Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2022, 02:38 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times

Advertisements

Something I've become more acutely aware of now after two years of this. As it pertains to the vaccine, it's no longer the unvaccinated that are solely responsible for infecting people. The vaccinated are passing it along, too. So everyone has the same responsibility of doing what they can to stop the spread. Time for the vaccinated to get off their high horse.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:39 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
You call them hypochondriacs. I call it basic consideration for your fellow human being by reducing the spread in the community. Obviously, you don't care about anyone besides yourself, so I'm not surprised at all.
You can keep deluding yourself with that but have shown you don't care about people's livelihoods and mental health in the past plenty. With omicron I don't get how anyone reasonable person can think they can even significantly reduce community spread at this point. Clearly nothing is working anywhere. It's going to keep spreading and you'll get it at some point if you haven't already, just accept it and move on with your life already, assuming you even want to.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Something I've become more acutely aware of now after two years of this. As it pertains to the vaccine, it's no longer the unvaccinated that are solely responsible for infecting people. The vaccinated are passing it along, too. So everyone has the same responsibility of doing what they can to stop the spread. Time for the vaccinated to get off their high horse.
Agreed but these types get off waving their little finger on their soap box. It's pretty funny they are running out of excuses (vaccinations, mandates, Trump, etc..) to go after others. They don't want this pandemic to end.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Agreed but these types get off waving their little finger on their soap box. It's pretty funny they are running out of excuses (vaccinations, mandates, Trump, etc..) to go after others. They don't want this pandemic to end.
The powers that be have managed to scare people so much that those coming down with seasonal allergies or a simple rhinovirus (common cold) are running to the emergency rooms. That's fear driving them. And the government and daily reminders on new channels (and people watching incessantly) keep it up. You mentioned mental health and that's also a very important factor. What this has done to the mind of a normally reasonable person is beyond belief.

Attacking and hitting airline personnel on planes, escalation in shootings, muggings, smash and grabs, Etc. isn't due to any softening on crime, it's that people are going nuts. I don't know when it will end or how it will end but I would love to see people get a handle on their emotions. If they don't, this isn't going to end well.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:57 PM

And just how are we supposed to shut the virus down when this continues to happen?

https://www.kcra.com/article/cruise-...=snd-autopilot

Quote:
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is investigating a cruise ship that docked in San Francisco on Thursday after a dozen vaccinated passengers tested positive for coronavirus.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:32 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Yeah because they are being told to stay home not because they need to.

Then the vulnerable should be taking extra precautions just as they should or were doing before. No reason for every healthy person to do the same exact thing.
I expect them to take extra precautions. What do they have available that the rest of us don't? Access to some treatments, and probably nothing else.

People regardless of baseline health status of course should stay home if infected and contagious. Not just to not spread it, but because asymptomatic is not predictable. Sometimes it's really just presymptomatic. That makes them unpredictable in their abilities, which isn't good for employers. Plus, even before the pandemic, overtly sick people make peers anxious, and people generally recover faster from illness if allowed to rest.

Also, how many times must I point out that COVID-19 is much more contagious and persistent through the year than the flu? Society functions fine during flu season (unless it's some vaccine-evading version that luckily doesn't happen), and then the vulnerable have to deal with their raised risk on their own.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I expect them to take extra precautions. What do they have available that the rest of us don't? Access to some treatments, and probably nothing else.

People regardless of baseline health status of course should stay home if infected and contagious. Not just to not spread it, but because asymptomatic is not predictable. Sometimes it's really just presymptomatic. That makes them unpredictable in their abilities, which isn't good for employers. Plus, even before the pandemic, overtly sick people make peers anxious, and people generally recover faster from illness if allowed to rest.

Also, how many times must I point out that COVID-19 is much more contagious and persistent through the year than the flu? Society functions fine during flu season (unless it's some vaccine-evading version that luckily doesn't happen), and then the vulnerable have to deal with their raised risk on their own.
Then they should stay home once they start developing symptoms like people did before with most viruses/infections. Now we just have a bunch of people without any symptoms using up scarce tests and keeping them from people that actually need it. And yet they still delude themselves into thinking testing without any symptoms means they are "caring about others" lol. These same hypochondriacs are clogging up ER's unnecessarily too.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:57 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
You can keep deluding yourself with that but have shown you don't care about people's livelihoods and mental health in the past plenty. With omicron I don't get how anyone reasonable person can think they can even significantly reduce community spread at this point. Clearly nothing is working anywhere. It's going to keep spreading and you'll get it at some point if you haven't already, just accept it and move on with your life already, assuming you even want to.
KN95 masks work, yet you complain about having to wear them. Again, your actions are really what's causing more prolonged pain for business owners.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
KN95 masks work, yet you complain about having to wear them. Again, your actions are really what's causing more prolonged pain for business owners.
Are you going to force every American to wear a KN95 or something? Assuming there are even enough. Also just because something theoretically works in a lab doesn't mean the same results will translate into the real world. And what actions are those exactly? You're just as likely to spread the virus as I am. And you're the type that supports all this unnecessary testing of asymptomatic people keeping them in short supply from people who really need it.

Don't forget about that booster that is keeping shots out of other people's arms....

Old 01-06-2022, 04:19 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Are you going to force every American to wear a KN95 or something? Assuming there are even enough. Also just because something theoretically works in a lab doesn't mean the same results will translate into the real world. And what actions are those exactly? You're just as likely to spread the virus as I am. And you're the type that supports all this unnecessary testing of asymptomatic people keeping them in short supply from people who really need it.

Don't forget about that booster that is keeping shots out of other people's arms....
Keep coming up with excuses as to why this can't be done, rather than trying to solve a problem. Guess what, things won't get any better with this type of attitude.

If you would stop living in your Republican "do-nothing" bubble, you might actually be able to be part of the solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California