Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 07:00 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,486,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Great article about the homeless scam .
Homelessness has become a big industry in cities like L.A.
The more spent the worse the problem has become .

“The pattern is political. And lucrative.

Social crises justify huge spending and expansions of the government. The homeless crisis is largely a problem in lefty cities where it’s heavily subsidized.”

“And that incentivizes the social welfare system and its allied activists to worsen the problem so as to squeeze more money out of taxpayers. Every budget increase means more homeless on the street, more street crime, drug use, and random abuse. Funding the system isn’t the solution, it’s the problem.

The homeless crisis is a billion dollar scam. It isn’t being solved. It’s only getting worse.”

“In Los Angeles, the billions in tax hikes going to build homeless housing are being spent on units that cost an average of $479,000 per unit. At that rate, it would take $15 billion to house all the homeless.

That’s 150% of the entire budget. And by then the population would have doubled.”

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/1...-scam-opinion/
Ditto in Seattle. These Homeless Industrial Complex organizations rake in millions of dollars and the homeless problem has escalated. Look up million dollar toilets that the city lost their butts on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 07:19 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Violent, psychopathic behaviors are often exhibited by people who are no longer stakeholders in society, such as in the case of the "Killdozer" guy who bulldozed half a town because he was on the verge of losing his home. Or Andrew Stack, who lost everything and therefore decided to fly his airplane into an IRS building in Austin, Texas.

So then, I ask, who is more likely to exhibit violent, psychopathic behaviors -- a person who has a home, family, and career, or a homeless bum who has a brain chemistry imbalance?

You have a fantastic Monday, sir.
Violent psychopathic behaviors are often exhibited by violent psychopaths. Which disorder exists in a full cross section of society. So, yes, including people who are no longer stakeholders. But well known also among deep stakeholders. Would you like a list? Infamous serial killers and mass murderers ... political tyrants ... corporate officers ... rich people as well as poor. Conversely, the vast majority of people with little to nothing do not display psychopathic behavior ... because ... they aren’t psychopaths.

The guy who has been in the news of late, who strangled his two daughters and wife ... hid the kids’ bodies in an oil tank and buried the mother in a nearby field? There’s one you can label. Experts in the field are weighing in on him now with your favorite personality defect accusation.

Psycopathy is a born personality defect. It is estimated to occur in approximately 1% of the population. Sociopathy is considered an acquired defect. It is estimated generally to occur in about another 3%. Neither are associated with socio-economic status.

The two similar conditions are over represented in a couple of interesting demographics though: about 25% of the prison population (see Sleepy’s post about what that brings to the streets when not managed) ... and ... high corporate office holders.

Another special class with high psycho-sociopath representation is: politicians:
Quote:
Research Suggests Politicians are More Likely to Be Psychopaths

Several of the characteristics that define a psychopath also correspond to the traits that make for effective leaders. For politicians, this is true

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...JUWrsL8Wzdo.99
I can think of one current candidate for the diagnosis.

That all said, homelessness can certainly create deep frustration and neurosis of several kinds. But not psychopathy or sociopathy.

You can look that up.

Your attempt to draw an equivalance is an hilariously total fail.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:27 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Geeze, lady, would you make up your mind? I thought we needed to let people out of prison, in your opinion, and now we need to put the criminals living on our streets back into prison? Pick one or the other, eh?
Exitus, Madam Sleepy is a believer in "reforms" that rehabilitate and do not punish. She wants to treat our high crime, out of control citizens and residents and treat them just like a low crime, high income, highly homogenous, non-immigrant nation like Denmark treats their criminals.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:34 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

Psycopathy is a born personality defect.
Which leads to living on the street. Ergo, living on the street is an indication of psychopathy.

Thanks for making my case for me.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:36 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Exitus, Madam Sleepy is a believer in "reforms" that rehabilitate and do not punish. She wants to treat our high crime, out of control citizens and residents and treat them just like a low crime, high income, highly homogenous, non-immigrant nation like Denmark treats their criminals.
LOL!

Thanks for once again putting a smile on my face.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:51 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Good article in daily news about the reality of the dangerous homeless .
Daily news is more honest than la times

—-
“During the Christmas season, Ashlee Gibson and her boyfriend bought about 20 blankets from the store and distributed them to homeless people up and down Ventura and Van Nuys boulevards.”

“But the 32-year-old office manager of an auto body repair shop on Dickens Street said that lately, she has grown afraid of walking down her own street, because of the erratic behavior of some of the homeless people.”

“Koester, who set up his auto body shop two decades ago, said he is concerned about what having a homeless housing nearby would do to his business. He believes more homeless people will come to the area, and that may drive away customers.”

“She was followed and approached aggressively by a woman, who tried to grab her purse. And Gibson, who is black, said that a woman came into a restaurant and shouted, “How many ‘n’ words do I have to kill to get a slice of pizza?””

http://www.dailynews.com/homeless-ho...n-sherman-oaks

Old 08-27-2018, 08:00 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Geeze, lady, would you make up your mind? I thought we needed to let people out of prison, in your opinion, and now we need to put the criminals living on our streets back into prison? Pick one or the other, eh?
I never said we need to let people out of prison and you know it. What I have said is that AB109, prop 47 and prop 57 were all passed in order to reduce the prison population in order to comply with the SCOTUS order.

I never said we need to put people on the streets back in prison, but if they commit violent felonies that is exactly where they belong. What I said is that when people are released from prison part of their parole process should involve housing, and other services as necessary - including but not limited to mental health treatment, job training and drug rehab.

But if it makes you feel good to make stuff up and claim that I said it, then by all means carry on...

Old 08-27-2018, 08:01 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Which leads to living on the street. Ergo, living on the street is an indication of psychopathy. Thanks for making my case for me.
And living on the street is also an indication of not having a place to sleep

Old 08-27-2018, 08:03 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I never said we need to let people out of prison and you know it. What I have said is that AB109, prop 47 and prop 57 were all passed in order to reduce the prison population in order to comply with the SCOTUS order.

I never said we need to put people on the streets back in prison, but if they commit violent felonies that is exactly where they belong. What I said is that when people are released from prison part of their parole process should involve housing, and other services as necessary - including but not limited to mental health treatment, job training and drug rehab.

But if it makes you feel good to make stuff up and claim that I said it, then by all means carry on...
"What I have said is that AB109, prop 47 and prop 57 were all passed in order to reduce the prison population in order to comply with the SCOTUS order. "

What a crock of malarkey.

Besides housing, and other services as necessary - including but not limited to mental health treatment, job training and drug rehab, is anything else needed? I ask because it sure sounds like a great financial deal for a criminal.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:25 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
"What I have said is that AB109, prop 47 and prop 57 were all passed in order to reduce the prison population in order to comply with the SCOTUS order. "

What a crock of malarkey.

Besides housing, and other services as necessary - including but not limited to mental health treatment, job training and drug rehab, is anything else needed? I ask because it sure sounds like a great financial deal for a criminal.
They are taking away any incentive for people to be responsible and self sufficient .
At the expense of the taxpayers .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles