Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 05:54 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times

Advertisements

Funny that we are not hearing much about our current drought situation. Still, we notice storm after storm in NorCal.

But regressives want us to mellow-yellow our toilets and shower our privates and backsides in 45 seconds in perpetuity while Sacramento places no emphasis on building more reservoirs or desalinization plants. No doubt regressives see water conservation as some sort of religious aestheticism which the climate god requires as a means of observance. Meanwhile, regressives continue to insist that we need lots more housing and ever greater density --- but we should also continue to leave that urine unflushed in the toilet. Regressives also support tons more immigration since they dare not complain about the stress all those extra millions of people place upon our fragile area.

Our water usage is back where it was pre-drought:

https://www.kqed.org/science/1921979
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 06:41 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
What’s a “regressive”? Is it a term you made up?

Sounds like you’re a person who opposes conservation and wants to dam every watershed so you can have a big lawn and a swimming pool. This from a person who flushes my toilet every time!

Old 04-15-2018, 07:00 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Where do you think the water's going to come from, for all those people moving in droves to the Bay Area, if not from conservation? It sure ain't coming form the (nonexistent) snowpack, honey!

Read it and weep:

Webcams show stark difference in California snowpack 2018 vs. 2017
https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...-2017/70003892

A good snowpack is essential for a steady water supply. Milder winters (i.e. rain instead of snow at higher elevations) mean drought in the summer and into fall.Knowing that more rain, less snow, is in our future, you're right, OP; the gang in Sac'to do need to allocate funds to increase water catchment capacity.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:05 PM

6,906 posts, read 8,279,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Funny that we are not hearing much about our current drought situation. Still, we notice storm after storm in NorCal.

But regressives want us to mellow-yellow our toilets and shower our privates and backsides in 45 seconds in perpetuity while Sacramento places no emphasis on building more reservoirs or desalinization plants. No doubt regressives see water conservation as some sort of religious aestheticism which the climate god requires as a means of observance. Meanwhile, regressives continue to insist that we need lots more housing and ever greater density --- but we should also continue to leave that urine unflushed in the toilet. Regressives also support tons more immigration since they dare not complain about the stress all those extra millions of people place upon our fragile area.

Our water usage is back where it was pre-drought:

https://www.kqed.org/science/1921979
It's always best to use the water that naturally occurs where you live. If your natural watershed and rivers can't sustain your population perhaps you can turn to another source which naturally occurs where you live -- the Ocean. Carlsbad, CA is using the water closet to them to sustain themselves with a desalinization plant. Maybe Orange County can follow Carlsbad's lead and use the water that is within 5-10 miles of the population to sustain themselves.

It doesn't seem fair to steal fresh water from where it naturally occurs and take it from hundreds or thousands of miles away from where it naturally occurs. There are huge environmental consequences when you transport water to a place for which it does not naturally occur.

Last edited by Chimérique; 04-15-2018 at 08:13 PM..

Old 04-15-2018, 07:09 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
I see the OP is in Orange County. There was normal or likely less rain this year. Democrats let our rain water run out to the sea instead of trying to save it.
I'm reading the Metropolitan Water District wants to charge us for the billions for the tunnel up north under the Delta to bring water down here. If your 50 or older you'll be dead before you get to use a drop of that water. Make the people who use it pay for it, not us.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
What’s a “regressive”? Is it a term you made up?

Sounds like you’re a person who opposes conservation and wants to dam every watershed so you can have a big lawn and a swimming pool. This from a person who flushes my toilet every time!
No, I did not make it up. It sums up a mentally that wants people to save in perpetuity whilst doing nothing to enhance SUPPLY.

Yes, I have a pool and yes I have a large lot. Is that ok with you? I saved water throughout the drought and continue to do so. I am just under my local allotment.

I resent being told I need to save still more...and to do so forever when:

* There is still a giant immigration wave of legal immigrants many of whom want to live in arid places like SoCal.
* Authorities continue to want to build and are in fact building huge apartment complexes.
* Sacramento is letting water escape due to insufficient capacity.
* I see no action on the part of Sacramento to work with localities to build desalinization to augment our supply.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:09 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
It's all Obama's fault. No wait, Hilary. No wait, Obama.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
It's all Obama's fault. No wait, Hilary (sic). No wait, Obama.
No wait, Sacramento.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:26 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
No, I did not make it up. It sums up a mentally that wants people to save in perpetuity whilst doing nothing to enhance SUPPLY.

Yes, I have a pool and yes I have a large lot. Is that ok with you? I saved water throughout the drought and continue to do so. I am just under my local allotment.

I resent being told I need to save still more...and to do so forever when:

* There is still a giant immigration wave of legal immigrants many of whom want to live in arid places like SoCal.
* Authorities continue to want to build and are in fact building huge apartment complexes.
* Sacramento is letting water escape due to insufficient capacity.
* I see no action on the part of Sacramento to work with localities to build desalinization to augment our supply.
Supply without doing anything about comsuption is like not caring about our gas supply and complaining about $$$$ per gallon and driving an 8mpg SUV and not giving a crap. Makes no sense to drill more oil wells if we aren’t we aren’t going to stretch a finite resource. Like water.

Lose the huge lawn and the pool, then talk about about water. Unless you are ok about being part of the problem. Why should CA spend Billions so you can have a nice lawn?

In case you don’t remember you started this thread. And yes I am being harsh.

Last edited by Mr5150; 04-15-2018 at 09:34 PM..

Old 04-15-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Supply without doing anything about comsuption is like not caring about our gas supply and driving an 8mpg SUV and not giving a crap. Makes no sense to drill more oil wells if we aren’t we aren’t going to stretch a finite resource.

Lose the lawn and the pool, then talk about about water. Unless you are ok about being part of the problem.
Pools don't use a lot of water. I have a water efficient yard. I explained to you that I am a relative water saver. Anything else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California