Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 12:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
Eric Holder is a joke. He is not a good person to follow or rely upon. Look at how he responded to the Fort Hood Massacre. Look how he handled the New Black Panther voter intimidation case. He criticized the Arizona law before he even read it. I am sure I could go on but that is what I remembered off the top of my head.
I know we are slightly off the subject but Califoniasur started it: Holder will be gone soon I do believe, among others in the administration.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I would say going after those who give them jobs more severly. As it stands now, many are willing to risk employing illegal workers. Since that's the case the punishment needs to be much harsher. I used to work with a girl who was caught smuggling, or participated in smuggling illegals across the border. She spent about 8 months or so in jail. 8 months for smuggling! Surely I'm sure employing them has a less severe consequence. If the risk becomes too great to make it worth it, jobs will start to dry up. We know that illegals will go elsewhere if the jobs dry up. It happened during the recession.
I agree with you, one place to start is cracking down on employers who knowingly hire illegals or require so little docmumentation any idiot could come up with it. don't give automatic citizenship to babies born here. I know we have to follow the law, but maybe it is time we chnage the law.

As well as cracking down on employers, how about cracking down on families that allow their illegals relatives to live with them. I am sure there are many ways to assist those here illegally to want to return to Mexico..These are just a few ideas.

Nita

Old 06-28-2010, 01:21 PM

205 posts, read 211,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree with you, one place to start is cracking down on employers who knowingly hire illegals or require so little docmumentation any idiot could come up with it. don't give automatic citizenship to babies born here. I know we have to follow the law, but maybe it is time we chnage the law.

As well as cracking down on employers, how about cracking down on families that allow their illegals relatives to live with them. I am sure there are many ways to assist those here illegally to want to return to Mexico..These are just a few ideas.

Nita
Good Points, I can agree with this.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:27 PM

457 posts, read 1,183,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I would say going after those who give them jobs more severly. As it stands now, many are willing to risk employing illegal workers. Since that's the case the punishment needs to be much harsher. I used to work with a girl who was caught smuggling, or participated in smuggling illegals across the border. She spent about 8 months or so in jail. 8 months for smuggling! Surely I'm sure employing them has a less severe consequence. If the risk becomes too great to make it worth it, jobs will start to dry up. We know that illegals will go elsewhere if the jobs dry up. It happened during the recession.
I agree. I do not have the personal knowledge as you do with someone smuggling illegal immigrants but feel the same. I can't believe she only got 8 months but I guess given our joke of a judicial system that seems right.

I wish there were ways to go after employers who employ illegal immigrants. Of course this problem with illegal immigrants has multiple heads and probably needs to be struck at different areas to help cease the problem.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:31 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,403,081 times
Quote:

Nita

Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,356,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I yield to the U.S. attorney general; I suppose Holder hasn't read the law either!
Holder hasn't read Arizona law he criticized - Washington Times

Old 06-28-2010, 09:21 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
don't give automatic citizenship to babies born here. I know we have to follow the law, but maybe it is time we chnage the law.

Nita
Nita,

You're on the right track, but we don't even need to change the law! We need to start APPLYING THE LAW AS IT IS WRITTEN! Consider this from the 14th Amendment:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside."

Key words being, "...SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION THEREOF..." Technically, anchor babies are not even supposed to receive citizenship. What's been happening is blatant misuse and abuse of the 14th Amendment.

Here's a link with more info if you think you are interested:

Anchor babies - children born in the United States to illegal alien mothers - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION

Old 06-29-2010, 02:15 AM

422 posts, read 1,271,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post

I am a Latino and have sensitivities that you and others may not realize. Even in California with a huge Hispanic population I have experienced racism [mainly in places like Beverly Hills stores or snotty people who think that Latinos are inferior to Anglos]. So when Arizona passes a law that is viewed as prejudiced against my people I am going to react. When I began studying other laws Arizona has passed I have gotten a somewhat negative view of your state.
Are you or your parents, family members, friends etc. illegal?
Do you support drug smuggling?
Do you support Mexican drug cartels taking over parts of our parks in AZ?
Do you support AZ ranchers being murdered on their own land near the border by illegal immigrants?
Do you support rapes and kidnappings of your people?
Do you support low wages and menial jobs for your people?
Do you support illegal border jumping that results in many deaths in the middle of a hot desert?

I can go on......

If you do, then go ahead boycott AZ! That goes for you Californio Sur and any other Californian who has completely lost their humanity.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Nita,

You're on the right track, but we don't even need to change the law! We need to start APPLYING THE LAW AS IT IS WRITTEN! Consider this from the 14th Amendment:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside."

Key words being, "...SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION THEREOF..." Technically, anchor babies are not even supposed to receive citizenship. What's been happening is blatant misuse and abuse of the 14th Amendment.

Here's a link with more info if you think you are interested:

Anchor babies - children born in the United States to illegal alien mothers - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION
you are right, but like so many laws it has been twisted to fit certain situations.

Nita

Old 06-29-2010, 05:19 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,619 times
Since the companies hiring illegals are greedy enough to hire them to save a few bucks I think if they get caught they should be responsible for incarcerating them until trial, legal fees, and deportation. Only seems fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California