Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2021, 07:47 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_210 View Post
The anecdotal "I know this one guy..."

Go find any neighborhood of illegal immigrants and let me know how it goes. I'm sure it'll be the safest neighborhood you've seen, safer than any "legal resident" neighbor for sure. Lol.
Seriously? This is your response after being confronted with verifiable data that completely dismantled your comments? You return with more vacuously anecdotal challenge?

Lol indeed. Too funny ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 09:33 PM

795 posts, read 408,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
We have an agricultural and farming system that wants to take advantage of their cheap labor. I'm always reading about the threat of farm labor shortages from the farmers. They get worried that they won't be able to find enough foreign labor for their fields. And again, 90% of these farmers are likely red blooded American republicans. So on the one hand we need and demand their labor in our fields but on the other hand they better not dare overstay their welcome and they need to go back to their third world ***holes.

We shouldn't have it both ways. It should be one or the other. Personally I'd like to lock the border up and throw away the key. We can find citizens to work in the fields. The prices we pay for our food will go up but so be it. We will have more people employed making a living.
There is already a simple solution for the farmers to get cheap labor. Look at the long list of people on unemployment and welfare. Go down to the nearest section 8 housing development with a school bus and pick up the residents. Take them out to the fields to work. Sure they don’t want to, they’d rather just sit back and collect their welfare checks for cranking out babies while they sit on the coach and get stoned, but so what? Make them work to earn their keep and living like the rest of us. That kills several birds with one stone. Eliminates jobs these illegals are coming here for, employs people who otherwise sit on their butts and collect a check for doing nothing, forces those same people to actually contribute to society, and takes care of the farmers labor problems all in one blow.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:22 AM

https://www.city-data.com/forum/illegal-immigration/

Old 03-13-2021, 07:31 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,675,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Hook, line, and sinker ... I’ve been waiting for you to take the bait ... from the Cato Institute, an organization generally biased against illegal immigrants:

I can go on with many more studies and links ...
Quote:
This comment demonstrates with absolute clarity that you have zero grasp of how the science of logic works ... too funny. Utter disconnect from rational use of correlation. Specious subsets cannot be applied to universal statistics.
Quote:
Nobody here agrees with you lol. Well maybe 2 other people.
Mutt and I don't always see eye to eye, but let's put it on the record that I agree with him. Sic 'em Mutt!

Quote:
Seriously? This is your response after being confronted with verifiable data that completely dismantled your comments? You return with more vacuously anecdotal challenge?

Lol indeed. Too funny ...
Pretty sad how the right-wing argument is always the illegal immigrants are ruining CA -- and by extension the US. These are people who literally have NOTHING but the clothes on their backs -- and you begrudge them even that. Of course I don't support illegal immigration, but surely there are more humane ways of dealing with it vs what we have now.

What is ruining CA, and the rest of the US, is the power grab by people who are already multibillionaires (You need how many private jets?? How many yachts?) manipulating the tax code and political system to amass even more wealth at the expense of the rest of us. Talk about not contributing to society! (and let's not even start about "job creation" which means beating down wages so the Waltons, Jeff Bezos and the like can add even more to their billions).

Old 03-15-2021, 11:22 AM

1,255 posts, read 1,056,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semispherical View Post
Mutt and I don't always see eye to eye, but let's put it on the record that I agree with him. Sic 'em Mutt!

Pretty sad how the right-wing argument is always the illegal immigrants are ruining CA -- and by extension the US. These are people who literally have NOTHING but the clothes on their backs -- and you begrudge them even that. Of course I don't support illegal immigration, but surely there are more humane ways of dealing with it vs what we have now.

What is ruining CA, and the rest of the US, is the power grab by people who are already multibillionaires (You need how many private jets?? How many yachts?) manipulating the tax code and political system to amass even more wealth at the expense of the rest of us. Talk about not contributing to society! (and let's not even start about "job creation" which means beating down wages so the Waltons, Jeff Bezos and the like can add even more to their billions).

Old 03-15-2021, 01:03 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
Quote:

Not sure who made that argument. You're making a lot of assumptions.

You sure pulled a lot of data in support of for someone that supposedly does not want illegal immigration. Being that crime by illegals is so low (let's forget the inconvenient fact that they are perpetually breaking the law, hence being called illegal), let's replace "native" population of laguna beach with illegals, I'm sure crime will plummet to near zero. Because you know, illegals commit less crime than "natives".

Old 03-15-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Not sure who made that argument. You're making a lot of assumptions.

You sure pulled a lot of data in support of for someone that supposedly does not want illegal immigration. Being that crime by illegals is so low (let's forget the inconvenient fact that they are perpetually breaking the law, hence being called illegal), let's replace "native" population of laguna beach with illegals, I'm sure crime will plummet to near zero. Because you know, illegals commit less crime than "natives".
Aaaaand another vacuous post void of any actual rebuttal data.

As for those who voiced support of my data-based correction of your false representations ... the difference between you not providing any data and them not providing data is: they are simply agreeing with MY posted, verifiable proofs while you have provided nothing but meme and myths. They don’t have to add to what has already been documented.

Old 03-15-2021, 03:11 PM

925 posts, read 1,066,651 times
Quote:

Funny, the so called “illegals” are the only people I see working whether it be selling flowers along freeway exits, to people waiting for jobs outside Home Depot. I’ve never seen these people begging or living in trash like the “real” Americans I see.

Old 03-15-2021, 04:48 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,639,748 times
https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/ar...P-CP-Spotlight

Real estate brokerage Compass characterized San Francisco's market as coming "in with a vengeance in early 2021, especially within the city's house market," in a recent report that revealed the year-over-year active listings for houses and condos was up 66% for February.

And as for the much reported Bay Area pandemic exodus? There may be signs that the tide is returning to San Francisco.

"We're even starting to see buyers who left the city make their returns," said Thuma, "after moving away during the pandemic."

Old 03-15-2021, 10:11 PM

6,749 posts, read 6,738,960 times
I'm the first to acknowledge this is one of the worst run states in the country. Newsolini is an impressively bad governor. That said, the media wrote 1000 articles for every exec who said he/she was moving to another state, and lost their mind when old school Oracle and HPE made their announcements. Meanwhile, California still outraises Texas 25 to 1 in terms of VC dollars. Additionally, East Bay home prices have gone through the roof. I think people who want to be in innovative tech/biotech, and want to interact with people, not Zoom screens all day, are making a mistake by leaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California