Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2022, 11:46 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
I agree, but people aren't rational.

I love having food service workers not sneeze or blow spittle in my food and drink. However, I can totally see the majority of idiots out there paying more to slorp up other people's germs over some political BS.

Asians learned from the SARS epidemic and their food service workers have worn surgical masks since 2004. I predict we are not smart or clean enough to follow their example.
Hell I would just be happy if that guy at the pizza place with a giant beard just wear a hair net over his beard. I don’t want those pubes ending up in my pizza.

Old 03-26-2022, 12:22 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
People are welcome to say here, on Facebook, or elsewhere that they'd welcome Cal-OSHA mandating N95 face masks for more workers who interact with the public, perhaps tied to local case counts for some workplaces. If it gets the sense the public wants that, it probably will do that, over predictable business objections. Although it's really the media that should be, say, doing phone surveys on worker masking. It's two years of this and I don't think deep down many individuals like the virus being widespread even if they say they're not scared - let's identify tactics that most people can agree on.

Old 03-26-2022, 06:24 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
You're free like everyone to wear masks I guess, and an N95 may help but it will only be a fraction as useful for you as a healthcare worker that had them fit tested and is forced to shave for work. But don't make everyone else wear them--as you can see "eliminating covid " is impossible anywhere and slightly reducing your chances only delays the inevitable with a disease that most likely is a permanent fixture of the human existance.
I couldn't agree more. I went to synagogue last night, where everyone or virtually everyone was vaccinated. About one-third were wearing masks anyway. At work, one of the secretaries wanted me to wear a mask because I had a cold (got tested and was negative) last week. Some people are dedicated to organizing their lives around Covid, particularly if they don't have much else going on in their lives, as is the case with that secretary.

Old 03-26-2022, 08:53 AM

Willful ignorance? Flock, shepherd behavior, because congregants everywhere tend to be old and older immune systems tend not to respond well to vaccines, meaning breakthrough cases are much more likely. Plus, at-home testing - if that's what it was - occasionally misses positive cases. Even before the pandemic, I was advised to stay away from gatherings with rather high-risk people if feeling at all ill.

This situation is showing how much people know and how much they care, and I'm very disappointed.

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-26-2022 at 09:03 AM..

Old 03-26-2022, 03:45 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I couldn't agree more. I went to synagogue last night, where everyone or virtually everyone was vaccinated. About one-third were wearing masks anyway. At work, one of the secretaries wanted me to wear a mask because I had a cold (got tested and was negative) last week. Some people are dedicated to organizing their lives around Covid, particularly if they don't have much else going on in their lives, as is the case with that secretary.
San Diego has returned to normal. I know of not one place that even asks anyone to wear a mask. It took two years but we got here.

If people want to still be terrified and bunker up I have no problem with it. It keeps them out of the stores. I hate lines.

I couldn't find a mask around the house if I wanted to. I didn't have to wear one at two different doctor visits.

Old 03-26-2022, 09:27 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
San Diego has returned to normal. I know of not one place that even asks anyone to wear a mask. It took two years but we got here.

If people want to still be terrified and bunker up I have no problem with it. It keeps them out of the stores. I hate lines.

I couldn't find a mask around the house if I wanted to. I didn't have to wear one at two different doctor visits.
Westchester County has been relatively relaxed but you still see obedient, guilt-tripping people walking around outside with a diaper on their face.

Old 03-29-2022, 04:57 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Looks like their Labor Unions masters told them "NO". "Follow the Science" LOL

East Bay legislator pauses California vaccine mandate bill for businesses

Legislation that would have required all California businesses to vaccinate their employees and contractors against COVID-19 was put on hold Tuesday by the bill’s sponsor, Assembly Member Buffy Wicks, D-Oakland.

In a series of tweets sent out Tuesday afternoon, Wicks explained that she was holding AB1993, which she introduced in February, in order to allow for negotiations with public safety unions and others who came out in opposition to the bill.

Old 03-29-2022, 06:44 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
It's a clown show at this point.

Old 03-30-2022, 12:16 AM

That people insist it's over is the very unfunny part of the "clown show."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fauci-ame...174225833.html

Old 03-30-2022, 01:49 AM

4,322 posts, read 6,283,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That people insist it's over is the very unfunny part of the "clown show."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fauci-ame...174225833.html
We better hope that we don't get a more severe variant. With the way people are being casual about not wearing masks and foregoing the vaccine (or even a booster), it's a ticking time bomb.

Perhaps some of the others on here are right. You can't fix stupid. You can only protect yourself and hope for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California