Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2022, 04:52 PM

995 posts, read 510,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I'm not actively seeking out any opinions from experts. This situation isn't very complicated - use the medical basics (e.g., vaccines), interact less (especially indoors and unmasked), better safe than sorry.
That's you. You're totally free to interact less and wear a good mask around others. That's never been an issue. The issue is you and others like you who insist that people who don't wish to follow covid protocol are somehow "selfish." That's what grinds my gears, and that's what keeps me coming back to the California threads on covid.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:15 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Not the best article on Long-Covid - for example, defined how? -, but it's the one with the nationwide and state estimates.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/long-...190300358.html
Add fatigued employees to the list of reasons why the work world likely will give in to remote work.

Also, an article about geographic poverty and disparity in deaths, so we know who probably hasn't seen severe cases up close and thinks it's not a big deal.
https://lailluminator.com/2022/04/05...es-nationwide/

Old 04-05-2022, 01:25 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
"Unlike vaccines for diseases such as measles, polio and diphtheria, the ones available now for COVID-19 don’t produce lifelong immunity. Nor does a past infection, even a really bad one. And considering that the coronavirus has established itself in animals including ferrets and white-tailed deer, the threat of resurgence will always be with us, Osterholm and two colleagues explained in a recent edition of the Journal of the American Medical Assn."

How many COVID deaths are ‘acceptable’? Answer is key to moving to a post-pandemic world:
https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...eptable-deaths

Old 04-05-2022, 07:15 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Because that link probably wouldn't say "much" less severe. And it definitely doesn't refer to the more relevant BA.2, which is widely believed to be at least as potent. The CDC is playing games - not explicitly lying, but generally understating risks. The CDC has spent the past 2 years destroying its own scientific credibility, the return-to-work guidance being one of the most blatant examples.
Let's stay locked forever. </sarcasm>It hasn't changed anything in the last two years; why would another two help more?
Quote:
If that's the CDC's comparison, it's a dishonest one. Of course early pandemic mortality was higher. There was no vaccine, and doctors hardly knew how to handle bad cases. It is too soon for any conclusive study about the mortality of BA.2.
So lock down in the interim? We won't know until the wave recedes after all.

Old 04-05-2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ask anyone who was doubled vaxxed, boosted, wearing a mask that got covid if they believe the masks worked. If they said yes they are lying. Blaming the unmasked and unvaxxed is just a scapegoat that helps them mentally deal with it now.
Lying, or stupid (the masker that is).

Old 04-05-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Frankly, I am at the point where I could care less.......it seems to go on and on arguing here and elsewhere over a mask.....something that I saw a just a minor inconvenience and a bit of a hassle at first to find quality masks available at a decent price. Next time I am at UCSF Medical Center, perhaps I should inquire why the need to wear a mask since COVID will supposedly blow right through it like a knife throw butter......
I meant to rep this post; I screwed up because of a quotation not closed off.

Old 04-06-2022, 09:01 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
"California lately has been hovering around 2,800 cases a day, or about 50 a week for every 100,000 residents — on the edge between moderate and substantial transmission. The rate is higher than what was recorded before last summer’s Delta wave — fewer than 1,000 cases a day.

The U.S. government has launched a “Test to Treat” program, allowing people to get tested and get free anti-COVID pills at the same location, such as a pharmacy or clinic, as long as staff can either conduct a coronavirus test or evaluate an at-home test result and have on-site healthcare providers who can assess the patient."

Coronavirus cases are rising again in L.A., San Diego and San Francisco:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...r-from-certain

Old 04-06-2022, 10:37 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Test to Treat seems to be a rather underfunded failure. Even if people knew about it and enough doses were available, most infected people would not be eligible to receive them and it's unknown whether the medication at all lessens severity in ordinary cases or reduces the risk of long-Covid.

Moving on, for people who say the pandemic is over for the vaccinated, why this talk from the FDA?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-fda-say...133106704.html

Old 04-06-2022, 06:31 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Lying, or stupid (the masker that is).
First concert, mask free, no stupid vax card is friday. Here we go!!!!!

Old 04-06-2022, 09:39 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,746,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
First concert, mask free, no stupid vax card is friday. Here we go!!!!!
Damn, just now? Where you been? Went to garth three weeks ago. Who u seeing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California