Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 08:27 PM

4,327 posts, read 6,293,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
He's not too bright with a recall looming.
Do you really think that the people who have been complaining about government overreach were going to vote no for the recall anyway? The fact is that there are more Californians who put protecting health and safety above all else and would be willing to have further restrictions if needed.

I don't like the restrictions myself, but I don't blame Newsom. I blame all the anti-vaxxers who are preventing us from reaching herd immunity. I personally don't think Newsom will need to exercise these powers, given that the COVID cases are likely to stay relatively low, but if he did, I don't blame Newsom for trying to protect lives.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:01 PM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Do you really think that the people who have been complaining about government overreach were going to vote no for the recall anyway? The fact is that there are more Californians who put protecting health and safety above all else and would be willing to have further restrictions if needed.

I don't like the restrictions myself, but I don't blame Newsom. I blame all the anti-vaxxers who are preventing us from reaching herd immunity. I personally don't think Newsom will need to exercise these powers, given that the COVID cases are likely to stay relatively low, but if he did, I don't blame Newsom for trying to protect lives.
He was so worried about "protecting lives" he couldn't help himself from being mask free at an expensive restaurant right after his speech about how we have to mask up and isolate ourselves. You really making excuses for this guy?

Old 06-06-2021, 09:03 PM

Quote:
He was so worried about "protecting lives" he couldn't help himself from being mask free at an expensive restaurant right after his speech about how we have to mask up and isolate ourselves. You really making excuses for this guy?
Not excusing that stupid move but I also look at this in totality. I think it’s a reach if people really think if he’s going to get recalled, barring some apocalypse in the next few months.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Not excusing that stupid move but I also look at this in totality. I think it’s a reach if people really think if he’s going to get recalled, barring some apocalypse in the next few months.
It should at least get him to fly right and not think he's the next dictator of a State. His future is already sunk. His off and on policy is not making anyone happy or even clear.

He's already on record thinking he's smarter than a judge about firearms. This guy is all about him.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:11 PM

435 posts, read 454,857 times
Quote:

Considering what we already know about Covid and its effects, and the fact that states that ended their lockdowns months ago are doing just as well or better as those that continue them, you're insane if you think any of the restrictions were about "saving lives". Just wild, inexcusable delusion at this point. Newsom and pols like him depend on sheep though, which is where people like you come in handy for them. Here's to hoping people who think for themselves can recall Newsom in spite of the impotent, cowardly bleating of his bootlickers.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
Considering what we already know about Covid and its effects, and the fact that states that ended their lockdowns months ago are doing just as well or better as those that continue them, you're insane if you think any of the restrictions were about "saving lives". Just wild, inexcusable delusion at this point. Newsom and pols like him depend on sheep though, which is where people like you come in handy for them. Here's to hoping people who think for themselves can recall Newsom in spite of the impotent, cowardly bleating of his bootlickers.
Actually, states that have reopened are NOT doing better than California health wise. In fact, they're seeing per capita COVID case counts currently much higher than CA. You must've missed my other point though where I said it's unlikely they'll need to put forth any more restrictions, given that COVID cases are improving everywhere (which is a good thing).

On your hoping, I think you're going to be hoping for a long time and will be sorely disappointed. Not going to happen, but I guess it's ok to daydream on this site.

By the way, Republicans should not be calling Democrats sheep. Those who live in glass houses have no business throwing stones.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:20 PM

Quote:
It should at least get him to fly right and not think he's the next dictator of a State. His future is already sunk. His off and on policy is not making anyone happy or even clear.

He's already on record thinking he's smarter than a judge about firearms. This guy is all about him.
Well, that was some right wing partisan judge who made some asinine comment around assault rifles. In that case, yes, Newsom is much smarter than him.

I don't disagree that he's unlikely to ever win national office. But that isn't the topic of the day, is it? It's about whether the recall will succeed, which it won't.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:31 PM

435 posts, read 454,857 times
Quote:
Actually, states that have reopened are NOT doing better than California health wise. In fact, they're seeing per capita COVID case counts currently much higher than CA.
I said "just as well or better", yet interestingly you immediately cut out the "just as well" because you thought if you could just wipe away that part you might actually have an argument. You still don't, but your duplicitous little effort there didn't go unnoticed.

Beyond that, I'll indulge and ask two simple questions:

1. What states have lifted lockdowns and have been doing worse than California lately? Surely you can name a lot of them AND back it up with numbers.... right?

2. How many licks to get to the center of Gavin Newsom's boots? You tell me, you clearly know.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
You have options to move to Countries that have this.
Give it time. The US is moving in this direction, albeit slowly.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Give it time. The US is moving in this direction, albeit slowly.
It won't be in the next hundred years. I'm ok with that. There are more record gun sales in the last 10 years than ever. That tide isn't slowing down anytime soon with all the hating on cops and big city crime leaving people to fiend for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California