Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2022, 02:36 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Covid is very SCARY!!!
Definitely. I'm going to try to go out for a swim but I'm shaking with fear.

Old 06-24-2022, 03:33 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
My wife just sent me an email update from our daughters upcoming girl scout camp, it's insane what they are making children do. And I canceled our 4th of July trip to Yosemite so she could go. This is the type of stuff that makes me want to move out of CA. Cases aren't even spiking in the area anymore and they're acting like it's summer 2020 or something.

Hello Camper Families,
As you may know, Covid-19 cases are spiking across our region. In order to keep our staff and campers safe, we are making the following updates to our procedures at camp.
1) Testing: Everyone must bring a negative PCR test result with them to camp. This test must be administered within 72 hours of drop-off.

· After arrival, the entire camp is tested via rapid test on the third day of each camp session.
2) Pack Two Rapid Tests: Please send your camper to camp with 2-3 rapid tests. We will collect them at the bus stop. Because we are seeing lots of “delayed positives”, we anticipate a few rounds of testing will be held at camp. It is difficult to source tests in bulk, but there are many options for households to receive free tests. With your support, we can make sure that our camps have enough tests to enact protocols to keep everyone safe.

3) Mask Wearing: All campers and staff will wear masks for the first 72 hours of each camp session, except when eating, swimming, or drinking. Masking rules will only be lifted if all campers and staff test negative on the 3rd day of camp; otherwise, we will continue wearing them.
· Masks must always be worn in camp busses and vans.

4) Modified Cohorts: Campers will participate in activities as closed units. A fully enclosed “bubble” will not be possible, but crossover between groups will be limited to socially distanced and masked activities.
· Units will be sat together at mealtimes, and will eat outdoors.
· Units will be sat together at any camp-wide activities or events (such as campfires).
· Units will not share activity areas with other units.
Please review the attached guide for further details, including camp’s response plan for if someone does test positive at camp.
We strongly recommend masking and staying home as much as possible in the week leading up to your camp session. We don’t want any campers to miss out due to testing positive before arrival, and recommend taking precautions at home to ensure your camper will be able to attend.

Old 06-24-2022, 03:48 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
My wife just sent me an email update from our daughters upcoming girl scout camp, it's insane what they are making children do. And I canceled our 4th of July trip to Yosemite so she could go. This is the type of stuff that makes me want to move out of CA. Cases aren't even spiking in the area anymore and they're acting like it's summer 2020 or something.

Hello Camper Families,
As you may know, Covid-19 cases are spiking across our region. In order to keep our staff and campers safe, we are making the following updates to our procedures at camp.
1) Testing: Everyone must bring a negative PCR test result with them to camp. This test must be administered within 72 hours of drop-off.

· After arrival, the entire camp is tested via rapid test on the third day of each camp session.
2) Pack Two Rapid Tests: Please send your camper to camp with 2-3 rapid tests. We will collect them at the bus stop. Because we are seeing lots of “delayed positives”, we anticipate a few rounds of testing will be held at camp. It is difficult to source tests in bulk, but there are many options for households to receive free tests. With your support, we can make sure that our camps have enough tests to enact protocols to keep everyone safe.

3) Mask Wearing: All campers and staff will wear masks for the first 72 hours of each camp session, except when eating, swimming, or drinking. Masking rules will only be lifted if all campers and staff test negative on the 3rd day of camp; otherwise, we will continue wearing them.

4) Modified Cohorts: Campers will participate in activities as closed units. A fully enclosed “bubble” will not be possible, but crossover between groups will be limited to socially distanced and masked activities.
· Units will be sat together at any camp-wide activities or events (such as campfires).
Please review the attached guide for further details, including camp’s response plan for if someone does test positive at camp.
We strongly recommend masking and staying home as much as possible in the week leading up to your camp session. We don’t want any campers to miss out due to testing positive before arrival, and recommend taking precautions at home to ensure your camper will be able to attend.
I have a relative whose unvaccinated child was sent home because a camper who ate at the same table came down with covid. If you do not want to follow the protocol, consider not attending the camp.

Old 06-24-2022, 03:58 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:

Hello Camper Families,

Come on, you know masks stop the covids. Always have This "camp" sounds like a camp alright. Straight out of WW2. Does the leader have an eye patch?

Old 06-24-2022, 04:06 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I have a relative whose unvaccinated child was sent home because a camper who ate at the same table came down with covid. If you do not want to follow the protocol, consider not attending the camp.
That's ridiculous unless they came down with COVID too. If I would have known this was going to be the protocol I would have run it by my daughter to see if she still wanted to go to this over Yosemite. It's too late now as they just sprung all of this on us today.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:16 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
When our kids went to camp it wasn’t cheap.
I’d offer the child a better holiday.
If they are going to do this what else might they have up their sleeves?
Ya na that ain’t gonna fly.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:18 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,451,215 times
Even our school district, which was very cautious and slow to lift the last "generation one" covid protocols, gave up small group/cohorts in the spring. Why anyone would do that now when cases are already tapering off for the summer, particularly in a camp setting which is supposed to be social, is beyond me.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:36 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,451,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I have a relative whose unvaccinated child was sent home because a camper who ate at the same table came down with covid.

Was that specifically because they were unvaccinated?

Old 06-24-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
That's ridiculous unless they came down with COVID too. If I would have known this was going to be the protocol I would have run it by my daughter to see if she still wanted to go to this over Yosemite. It's too late now as they just sprung all of this on us today.
it seems that you do not understand that an outbreak could shut down the entire camp.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Was that specifically because they were unvaccinated?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California