Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2020, 02:41 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, as I have said numerous times: then the general population would be stupidly acting like thoughtless, petulant little children. Mistakes made by leadership are not excuses for stupid behavior in response. If it’s stupid and wrong to go to a dinner party - then nobody should do it ... whether the governor does it or not.

I don’t see Newsom’s faux pas as “asking the general population to give you the big middle finger on not mixing households during the holidays.” I see it as Newsom betraying himself as the shallow arrogant asshat he has always been. Color me unsurprised.

That said, he’s not been doing a bad job as governor so far despite being an asshat in his personal life.

Btw, didn’t Pelosi cancel the state dinner?
Yes, Pelosi cancelled the dinner and made it box lunches after she was caught. When you catch people doing stupid things like that, it’s not likely the first time they did it, it’s the first time (second for Pelosi) they were caught.

We already have people refusing to wear masks because of stupid leadership examples (*cough, Trump, *cough), we don’t need California leadership giving the same example.

There are people, including me, that think the response was way overdone, unnecessary and could have been targeted instead of broad brushing the whole state. Actions like this just fan those flames.

I think Newsom did a very good job at first, then crashed and burned.

Old 11-16-2020, 04:25 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Mistakes made by leadership are not excuses for stupid behavior in response. If it’s stupid and wrong to go to a dinner party - then nobody should do it ... whether the governor does it or not.
Amen to that.

“Do it by Zoom,” New York Times science reporter Donald G. McNeil Jr. reminds us. His advice for this holiday’s celebration: Keep the family together by keeping it apart. “Don’t let Junior come home and kill Grandma.

Think of this like World War II—our soldiers didn’t get to fly home to eat turkey.”

WHAT HISTORY TELLS US ABOUT THANKSGIVING IN TOUGH TIMES:
https://nationalgeographic.com

Old 11-16-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Amen to that.

“Do it by Zoom,” New York Times science reporter Donald G. McNeil Jr. reminds us. His advice for this holiday’s celebration: Keep the family together by keeping it apart. “Don’t let Junior come home and kill Grandma.

Think of this like World War II—our soldiers didn’t get to fly home to eat turkey.”

WHAT HISTORY TELLS US ABOUT THANKSGIVING IN TOUGH TIMES:
https://nationalgeographic.com
Many people are not going to do that.

I know of one church in California that’s going forward with their annual Christmas production. If what they say on their website is true, they’ve sold 1,000 tickets so far.

Old 11-16-2020, 05:10 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,643,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I know of one church in California that’s going forward with their annual Christmas production. If what they say on their website is true, they’ve sold 1,000 tickets so far.
That's brave yet so dangerous and is why the Coronavirus keeps spreading!

Old 11-16-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Yes, Pelosi cancelled the dinner and made it box lunches after she was caught.

I think Newsom did a very good job at first, then crashed and burned.
Even government people are sick of being isolated.

I think Governor Newsom is doing an okay job. At least he's following data. Purple tier is businesses open at 25% capacity or with restrictions, so some customers is better than no customers and this is the most balanced way to handle it.

Old 11-16-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I doubt it would have the effect the alleged numbers are showing. Plus, once again, we’re being scolded for not wearing masks and social distancing, which is causing the surge. But flu? Nope. I personally don’t believe the numbers anymore. They don’t make sense.

Once this is over, the majority of people aren’t going to mask up and social distance every year for flu season like we are now.
I know the CDC reported flu cases were down from last year. Why won't the news report this? They also have data from Sept. and Oct. already. They must be down.

People aren't wearing masks and social distancing now, so they definitely won't do it once life gets back to normal! Heck no.

Old 11-16-2020, 05:38 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,281,603 times
Quote:

Darwinism

Old 11-16-2020, 05:41 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Fortunately, many people are adhering to Thanksgiving travel recommendations.

Amazing difference between air travel this year vs last year.

https://newsroom.aaa.com/2020/11/few...amid-pandemic/

Old 11-16-2020, 05:55 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,281,603 times
Quote:

True, most are heeding the health recommendations. Unfortunately, its that other 25% (more or less) that's causing all of this uncontrolled spread in our community. It is why we're now purple tier in most counties and why we may have another statewide curfew or shutdown.

Old 11-16-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:

I meant locally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California