Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 10:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle_rcr View Post
Brand new CA resident here. Hope the stay is real short. You can have your golden state paradise. Yack

Near 10% income tax
Near 10% sales tax
Tax on beverage containers
20 days to register your car when you move in or over $130.00 in fines
Online DMV appointment scheduler backlogged about 15 days
Drive by shootings
Gas over $3.00 per gallon
300K and more for a fixer
200K for a fixer where they might shoot at you
Water shortages
layer upon layer of rules
Forclosures up the nose
unemployment over 10%
God forbid you like GUNS. Oh no
Schools full of angry go no where useless tax consumers
I5 during rush hour
It is a great place to be homeless. You can live under a bridge and not freeze to death

I love the picture posted of the inland empire. Near desert, water shortages yet there in the pic. Nice green grass. Simply brilliant.
CARB on the one hand because of all the air pollution. But on the other hand, a 55MPH speed limit on a county road (S13 in San Diego County) with stop signals. Oh yea, the air quality is important, that's why CA drivers virtually drag race to their next brake check 200 yards ahead.

This peculiar CA habit has me the new CA resident baffled. Why "race" to the next light again and again and again? It's a waste of fuel and brake system components in addition to being extremely polluting.
I'm going to have to second Coyoteskye. I have guns...dont' drive on the freeways you mention, air quality where I live is pretty good, I have a few guns (my family likes guns) and my dad hunts regularly. If you live in an area where lots of people want to live, you can't expect prices to be low. Availability and desire to live in a certain area dictate price.

I don't notice the rules, I guess.... maybe I'm used to it, but the 'rules' so many people flip out about don't really bother me. I've never been in (or seen...) a drive by shooting in my area, and the schools where I live are pretty darn good, including the local university and community college.

I can get fresh locally grown veggies, fruits AND meat that is butchered nearby at our numerous farmers markets and frankly...I love where I live. Bummer you picked a bad area of California, there's a place for everyone

Old 11-04-2009, 09:41 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,523,378 times
I wish a few more million people felt like cycle etc., and would leave too. This was an even greater state when it had 10 million people.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,291,338 times
Quote:
Brand new CA resident here. Hope the stay is real short. You can have your golden state paradise. Yack

Near 10% income tax
Near 10% sales tax
Tax on beverage containers
20 days to register your car when you move in or over $130.00 in fines
Online DMV appointment scheduler backlogged about 15 days
Drive by shootings
Gas over $3.00 per gallon
300K and more for a fixer
200K for a fixer where they might shoot at you
Water shortages
layer upon layer of rules
Forclosures up the nose
unemployment over 10%
God forbid you like GUNS. Oh no
Schools full of angry go no where useless tax consumers
I5 during rush hour
It is a great place to be homeless. You can live under a bridge and not freeze to death

I love the picture posted of the inland empire. Near desert, water shortages yet there in the pic. Nice green grass. Simply brilliant.
CARB on the one hand because of all the air pollution. But on the other hand, a 55MPH speed limit on a county road (S13 in San Diego County) with stop signals. Oh yea, the air quality is important, that's why CA drivers virtually drag race to their next brake check 200 yards ahead.

This peculiar CA habit has me the new CA resident baffled. Why "race" to the next light again and again and again? It's a waste of fuel and brake system components in addition to being extremely polluting.
Don't let the door hit you on your way out. I wish more people like you would pack up and just leave already and stop complaining, it's annoying.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:48 PM

Killing time here.
Quote:

Near 10% income tax 57% of the state budget

Near 10% sales tax Not around my town, but 27% of the state budget

spent on, 42% education, sure don't need to spend that now do we? 38% on health and human services, we all want that cut, except what we use Compare to a non state income tax state, Nevada, 33% of the budget is sales tax, 27.5% from gaming taxes (thank you California)

Tax on beverage containers Don't know what this is.

20 days to register your car when you move in or over $130.00 in fines Funny thing, I waited 6 months, daughter waited a year, no fines.

Online DMV appointment scheduler backlogged about 15 days Huh, I never thought about making an appointment, I just drop by. Nice of them to offer that.

Drive by shootings Fortunately, they keep missing me.

Gas over $3.00 per gallon Only poor people are sweating gas costs

300K and more for a fixer Median household income in CA, 61,000, ranks 9th in the nation, most of us think a household income of $61,00 would be pretty bad, if buying a home is a struggle for you, up your ed.
200K for a fixer where they might shoot at you 115 people got shot by drive by shooting in CA last year, out of 36,756,666 people, I'd say your odds of being shot are pretty low.

Water shortages You live in a desert, what do expect? Have you torn out your lawn yet?
layer upon layer of rules You got me there, only in California are there rules.

Forclosures up the nose and that has to do with the state, exactly how?
unemployment over 10% US rate currently 9.8% California 12.2% not too far off the average
God forbid you like GUNS. utter nonsense Oh no Lots of gun owners and guns in CA,
Schools full of angry go no where useless tax consumers This sentence is rather undecipherable
I5 during rush hour You chose the city, it did not choose you. kinda like moving into a bears cave and complaining about bear attacks.

It is a great place to be homeless. You can live under a bridge and not freeze to death Experienced in this?

Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 PM

3 posts, read 6,828 times
Clarks

What does the apportionment of income taxes within the budget have to do with the comment that the rate is near 10%? Other states can get by without taxing at the rate CA does.

Where someone describes where the taxes are spent means what in context of my comments? As I said above, other states seem to manage their schools and social services with a lot lower taxation.

The tax on the beverage containers is also known as CRV. I read an article in the WSJ last month that the state had raided that fund and put in IOUs.

When you were late in registering your car, did you commit a perjury and not tell the DMV the true dates? I went to the DMV yesterday and made the choice to not lie on the official form which specifically asks the date the vehicle entered CA, an the date residency started. Residency officially when you take a job. As a consequence of being truthful and late to register by 17 days, I paid $130.00 in fines.

My point in saying the appointment backlog is 15 days is to say it is 5 days longer than the period allowed before being compelled to get a CA drivers license. If the state wants to make such rigid requirements, then they should provide the resources to make it reasonable for someone to comply.

I could go on and probably will later. I have to go back to work now.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:24 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,461,182 times
Quote:
When you were late in registering your car, did you commit a perjury and not tell the DMV the true dates? I went to the DMV yesterday and made the choice to not lie on the official form which specifically asks the date the vehicle entered CA, an the date residency started. Residency officially when you take a job. As a consequence of being truthful and late to register by 17 days, I paid $130.00 in fines.
People like Clarks love to tell everyone that the state's taxes and fees are reasonable and people should stop complaining, then turn around and cheat the system the first chance they get. In other words, taxes are great for other people to pay.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:30 PM

Oh Escape, you are so silly, you call your self Escape California and then claim no one could know your plans.... Then you jump to conclusions without evidence. I find your actions peculiar, now, be sure here, are you completely sure there is not a third way? Or fourth? or more?

mmmmmm....

Old 11-05-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Oh Escape, you are so silly, you call your self Escape California and then claim no one could know your plans.... Then you jump to conclusions without evidence. I find your actions peculiar, now, be sure here, are completely sure there is not a third way? Or fourth? or more?

mmmmmm....
you need to lay off the pipe

Old 11-05-2009, 02:46 PM

No, kid, I am older and smarter than you, and I know the laws of the state, something you won't need if you ever actually escape California, which, does not seem to be in the offing.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
No, kid, I am older and smarter than you, and I know the laws of the state, something you won't need if you ever actually escape California, which, does not seem to be in the offing.
You know what they say about making assumptions when you don't know what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California