Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How should California handle this latest surge of Covid?
Bring back the restrictions of 2020 23 20.18%
Let it rip! 91 79.82%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 11:20 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,111,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes. Like I said: Atta boy, that’ll teach ‘em! Wait till those clowns miss those feet of yours, eh?
While I get you're trolling I'm not trying to "teach anyone" anything by moving. I think the Bay Area response to this is so ridiculously absurd that it's seriously impacting the lives for the worse for young families. Closed schools for almost 1.5 years, mask mandates on 2 year olds, gyms closed for a year etc are just a few of the issues. And it's not like covid is gone. Our numbers in the last wave were some of the worst in the country.

The Bay Area is completely controlled by smug boomers like you in the area with their $500 a year property taxes on their 1.8 million dollar homes that can't see beyond their own limited worldview. It's created it's own breed of NIMBY virtue signaling beauracratic politics that frankly I want nothing to do with. I will be fine with a six figure salary elsewhere too as well as the proceeds from a house sale. You can keep the homeless defecating in the street, miserable traffic, oppressive taxes, and covid forever policies. All I ask is that you stay where you are and don't move away and bring your nonsense with you.

Last edited by njbiodude; 02-06-2022 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 07:19 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I don’t blame you for moving: there are several people on here that would want your 2 year old handcuffed and thrown in jail for not keeping his mask on as that’d seen as a bigger threat to public safety than looters and car theft, etc.
Actually, there are more than several people here that find your absurd obsession with fictional 2-year-olds being handcuffed and thrown in jail - hilarious. One-trick-pony. You’ve found yourself a meme to repeat over and over and over and over and over and over and over … etc … as you kvetch and kvetch and kvetch and kvetch and kvetch and …………………….

Old 02-07-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
While I get you're trolling I'm not trying to "teach anyone" anything by moving. I think the Bay Area response to this is so ridiculously absurd that it's seriously impacting the lives for the worse for young families. Closed schools for almost 1.5 years, mask mandates on 2 year olds, gyms closed for a year etc are just a few of the issues. And it's not like covid is gone. Our numbers in the last wave were some of the worst in the country.

The Bay Area is completely controlled by smug boomers like you in the area with their $500 a year property taxes on their 1.8 million dollar homes that can't see beyond their own limited worldview. It's created it's own breed of NIMBY virtue signaling beauracratic politics that frankly I want nothing to do with. I will be fine with a six figure salary elsewhere too as well as the proceeds from a house sale. You can keep the homeless defecating in the street, miserable traffic, oppressive taxes, and covid forever policies. All I ask is that you stay where you are and don't move away and bring your nonsense with you.
“Trolling”? Moi? Non!

I’m chuckling.

“Smug boomer with …. $500 a year property taxes on their 1.8 million dollar homes that can't see beyond their own limited worldview”?

I live on a boat and in my camper van … with no property taxes. So take that!

I’m completely happy you will be happy elsewhere. I like people being happy wherever they can be.

And I repeat: by leaving, you sure are teaching the Bay Area Boomers, Politicians, and all other residents who stay behind suffering their “limited worldview” a lesson they’ll likely never forget.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:42 AM

3,080 posts, read 1,748,933 times
Quote:

And I repeat: by leaving, you sure are teaching the Bay Area Boomers, Politicians, and all other residents who stay behind suffering their “limited worldview” a lesson they’ll likely never forget.
Give the guy a break. I don’t think he said he was trying to teach anyone a lesson. When you have one vote and it seems hopeless that it can make an impact, leaving is your only and best option. Not about teaching a lesson just about getting away from a situation that doesn’t work for you.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Give the guy a break. I don’t think he said he was trying to teach anyone a lesson. When you have one vote and it seems hopeless that it can make an impact, leaving is your only and best option. Not about teaching a lesson just about getting away from a situation that doesn’t work for you.
I haven’t criticized the guy. Au contraire, I congratulated him, albeit with a dose of sarcasm added, for moving on to wherever he feels will be an improvement. The Covid realities / disruptions / inconveniences will all eventually dissipate. The Bay Area’s evolution will bumble along from there as it will. If one doesn’t feel comfortable with the long-term Bay realities and evolution, then by all means moving is the smart thing to do.

If one loves the Bay, moving out of frustration with Covid policies is - hilariously short-sighted.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I haven’t criticized the guy. Au contraire, I congratulated him, albeit with a dose of sarcasm added, for moving on to wherever he feels will be an improvement. The Covid realities / disruptions / inconveniences will all eventually dissipate. The Bay Area’s evolution will bumble along from there as it will. If one doesn’t feel comfortable with the long-term Bay realities and evolution, then by all means moving is the smart thing to do.

