Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 09:10 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Sales are down but prices aren't so once this virus passes, it will be business as usual. Lack of affordable housing will be the hot topic instead of this virus.
Do not think for a second that economy going to return to the way it was prior to shelter in place. We are a good year before all restrictions in California is gone. Basically prices have one place to go and that is down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 09:16 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Do not think for a second that economy going to return to the way it was prior to shelter in place. We are a good year before all restrictions in California is gone. Basically prices have one place to go and that is down.
Where did I say that the economy would be back to normal. I said ... it will be business as usual. Lack of affordable housing will be the hot topic instead of this virus.

Please read more carefully before posting.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Where did I say that the economy would be back to normal. I said ... it will be business as usual. Lack of affordable housing will be the hot topic instead of this virus.

Please read more carefully before posting.
Lack of affordable housing tells me that prices on housing will not drop, that is just wrong.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:23 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
When it comes to the housing market, best thing to do is wait and see....and maybe sell if people are still willing to pay today's prices, because it looks like we might be in this for the long haul....

Expert report predicts up to two more years of pandemic misery

Quote:
(CNN)The new coronavirus is likely to keep spreading for at least another 18 months to two years—until 60% to 70% of the population has been infected, a team of longstanding pandemic experts predicted in a report released Thursday.

...They recommended that the US prepare for a worst-case scenario that includes a second big wave of coronavirus infections in the fall and winter.

...They said government officials should stop telling people the pandemic could be ending and instead prepare citizens for a long haul.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/healt...ars/index.html

Old 05-02-2020, 04:36 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,577,764 times
When a Realtor tells you not to buy a house... buy a house. Realtors are always wrong.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
When a Realtor tells you not to buy a house... buy a house. Realtors are always wrong.
Go ahead and buy a house now assuming you can get a loan and enjoy your home equity dropping under water.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:39 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
When was the last time you heard a agent say No Bob you don’t want to buy a house. It’s always a good time to buy a house. Lots of people pulled their listings due to the market. That made even less properties available for sale. Once we get back in the saddle I don’t see any reason for the economy not to get going again.

The biggest unknown is are the shoppers gonna c9me back out and spend. Businesses will call their people back. The ones who refuse will lose their unemployment benefits.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
When was the last time you heard a agent say No Bob you don’t want to buy a house. It’s always a good time to buy a house. Lots of people pulled their listings due to the market. That made even less properties available for sale. Once we get back in the saddle I don’t see any reason for the economy not to get going again.

The biggest unknown is are the shoppers gonna c9me back out and spend. Businesses will call their people back. The ones who refuse will lose their unemployment benefits.

You think that economy is going to restart like it was some major holiday? Even those business that are reopening, are not opening at full capacity. Basically we are very far from economy really going again. Sure people will start going out and getting essential thing like a haircut but it's like before.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:26 PM

2,922 posts, read 2,011,856 times
Anything tourism heavy is going to get gutted.
To give you peak of what's coming, they're predicting that half of the airlines will be going under soon! This recession has just begun, ppl. Put your seatbelts on and get ready for a wild ride.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:57 PM

301 posts, read 164,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I’m selling my condo now. I have 2 showings today those will be the 6th and 7th showings in 10 days. I also have 2300 views and 112 saves on Zillow. If it doesn’t sell this month I’m sure it will next month when restrictions are lifted.
Any updates to post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California