Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 10:09 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,400,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
You'd have to get an education first.
Whatever you say man LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 08:00 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
In other words, he's a Good 'ole Boy, Robin Hood for the rich.

Quote:
“Over three terms in office, Mr. Perry’s administration has doled out grants, tax breaks, contracts and appointments to hundreds of his most generous supporters and their businesses,” the Times reported. “And they have helped Mr. Perry raise more money than any politician in Texas history, donations that have periodically raised eyebrows but, thanks to loose campaign finance laws and a business-friendly political culture dominated in recent years by Republicans, have only fueled Mr. Perry’s ascent.”

Other analysts note that Texas – governed by Perry for the past ten years – has less-than-sterling rankings among states on high school graduation, child poverty, and relatively regressive tax laws that “redistribute income away from ordinary families and towards the richest Texans,” as the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy puts it.

Jon Huntsman vs. Rick Perry: Shoot-out at the GOP corral - CSMonitor.com
I have no plans at this time to vote for Jon Huntsman, but Im impressed by his positions in this article. Especially this bit:
"I wouldn't necessarily trust any of my opponents right now … when every single one of them would have allowed this country to default," Huntsman said on ABC. "So I have to say that there was zero leadership on display in terms of my opponents."

Seriously. How can you trust someone that would actually let our country go into default?

Sadly, there are many Psuedo-"Patriots" out there that are only patriotic when it comes to preserving and increasing the wealth of the rich.

Rick Perry being first and foremost among that lot.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:23 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,699,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

I have no plans at this time to vote for Jon Huntsman, but Im impressed by his positions in this article. Especially this bit:
"I wouldn't necessarily trust any of my opponents right now … when every single one of them would have allowed this country to default," Huntsman said on ABC. "So I have to say that there was zero leadership on display in terms of my opponents."

Seriously. How can you trust someone that would actually let our country go into default?

Sadly, there are many Psuedo-"Patriots" out there that are only patriotic when it comes to preserving and increasing the wealth of the rich.

Jon Huntsman deserves a more serious consideration as a GOP candidate than the other contenders. There are very few GOP candidates that listen to science and facts when it comes to global issues.

Perry’s global warming position hurts GOP, Huntsman says – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Huntsman is smart and a better leader than the other GOP candidates.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:43 AM

8,217 posts, read 16,708,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

I've been hoping for a moderate GOP to step up to the plate. But so far the field has been dominated by extremist tea partier element types and other clowns like Mitt Romney. So I'll look to see what Huntsman has to say.

Unfortunately the right is so polarized right now toward one side I'll be surprised if a far right candidate doesn't take the GOP convention. But if so that will make Obama's bid for a second term more likely IMO. It's harder for the entire country to pick an extremist, especially independents who can go either way. And Lord knows the right needs a sanity check and some balance for our nation right about now. I don't know if the Hill has ever been more polarized than at the present time. The gridlock is worse than traffic through downtown LA at rush hour. My way or the highway seems to be the mantra of the day.

Derek

Old 08-22-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
I've been hoping for a moderate GOP to step up to the plate. But so far the field has been dominated by extremist tea partier element types and other clowns like Mitt Romney. So I'll look to see what Huntsman has to say.

Unfortunately the right is so polarized right now toward one side I'll be surprised if a far right candidate doesn't take the GOP convention. But if so that will make Obama's bid for a second term more likely IMO. It's harder for the entire country to pick an extremist, especially independents who can go either way. And Lord knows the right needs a sanity check and some balance for our nation right about now. I don't know if the Hill has ever been more polarized than at the present time. The gridlock is worse than traffic through downtown LA at rush hour. My way or the highway seems to be the mantra of the day.

Derek

Yup. And if Jon Huntsman wants to have any chance winning the GOP nomination for presidency next year, he's gonna have to resort to demanding President Obama's birth certificate, demand no tax increase and no compromise on deals, and yell "Yee haw" like a Texan cowboy, etc. etc.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:22 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Jon Huntsman deserves a more serious consideration as a GOP candidate than the other contenders. There are very few GOP candidates that listen to science and facts when it comes to global issues.

Perry’s global warming position hurts GOP, Huntsman says – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Huntsman is smart and a better leader than the other GOP candidates.
Huntsman is a democrat in GOP clothing ... he is going nowhere.

Perry used to be a democrat so you should love him.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:25 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post

Derek
This statement is so wrong

If you think we are supposed to believe you are a moderate GOP type ... I hate to break the news but your not and probably never was.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:46 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,400,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Yup. And if Jon Huntsman wants to have any chance winning the GOP nomination for presidency next year, he's gonna have to resort to demanding President Obama's birth certificate, demand no tax increase and no compromise on deals, and yell "Yee haw" like a Texan cowboy, etc. etc.
Yep, he may be moderate now but McCain started out that way too and look what happened to him.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Huntsman is a democrat in GOP clothing ... he is going nowhere.

Perry used to be a democrat so you should love him.
Well Don, I think Jon Huntsman is really a Republican with conservative ideals who have a worldly view on things.

I learned a long time ago that the world and its issues are always evolving everyday where people must face these issues with objectivity. Jon Huntsman is an example of someone who is willing to go against the grain of the Republican party that believes global warming simply doesn't exist.

People who are beholden to one set of ideology become so rigid that they find it difficult to think outside of the box to view things from a different perspective.

As a moderate whose views always depend on the situation on hand, I happen to think that they are an example of what's wrong with America.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Yep, he may be moderate now but McCain started out that way too and look what happened to him.
But in the end, McCain was vindicated. He looks very moderate compared to the Tea Party Hobbits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California