If one loves the Bay, moving out of frustration with Covid policies is - hilariously short-sighted.
And when do you genuinely think Covid restrictions will end in the Bay Area? I've had 2 cooking classes cancelled recently do to fear of us tasting food without masks. Parents still freak out in public at my kid for being unmasked and playing with their kid outdoors.

Much of the US dropped most of their mandates last spring and it's been over completely. In this area the insanity has actually been ramping it up recently. Lots of parents are freaking out about Omicron despite the fact that its milder and almost everyone here is vaccinated. One of the "friends" I know invites me out to drink with him at bars a few times a month (he's turned into a total alcoholic during Covid) but tells me he's so scared for his toddler and our kids need to wear masks if they hang out.

There's now a discussion of a new variant which of course is freaking everyone out all over again. I wouldnt be surprised is school mask mandates exist every winter permanently here and I doubt all the people I see wearing N95s and gloves while walking alone on the beach are just going to flip a switch and suddenly be pleasant people again a month from now when cases inevitably drop.

The best part is you don't even have to go that far to get away from much of the madness. Getting out of the greater Bay Area and LA county usually puts you into a completely different world as far as covid enforcement.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
And when do you genuinely think Covid restrictions will end in the Bay Area? I've had 2 cooking classes cancelled recently do to fear of us tasting food without masks. Parents still freak out in public at my kid for being unmasked and playing with their kid outdoors.

Much of the US dropped most of their mandates last spring and it's been over completely. In this area the insanity has actually been ramping it up recently. Lots of parents are freaking out about Omicron despite the fact that its milder and almost everyone here is vaccinated. One of the "friends" I know invites me out to drink with him at bars a few times a month (he's turned into a total alcoholic during Covid) but tells me he's so scared for his toddler and our kids need to wear masks if they hang out.

There's now a discussion of a new variant which of course is freaking everyone out all over again. I wouldnt be surprised is school mask mandates exist every winter permanently here and I doubt all the people I see wearing N95s and gloves while walking alone on the beach are just going to flip a switch and suddenly be pleasant people again a month from now when cases inevitably drop.

The best part is you don't even have to go that far to get away from much of the madness. Getting out of the greater Bay Area and LA county usually puts you into a completely different world as far as covid enforcement.
Here, read this. I just posted it in the Coronavirus thread … It should make you feel better

More quality reporting from NPR - https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...bout-infection

Old 02-07-2022, 02:47 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Here, read this. I just posted it in the Coronavirus thread … It should make you feel better

More quality reporting from NPR - https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...bout-infection
Looks like they moved it Mutt

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...bout-infection

Old 02-07-2022, 03:11 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,704,338 times
Quote:
I found LA to be more restrictive than SF, but maybe that's because I visited at different times. In SF I didn't need a vax passport for the museums, but I did in LA.

In surrounding towns it's pretty much business as usual. I mean, there are still places with mask mandate signs and most people are still following and masking (depending on the store/clientele), but nobody really bats an eye at the attention-seeking anti-maskers when they show up, anymore.

The only thing I notice is that the anti-maskers seem annoyed that no one is paying them heed. Like they up the level of obnoxiousness just to try to provoke a response, but everyone seems pretty over those extra crybabies at this point.

Some maskless dingbat was trying to engage with me at the coffee stand the other day, and I didn't even realize she was maskless until after I left. I was more preoccupied with wondering: "who is this cray slag, and why is she standing in the way talking to me? I just need a flipping napkin."

So, yeah, all you maskless ninnies who think you're getting dirty looks need to stop being so extra. It's all in your head. Nobody cares anymore. Go buy some incel tee-shirts or something if you need attention.

Old 02-07-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Things we've known for at least a year. Immunity from natural infection+ booster vaccinations should help immensely (but I do think the vaccines need to be updated more for each variant at least annually).

I'm a lot more scared of the government actions against the disease than the disease itself, especially now.

I work in a high risk occupation where so many of my coworkers (and usually subsequently their entire families) have gotten the disease in the last 2 years I can barely count them. There were no deaths and only I think one person went to the hospital briefly. Granted I work with mostly healthier working age people so the mortality is a lot lower than say a nursing home. But that's probably part of the reason I'm a lot more nonchalant about it than lots of tech workers that have existed in a work from home/grubhub/CNN fear blasting bubble for the last 2 years. Unfortunately, the Bay Area has far too many of those types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California