Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 02:21 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is true but I don't know of one person that moved that wasn't happy they moved. I guess it depends on how depressed they were here. Couldn't afford a home, couldn't get a decent paying job. I've heard about missing the weather but not much else.
I knew someone who moved here from San Diego and they hated it here. But had to move with their family. Don't know if he moved back on his own later or not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 01:23 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
I live part time in west WA and part time in Danville.
I like the weather better in WA.
It even rains less than our spot in Danville by a couple of inches per year.
Love the green.
Love no 100 Plus degree heat waves.
Love no traffic.
I don’t care what political party my neighbors belong to.
I don’t have any plans on selling my Danville home.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:54 PM

811 posts, read 622,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I knew someone who moved here from San Diego and they hated it here. But had to move with their family. Don't know if he moved back on his own later or not
Basement dweller who missed his buds, weed, and surfing?

I can see that but how about we label him an outlier?

Old 05-29-2020, 03:03 AM

1,255 posts, read 1,054,824 times
A lot of people actually like California and want to move here. Many can do so, too.

I guess that just burns the California-bashers/haters up?

Old 05-29-2020, 05:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Well if one trusts the input from various other forums out there, I'd say the California Liberals are without a doubt flooding places like Prescott Arizona, Salt Lake City Utah, Boise Idaho, Seattle Washington, Denver Colorado and Dallas and Austin Texas just to name a few. Go visit those forums and watch the wars underway. Nothing new there.
I can imagine much of what you say is true, but I am guessing more head for places like Seattle, Denver and Austin than St Lake city and Idaho. If liberals, in mass groups move to places like Salt Lake City all hell would break loose. Just my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I don’t know anyone who has plans to move out of state. But that is real life. OTOH this site would make you think otherwise.
Well I know 3 couples who have moved out of state recently and in all cases politics did play a part: one moved to Prscott, AZ, one to AR, and the third is our niece and hubby who are building a new home in Tuscon. I will add, in none of the cases was politics the only reason for sure. Oh, a forth one, my brother in NO. CA moved to Or but again, politics was not the main reason. He and his wife wanted to be closer to her kids.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:38 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well I know 3 couples who have moved out of state recently and in all cases politics did play a part: one moved to Prscott, AZ, one to AR, and the third is our niece and hubby who are building a new home in Tuscon. I will add, in none of the cases was politics the only reason for sure. Oh, a forth one, my brother in NO. CA moved to Or but again, politics was not the main reason. He and his wife wanted to be closer to her kids.
You can't hardly throw a rock in the Arkansas/Missouri Ozarks, especially your part, and not hit 10 people recently relocated from California.
None of them I encountered seemed to want to ever go back to CA. For some, not even for a visit.
Some posters on here can live in their denial, but California has lost some serious shine over the last 30-40 years.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:41 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
You can't hardly throw a rock in the Arkansas/Missouri Ozarks, especially your part, and not hit 10 people recently relocated from California.
None of them I encountered seemed to want to ever go back to CA. For some, not even for a visit.
Some posters on here can live in their denial, but California has lost some serious shine over the last 30-40 years.
You say this as if it is a bad thing (for California). Unhappy people leaving an overcrowded, infrastructure-stressed state is not a bad thing - for those who leave - nor for the state.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:47 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is true but I don't know of one person that moved that wasn't happy they moved. I guess it depends on how depressed they were here. Couldn't afford a home, couldn't get a decent paying job. I've heard about missing the weather but not much else.
*Raises hand*, I regretted moving to Nevada as soon as the moving truck drove away and we moved back to California within a month of my husband's retirement.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:51 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I know Newsom is asking union workers to take a 10% pay cut, reducing pension contributions, and eliminating illegal alien health care programs. Doesn't sound like he's jockeying for funding, sounds like he's literally run out of money.
(multi-millionaire btw, and increasingly more successful by the year since you asked )
It sounds to me like Newsom is trying to get through this by budget cuts rather than borrowing something that I thought you would applaud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California