353 posts, read 657,073 times
As an Arizonan this whole issue has pained me a great deal. I am adamantly against SB1070. It is poorly written and does not accomplish much in stopping illegal immigration IMO. Having said that it also pains me to see the beating Arizona's image is taking. First of all the citizens didn't vote for this law. Secondly the law was signed by a governor that was not elected by the citizens. The opinion polls show Arizonans are in favor of the law but polls show the rest of Americans favor it at about the same percentage. I guess it bothers me that the media is creating this narrative of AZ as some kind of island of hate. Even though I think the people that support this law are misguided I don't think the majority of them are motivated by racism. If you are going to take AZ to task you should take the rest of the nation that supports them to task too. I also find it ironic that AZ is a state mostly made up of transplants and even the so called natives are of midwestern and eastern stock. Many of the people slamming Arizona aren't even aware that many people in Arizona are originally from where they're from. I do want to see this law overturned though because it won't accomplish much and could potentially create chaos.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
But it's not just those on the left, that's what I don't understand. Some on the right have also condemned AZ. but, based on what you picked out of that and other posts, it's easy to see that you, and those who think like you are doing exactly what you've been accusing others of doing, picking out only what you want.

Just sayin'
who on the right? If some, I certainly haven't seen them. Oh, I am sure you can dig deep enough to find a few, but overlall, not the right has not condemned AZ.

Nita

Old 06-24-2010, 07:59 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Kazakhstan and California, the lowest-rated U.S. state, share a Baa1 ranking, three steps above non-investment grade, from Moody's Investors Service.

I think AZ should give strong consideration to not doing business with a state that's just a 'grade' or two away from going belly up.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
who on the right? If some, I certainly haven't seen them. Oh, I am sure you can dig deep enough to find a few, but overlall, not the right has not condemned AZ.

Nita
Those on the right have already been mentioned

Old 06-25-2010, 02:36 AM

457 posts, read 1,182,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
you are correct that the more liberal cities\ organizations seem much more inclined to protest human rights concerns. But keep in mind, many conservative politicians [like the governors of Nevada and Texas] as well as President Bush have also condemned the Arizona law.
Bush a conservative??? I think most people know he was no where near a conservative. Haha.

Most conservatives are too worried about their jobs, families and more personal things than to waste the valuable limited time they have protesting something. I have never seen conservative people really protest much especially if you compare it to liberal people. That's how I feel at least.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:04 AM

422 posts, read 1,271,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Notice how many Californians post on the Arizona forum: ZERO.
Really? The level of your ignorance is just getting deeper by the day.
City-Data forums are public and open to everybody, therefore, people from all over US and abroad post on AZ forum and other state's forums, as well. How many Californians do you think currently live in AZ? Did you know that our Govenor Jan Brewer was born in Hollywood, CA?

So when are you going to flee CA and move to AZ? Or are you too scared that the big bad policeman might look at you funny???LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California