Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 01:22 PM

61,702 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Advertisements

The map looks even worse today:
https://www.infoclimat.fr/cartes/obs...da-quebec.html
Any ice must be melting at a fast rate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 01:22 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
The Toronto area has been the opposite. Much cooler and wetter than it usually is. With the exception of a couple years that have been cooler and wetter, the last couple decades have seemed to have summers with long and frequent heat waves, with corresponding periods of drought, with most rain following in a few days over the course of the summer.

So, here it’s quite cool, humid, and rainy. It’s a nice break from blue skies, high humidity, and temps above 30*. I’ve barely had to turn on the AC this summer.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:04 PM

219 posts, read 161,203 times
It is stinking hot up here too and I am not happy. Highs in the 30s are expected for a week at least and my home just isn't built for that. Neither is my work so we might be on half-days next week if the building heats up too much.

Normally we would just struggle through but we have puppies that aren't quite 2 weeks old. It will be a challenge to keep them from overheating or getting too chilled.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:54 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Does Amazon ships free to Canada?
This one seems to be very popular:
https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...ref=mp_s_a_1_3
Amazon.com recognizes when an item is being viewed from Canada and inserts a shipping cost to Canada amount into the listing. In the case of that air conditioner, the shipping cost and import fee is listed as US $120.

Old 06-25-2021, 04:02 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Does Amazon ships free to Canada?
This one seems to be very popular:
https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...ref=mp_s_a_1_3
That Black & Decker A/C sounds even better for me than the Danby, I'm going to check that out first. Thanks.

Quote:
The map looks even worse today:
https://www.infoclimat.fr/cartes/obs...da-quebec.html
Any ice must be melting at a fast rate
Yes, it's worse, this heat wave is spreading more across the continent now than it was yesterday. I looked at the temps in Mexico and all the southern States too. Wow!!

Old 06-27-2021, 11:00 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
The latest forecast has Monday in Vancouver at 41C.

Zoisite, Maple Ridge will be 43C. The good news is that Tuesday in MR will be 33C, which will see pleasant after 43C.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:17 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,410,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Zoisite, Maple Ridge will be 43C. The good news is that Tuesday in MR will be 33C, which will see pleasant after 43C.
Better put some Old Style Pilsner in the fridge, Zoisite.

Old 06-27-2021, 07:04 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
It's 40 degrees right now and I'm dreading what tomorrow brings. I've been doing everything you're supposed to do to combat the heat but I still have an upset stomach and my whole body feels stiff and sore all over like I got beat up and thrown in a drier to tumble dry.

This is not fun and not easy to adapt to for a society of people who have been accustomed all their lives to much cooler temperatures. Stepping outside even for a moment is like stepping into a blast oven. All of my neighbours in the highrise are utterly miserable and feeling ill, and for one of them we had to have paramedics and police called to attend to him because he had a mental breakdown this morning because of the heat and he became violent and hallucinating. I've been hearing many emergency vehicle sirens around town around the clock since yesterday afternoon.

Many of the plants and shrubs in my gardens around the building are keeling over and withering in spite of being well watered, they just can't take the intense direct sun on their leaves. I'll be glad when this heat wave is over, forecast is for it to ease up a bit within the next week to 10 days. It can't break up too soon for me.

Time to go stock up on some Pilsner for tomorrow once the heat lets up a bit later this evening.

I used a big round concave garbage can lid tuned upside down on the lawn to make it into a bird bath for all the birds. They like it.

Last edited by Zoisite; 06-27-2021 at 07:15 PM..

Old 06-27-2021, 07:26 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Sounds miserable, Zoisite.

Old 06-27-2021, 08:50 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times
Lytton set a new all-time high record for all of Canada hitting 46.6c. Victoria also reached an all-time record of 38c. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada