Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 01:11 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times

Advertisements

It's been a fairly warm week here, today some relief, but by Monday it will be 37C here in Vancouver, but
as high as 44C in places like Lytton.

The province has been breaking records all the month of June. Doesn't bode well for forest fire season

Has it been unseasonably warm where you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 01:53 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,409,857 times
44? Dang thats hot.

Here in Winnipeg we got down to 7 a few days ago. We are currently at 29. Not very hot here at all.

Old 06-23-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
44? Dang thats hot.

Here in Winnipeg we got down to 7 a few days ago. We are currently at 29. Not very hot here at all.
Oh, congrats on your second shot. Did you get AZ?

I get mine Sunday...either Pfizer or Moderna.

Old 06-23-2021, 02:11 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,409,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Oh, congrats on your second shot. Did you get AZ?

I get mine Sunday...either Pfizer or Moderna.
No. I ended up getting Moderna, there was nothing else available if I wanted to get an earlier shot. Feeling a little sick today, chills headache etc.

I was just informed that my pharmacy got some AZ.....just a little too late.

Good luck with your vaccine.

Old 06-23-2021, 02:12 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,047,932 times
It's been up and down here. Mostly warm to hot. Summer weather definitely started a bit earlier than average.

We've had the odd cool day. Usually just one at a time. But there have been way more of them than usual, and they're uncharacteristically late (I mean long after the summer weather has arrived.)

Remember, it snowed in Toronto in late May this year!

We didn't get any snow that day here, and we mostly escaped that cool spell.

Yesterday was the coolest day in a while here, with a high of only 17. Low was 7.

Today it's sunny and in the low 20s.

After this though it will start to warm up to the upper 20s. Often it stays like that until late August.

Old 06-23-2021, 03:22 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post

It's been a fairly warm week here, today some relief, but by Monday it will be 37C here in Vancouver, but
as high as 44C in places like Lytton.

The province has been breaking records all the month of June. Doesn't bode well for forest fire season

Has it been unseasonably warm where you live?
It got to 38 here yesterday Nat, and next Sunday and Monday the temperature forecast for here in Maple Ridge and other communities inland in the Fraser Valley is apparently going to get up to 44 C. (I'm seeing 38-41 listed for Vancouver area then.) That's right here in the lower mainland, and that means that places like Lytton, Lilouette and Osoyoos and further up-country into the Okanagan and up into Kamloops will be getting even hotter than 44 because in summer they're always 5+ degrees hotter than the lower mainland is - so maybe close to 50 +/- up there !!!

OMG !!

I don't think I've ever before seen temperatures like 44 here before this. On Sunday and Monday I plan to be living all day on a deck chair in the shade under the big maple tree where there's always a bit of a breeze generated by the tree leaves, accompanied by a hose and a cobra water mister. I'm also toying with the idea of getting a child's backyard wading pool to fill with water that I can stretch out in.

I'm definitely not looking forward to those kinds of temperatures and I hope there won't be any heat stroke casualties with some of the 70 other seniors that live in this building. Hope the power grid keeps up.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
It got to 38 here yesterday Nat, and next Sunday and Monday the temperature forecast for here in Maple Ridge and other communities inland in the Fraser Valley is apparently going to get up to 44 C. (I'm seeing 38-41 listed for Vancouver area then.) That's right here in the lower mainland, and that means that places like Lytton, Lilouette and Osoyoos and further up-country into the Okanagan and up into Kamloops will be getting even hotter than 44 because in summer they're always 5+ degrees hotter than the lower mainland is - so maybe close to 50 +/- up there !!!

OMG !!

I don't think I've ever before seen temperatures like 44 here before this. On Sunday and Monday I plan to be living all day on a deck chair in the shade under the big maple tree where there's always a bit of a breeze generated by the tree leaves, accompanied by a hose and a cobra water mister. I'm also toying with the idea of getting a child's backyard wading pool to fill with water that I can stretch out in.

I'm definitely not looking forward to those kinds of temperatures and I hope there won't be any heat stroke casualties with some of the 70 other seniors that live in this building. Hope the power grid keeps up.

Yikes. OMG is right.

My escape plan on Saturday is the beach..with an umbrella and lots of water.

Sunday, perhaps Stanley Park in the shade. I don't want to get too overheated since my second shot is Sunday evening. Maybe lunch in a nice air-conditioned restaurant.

I just can't stay in my apartment. Even when it's 24C outside it can be 28C inside and with only a fan, it's not the best. If it gets as hot as you think it might, I can't imagine what it will be like inside my place.

So far, no beer offers.

Come on Canada! Zoisite and me are counting on you.

Old 06-23-2021, 04:51 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Glad to hear everyone is getting their vaccines.

I complied with Canada's rules, and today I am out of quarantine. Went food shopping. Saw the line of people waiting to get in at Canadian Tire across the street from the Foodland because Ontario still has limits on the number of people in a shop. A little strange after returning from Jersey, where things were opening up just before I came back. No percentage limits on restaurants, but tables still have to be six feet apart, and signs on most stores say "masks not necessary for vaccinated customers" or some equivalent to that. Of course, since no one has a brand on their foreheads, it's on the honor system.

But it's worth the small inconvenience to be back in my happy place.

And the beer here is certainly good, although I try to keep my consumption down because it bloats me up. Cool and nice today, but supposed to get hot here over the next few.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:47 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,329,814 times
I don't drink beer. Gorgeous weather. Can't wait to harvest the cukes.
Had my 2nd shot of Pfizer a week ago; nose bleeds finally cleared up yesterday.

Old 06-23-2021, 07:10 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
I don't drink beer. Gorgeous weather. Can't wait to harvest the cukes.
Had my 2nd shot of Pfizer a week ago; nose bleeds finally cleared up yesterday.
Oh no, from the vaccine? That's scary.

I had Pfizer and nothing but a bruised feeling at the injection site for a day or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada