Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2021, 11:24 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Yes. That's what makes it that much more ironic.
It goes like this: We just don't know much about yadda-yadda.... but here are three more links about yadda-yadda I found that validates my belief.

Also, in two of those links alone, it's mentioned that post-viral effects of viruses are indeed well known which leads one to conclude that the refrain in question ("we don't know enough...") isn't actually true. Even Fauci is quoted in the first one saying something to that effect. I mentioned that already.

The other thing worth noting here is that this is the same refrain being used by people to rationalize their resistance to getting vaccinated: We don't know the long term side-effects of the vaccine yadda-yadda.
That is not a fair comparison at all. As far as I know, vaccines without live virus have never caused problems that didn't arise very quickly. Post-viral effects of COVID-19 simply haven't been studied long enough to know, for example, what percentage of organ damage (which rarely is screened for) is gone in 2 years and what percentage of people still have any damage or symptoms from the virus at that point and also what are risk factors for that (some known now, like female and young, are much too broad to help anything). Researchers sure as heck didn't know everything polio could do in less than 2 years. The position of people like me is reasonable unless we're talking 5-10 years to be safe.

Old 10-24-2021, 11:40 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Yes. That's what makes it that much more ironic.
It goes like this: We just don't know much about yadda-yadda.... but here are three more links about yadda-yadda I found that validates my belief.

Also, in two of those links alone, it's mentioned that post-viral effects of viruses are indeed well known which leads one to conclude that the refrain in question ("we don't know enough...") isn't actually true. Even Fauci is quoted in the first one saying something to that effect. I mentioned that already.

The other thing worth noting here is that this is the same refrain being used by people to rationalize their resistance to getting vaccinated: We don't know the long term side-effects of the vaccine yadda-yadda.
While you are laser focused on long term effects from the vaccine, maybe you should read this, it's about t a covid infection causing long term damage to the pancreas (possibly including pancreatic cancer) or maybe this is just yadda-yadda too?

Quote:
In addition to driving new cases of diabetes, the virus may be directly damaging the pancreas in ways that could lead to chronic inflammation and even cancer. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...g-the-pancreas

Old 10-24-2021, 12:37 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,673,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You and I certainly have different takes on CA4Now’s postings. I find her contributions good reminders for others to consider as many posters FLOOD these threads with bs home-brewed analyses. She could link a hundred stories and still not accomplish enough ‘balance’ to make her / my point that unqualified, amateur assumptions here are ridiculously out of control.

I’ll also point out that I haven't read CA4Now actually argue anything faux-analytically. All I see from her are interesting contributions of information from credible sources [other than herself] to muse over and consider. Yes, one can glean her personal positions. But they aren’t preached with any ideological OCD, nor as if she thinks of herself as any Madame Currie.
Yeah contributions that only support one narrative and if you post anything to the contrary then the source is automatically questioned/dismissed.

Old 10-24-2021, 01:06 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yeah contributions that only support one narrative and if you post anything to the contrary then the source is automatically questioned/dismissed.
Unlike the posts of the ranters?

But beyond that, no … I have read a variety of information from CA4Now postings that represent views from opposing angles … the common thread being: all credible sources … nothing fringe.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Unlike the posts of the ranters?

But beyond that, no … I have read a variety of information from CA4Now postings that represent views from opposing angles … the common thread being: all credible sources … nothing fringe.
No just like them.

Yeah a variety of sources for the same exact narrative.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:14 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
No just like them.

Yeah a variety of sources for the same exact narrative.
Lol. Like your postings as well as everyone else’s here, bub.

And no, not the “same narrative.” I have numerous times read CA4Now contributions that present new, differing views on links she had previously provided.

You have a personal dislike going here. I have differed with CA4Now on some topics, but always been particularly aware of how little she engages argumentatively with those she disagrees with compared to - oh say, you and I. Her posts are quite brief and mostly consist of links to credibly sourced, on-topic information she thinks are relevant and interesting. The subsuming is left to the readers with almost no commentary from her. She is quite unique in this posting style on the forum. Give it a rest.

Old 10-25-2021, 05:54 AM

26,747 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Yes!

How did California go from COVID-19 epicenter to lowest statewide transmission rate?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ate/ar-AAPU4V1

Old 10-25-2021, 08:47 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,824,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Yes!

How did California go from COVID-19 epicenter to lowest statewide transmission rate?
Good job- I was going to post this info! I'm not going to bother posting in the LA forum re LAPD and LAFD vaccinations. The retired NYPD cop doesn't believe anything that fits his narrative so why bother.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Lol. Like your postings as well as everyone else’s here, bub.

And no, not the “same narrative.” I have numerous times read CA4Now contributions that present new, differing views on links she had previously provided.

You have a personal dislike going here. I have differed with CA4Now on some topics, but always been particularly aware of how little she engages argumentatively with those she disagrees with compared to - oh say, you and I. Her posts are quite brief and mostly consist of links to credibly sourced, on-topic information she thinks are relevant and interesting. The subsuming is left to the readers with almost no commentary from her. She is quite unique in this posting style on the forum. Give it a rest.
Of course, got to provide some balance.

Maybe on some other topics, certainly not this one.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Yes!

I don't get how CA has the "lowest statewide transmission" when 8 other states have lower 14-day case rates including Florida (currently the lowest in the nation according to the NYT) and Louisiana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California