Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2022, 09:06 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Not a whole lot surprising here:

Covid and the ‘Very Liberal’

The left-right divide over Covid-19 — with blue America taking the virus more seriously than red America — has never been the pandemic’s only political divide. Each partisan tribe has also had its internal disagreements.

Republicans have long been split over vaccination, with many eagerly getting shots while many others refuse. Democrats have their own growing schism, between those who believe Covid precautions should continue to be paramount and those who favor moves toward normalcy.

The key dividing line appears to be ideology. Americans who identify as “very liberal” are much more worried about Covid than Americans who identify as “somewhat liberal” or “liberal.” Increasingly, the very liberal look like outliers on Covid: The merely liberal are sometimes closer to moderates than to the very liberal.
Any persons ‘identifying’ themselves by ideologies are already short four tines on their forks to begin with … let alone letting their stupid ideologies craft their personal strategies for healthy living.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:12 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Any persons ‘identifying’ themselves by ideologies are already short four tines on their forks to begin with … let alone letting their stupid ideologies craft their personal strategies for healthy living.
Both oars in the water is my favorite

Old 03-21-2022, 07:45 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Any persons ‘identifying’ themselves by ideologies are already short four tines on their forks to begin with …
LOL...so true. I'm surprised that the N.Y. Times would print that article.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:03 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
LOL...so true. I'm surprised that the N.Y. Times would print that article.
This is exactly the kind of the article the NY Times writes so shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:30 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Santa Clara County is insane. Fining restaurant for a patron having their mask off LOL.

South Bay business owners cry foul against county fines from COVID lockdown days

The county began assessing fines in 2020 for non-compliance with COVID health orders. The court could force the six hold outs to pay the county from over $13,000 to just under $3 million.

The owner of the Crafthouse Bar and Grill in Sunnyvale said a county enforcement officer cited him because a patron was maskless. His current penalties are nearly six-times the initial fine.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:35 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
I've shifted into punishing stores that don't even make their employees wear face masks and avoid shopping there unless there's something very specific that I almost need to buy. Also, I wonder if the state government has any plan to smartly use its budget surplus to fund better ventilation for small private businesses. I suggest covering some of the cost plus interest-free loans. Improved air in school, too, that's maybe most important of all.

Old 03-24-2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I've shifted into punishing stores that don't even make their employees wear face masks and avoid shopping there unless there's something very specific that I almost need to buy. Also, I wonder if the state government has any plan to smartly use its budget surplus to fund better ventilation for small private businesses. I suggest covering some of the cost plus interest-free loans. Improved air in school, too, that's maybe most important of all.
I’m sure they are crushed …

Old 03-24-2022, 08:02 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Quote:
I’m sure they are crushed …
They're doing just fine, strictly because I personally make an effort to patronize those specific vendors twice as hard. So it all evens out!

Old 03-24-2022, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
They're doing just fine, strictly because I personally make an effort to patronize those specific vendors twice as hard. So it all evens out!
It takes a village …

Old 03-24-2022, 09:25 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Pro-virus and at times openly pro-death. The only explanation that makes sense is a self-disciplined version of sociopathy. It is what it is (probably born that way and won't change), but people can choose to disagree with positions endorsed by clinical sociopaths, because they're seldom in the world's best interests.

As a long-time customer, I'll talk with a local business about masking if I see an opening. If enough people were to do that.... Ultimately, it probably will come down to Cal-OSHA.

I saw this mentioned, in a TV PSA, for the first time tonight.
https://voicesoflongcovid.org/

Of course I don't fully trust the depictions - who gets complications is never very random - but the more virus going around, the more people get permanently damaged by it, which is bad for society and a reason for the campaign. What bothers me the most is the vaccine is presented as a solution. The reality is it's not very reliable at preventing long-Covid, but it does seem to significantly reduce the chance of the condition and probably severity.

People who have the normal, feeling fear of illness and death and not just a sociopath's intolerance of boredom (or something like that - I'm not one and haven't read a ton on the subject) should be careful out there.

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-24-2022 at 09:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California